I think I was lied too...?

VJC

Hey everyone!

First thing first I love this little community, I wish I found this forum before getting my HT

Anyway I’m not going to name and shame just in case I’m wrong but I got my HT in Turkey and that’s all I’m going to say first. I was quote 3300-3600 for a new hair line (from a six finger forehead to a four finger forehead :p ) 

Once they extracted my doner hair I was then told they took little over 4000 and finally quoted 4050 all up. I was told they was going to put 2700 in the front and 500 in the middle and 800 in the crown. Then once the operation was over I was told they didn’t put any in the middle because he felt the hairs were strong enough and it was not good to kill the hairs in the middle with new ones. I didn’t ask what did they do with the 500 hairs from the middle. Also during the operation the last hour they put something over my eyes so I could not see anymore ( I was thinking maybe they did this so I could not see them wheel away with hairs they didn’t use....) 

The next day I asked the doctor did they use all the hairs he said yes and then I said so how much doner hair do I have left for a second hair transplant if I need one in the future he said about 2000. (I’m a little worried)

Anyway here are some photos and I hope you guys can be the judge do you think they used 4050 on my hair... because they sure took a lot from my doner area. 

from what I can see they did some good work and finger crossed I get good results I’m just scared I was lied to and they didn’t need to pull so much hair. 

2DFB1270-6627-49D7-A15A-2CD80B9D510D.jpeg

7B5CF42C-E28A-4CB9-876F-FF08C8B892C3.jpeg

247D6D69-A598-4ADE-B981-FBB914B07D82.jpeg

65A5FE42-579B-467D-A4F7-126C5A508435.jpeg

E4F2FDEE-1413-4DD0-A436-8D1BF22E23AF.jpeg

9EE39400-9D67-46E2-9886-87BABC4D0FE8.jpeg

Most surgeries would look this bloody if the clinic does not take time to clean in between. 

Anyway, with this poor pics it is hard to tell how much was implanted or if the work is good or not. The typical distribution (which you can more guess than see on this pics) and the zick-zacks are typical for certain hair mills in turkey though. I could make a guess..

It would be good to see donor pics and pre-surgery pics.

Another point: The hairline is very low from my point of view. It appears to be significantly below the 1/3 rule which is always critical. It is even more critical if you are young and the loss is aggressive. 

I guess your right they were not cleaning in between... the picture with the big blood dripping down was taken the next day after a horrible night sleep... and I’m known for bleeding a lot on the head. One time I cut the top of my head only needed two stitches but people thought I needed 10 from the amount of blood. 

Here are the pre pictures and two weeks after donor hair pics. Sadly I didn’t take one after surgery just video

im 34 years old and I didn’t know this rule of 1/3  when I lift my eye brows my hair line is not close to my wrinkles... if that helps... 

CE2E5D2B-C6E8-4C81-8259-D1F92ABE06DC.jpeg

32B9C80D-0DF8-489E-8465-BA9D9CDA6F5B.jpeg

59F3BFC8-C0DA-42D8-9C75-1C3C6670CA40.jpeg

F013CDEE-73CF-4792-9128-AC0FF519AC46.jpeg

29105909-008D-4E8E-8292-B4FD662A870D.jpeg

E1C8148B-928A-4B7D-A452-A1A0846A6F95.jpeg

C7EF7175-F64B-4695-B585-2E9C3967813A.jpeg

C663DD96-9D63-4333-90DD-C0AA013771CE.jpeg

3E13405F-FFCE-45CA-A40B-63405EFA1598.jpeg

First, I hope the surgery is successful and you're happy with the results. 

I suggest you get a consultation with a surgeon recommended on here and they should be able to tell you about how many hairs were taken out and transplanted. Also, it looks like the clinic didn't do a good job cleaning your head based on the photos you've shared. 

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

What’s done is done. You got excessive scabbing because they didn’t clean the blood well during the procedure. Were you able to gently release the scabs? When the scabs came off did you have a sort of buzz cut look that lasted for a few days before you started shedding or were there big gaps? It is an overly aggressive design. Hopefully you get good growth. Whatever happens don’t go back there.

@duchaine well fingers crossed some didn’t I guess we will find out month 4-6 month. The doctor didn’t say anything during the clean... but I guess they never would... hmmmm anyway do you think they did 4050? My guess is only 2800-3000 

2 minutes ago, VJC said:

@Sam818 I had a buzz cut look (which looked good) all the way to week 3 and shedding started around week 4 and stopped around week 5 (is that good news???)

Yes I think it’s a good sign that you were able to remove the heavy scabs without dislodging the grafts. There’s nothing you can do now but wait. 

2 hours ago, VJC said:

@LonelyGraft like I said in my first post I’m not going to name and shame yet... 

This is complexity selfish.
You are sharing your experience with other people, that are supporting you with their experiences and their knowledge. 
A forum is a a two way street: you keep something here and you should give something back.
Naming names is the best way to orientate other people looking for an hair transplant surgeon. 
"Im not going to shame yet"
You are not defaming anybody if you show your pics and say where you got your op.
Every person, looking at pics, can make his own idea and take his decision.

• Like 2

@duchaine I don’t want to harm someone’s business with out the finish product on a public forum. I will admit there was some things I didn’t like about the clinic but also there were some things I did like. But if someone private messaged me asking me who it was out of stress because they didn’t want to go to that Clinic I would of course tell them. I picked this clinic because of of someone’s YouTube video from their fantastic results hoping I too would get the same. But I will say it’s not Cinik. If that helps anyone. 

4 hours ago, VJC said:

@duchaine I don’t want to harm someone’s business with out the finish product on a public forum. I will admit there was some things I didn’t like about the clinic but also there were some things I did like. But if someone private messaged me asking me who it was out of stress because they didn’t want to go to that Clinic I would of course tell them. I picked this clinic because of of someone’s YouTube video from their fantastic results hoping I too would get the same. But I will say it’s not Cinik. If that helps anyone. 

Are you planning on getting a consultation to get a count of the number of hairs that were transplanted?

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

19 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

Are you planning on getting a consultation to get a count of the number of hairs that were transplanted?

Can be done with pics (tricoscope images) or it must be a live consultation?

• Administrators

Should you name the clinic, because either way, if it is a success people should know, and if it is a failure people should know. Try to post without agenda, simply share your experience and allow the community to make the judgement. This way you're not necessarily naming and shaming, you're simply sharing your genuine experience. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.