Sign in to follow this  
Jijypuru

Growth and shampoo

Hi

I had my ht almost 6 months ago. The last month I have seen/see no new hairs coming. 

Is this normal. Could there still be new hairs from now or will growth the next 6 months only be existing hairs getting thicker and stronger?

Is there any proof of specific shampoos having an effect of stoping hairloss? Seems like many in here using ds laboratories or something like that?

Thanks

You are forbidden from looking at yourself in any mirror for another 6 months. Obsessing and stressing over it will only lead to more than normal shedding.

Typically the first growth starts at about 3-4 months with very fine caliber hair.  The shaft then matures with time.  I've seen cases in which the patient saw little to no change until a year after.  These "late" bloomers can take 18 or more months to fully mature.  

Shampoo only cleans hair and does nothing to promote  retention, enhancement or growth.  Some shampoos contain Rogaine in them and, thus, can promote some type of improvement. Rely on Propecia, Rogaine, Laser and PRP. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2020 at 9:36 AM, LaserCap said:

You are forbidden from looking at yourself in any mirror for another 6 months. Obsessing and stressing over it will only lead to more than normal shedding.

Typically the first growth starts at about 3-4 months with very fine caliber hair.  The shaft then matures with time.  I've seen cases in which the patient saw little to no change until a year after.  These "late" bloomers can take 18 or more months to fully mature.  

Shampoo only cleans hair and does nothing to promote  retention, enhancement or growth.  Some shampoos contain Rogaine in them and, thus, can promote some type of improvement. Rely on Propecia, Rogaine, Laser and PRP. 

What LaserCap said! 

any recommendations on which laser cap to invest in at the moment it seems like Irestore is getting the best reviews. But I trust individuals more then a magazine.