Dr Demirsoy 3030 grafts 16th January

Bigjab

Hey chaps I’m writing about my experience with Dr Erkan Demirsoy on the 16th January I am 2 days post op and I’m going to be posting photos once a week. I had 3030 grafts which I was happy with my estimate was 4000 but the doctor was not happy about extracting anymore than he did. I am 25 and have been losing my hair since 16 I am currently taking no medication post op I have previously taken finasteride but had bad side effects so not keen on the idea of jumping back on that and also I have used minoxidil but am not keen on using that again as I have read about the hairs being ‘minoxidil dependant’. There is already plenty of reviews on here on dr demirsoy talking about the ins and outs of the surgery and the procedure so I won’t go over it all again I’m on here just to post my photos every week and get you guys opinions and any advice going so here goes... 👍

8977BC8C-AA99-4624-875F-C107B7395196.png

0D86A2AD-82ED-41C8-9FF8-F9B24E8A5B72.png

CD3F36EA-BA9D-4564-B5C8-670FCA2C4A18.png

8BA77040-71A1-42FE-AECB-1309FF0F61EB.png

2712C01A-9A3D-40BC-9D15-685B7E19F817.png

D0C8039C-F80A-4F85-94F8-DBF8AA845723.png

0EF6727A-2D9D-40A3-BE3C-D6BD98996F95.png

EDB5730D-5C1D-462D-AEB0-D77D5E70F145.png

08DDA727-0440-4A87-9CC6-C48670C2C59C.png

Looks great, as usual from Demirsoy.

Did he give you a reason for not wanting to extract more than 3030 grafts ?  Your donor looks pretty solid so I would assume you could get more from it, but am also aware that pictures can be deceiving.

I just worry that its all that's available without over harvesting, and you're not on any hair loss prevention medication either.

Edited by BuddyX

Those appear to be crusts/scabs that are forming - and completely normal. Make sure you to follow your surgeon's protocol in how to care for your scalp and keep it clean, which will help minimize this. You'll reach a point in his instructions where you can start washing more vigorously, which will also help - but until then, just hang tight. The work looks amazing. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

On 1/18/2020 at 8:12 PM, BuddyX said:

Looks great, as usual from Demirsoy.

Did he give you a reason for not wanting to extract more than 3030 grafts ?  Your donor looks pretty solid so I would assume you could get more from it, but am also aware that pictures can be deceiving.

I just worry that its all that's available without over harvesting, and you're not on any hair loss prevention medication either.

I will eventually get back on hair loss prevention bud but which one I’m not sure I’m still weighing my options up atm and he said I have available maybe 5000-6000 donor grafts total so said to leave the rest incase I needed them in the future.

On 1/18/2020 at 10:11 PM, pkipling said:

Those appear to be crusts/scabs that are forming - and completely normal. Make sure you to follow your surgeon's protocol in how to care for your scalp and keep it clean, which will help minimize this. You'll reach a point in his instructions where you can start washing more vigorously, which will also help - but until then, just hang tight. The work looks amazing. 

Thank you for your advice mate 👍 

On 1/18/2020 at 11:11 PM, pkipling said:

I can see that his native hair a little longer than transplanted hair and some TH are not grown at all (they look like black heads).
It is ok or that means that the tranplanted FU are going to die?

24 minutes ago, nightcrawler said:

@duchaine

The pic was made two days post OP and some crusts are looking like you say "black heads" others seem to be yellow and this is totally normal. This is no indication that the FU´s died. 

Thaks for answer. I'm asking because I'm one week out and a) trasnpalted hair grow at a slower rate than native; b) some th are like "black head" (the FU didn't grow at all).

4 hours ago, duchaine said:

I can see that his native hair a little longer than transplanted hair and some TH are not grown at all (they look like black heads).
It is ok or that means that the tranplanted FU are going to die?

A lad who went to demirsoy the week before says you don’t see the hairs before you remove the scabs so you don’t know wether they have not grown bud until you remove the scabs hope this helps 👍

• Like 1

WEEK 1 UPDATE

Sleeping has been fine with no accidents, itchiness has been annoying but bare able. I’m thinking maybe start removing scabs as of tomorrow what’s your opinions chaps?👍

F91CE5D3-6234-481E-B438-93F9EFC055F8.jpeg

A1D902A1-761E-4A4E-AB4A-E5300AE54791.jpeg

7D4B05C0-03DE-4003-8893-AD54D04C24E1.png

CF6A13DB-B7E8-4C7C-BAEB-C4F7931BDCAE.png

A1B41EE0-DCC7-4FF9-AF89-9C9F98438890.png

D989AD22-048E-4123-AAFA-43EE1A1F49C7.png

Edited by Bigjab

DAY 9

scabs off 

still itchy I’ve started putting aloe Vera on donor and this is helping I’m just so glad the scabs are off now and it’s time to sit back and be patient all the best chaps 👍

63B0D9D1-E5EE-4259-9B24-690182EC98C7.png

I really am impressed with Dr Demirsoy's work, especially the natural and conservative restoration of the hairline. I've seen way too many examples from Turkey of FUE mega-sessions wasting way too many grafts on unrealistic, overly aggressive, top-loaded hairlines. Yours looks aesthetically perfect! Best of luck healing and growing - you should have an excellent result.

22 hours ago, home1212 said:

I really am impressed with Dr Demirsoy's work, especially the natural and conservative restoration of the hairline. I've seen way too many examples from Turkey of FUE mega-sessions wasting way too many grafts on unrealistic, overly aggressive, top-loaded hairlines. Yours looks aesthetically perfect! Best of luck healing and growing - you should have an excellent result.

I totally agree bud his work is brilliant and thank you means a lot 👍

WEEK 2 UPDATE!

over the moon with how it’s looking at the moment everyone just thinks I’ve just shaved my head as the redness has pretty much gone. I’m still using aloe Vera on the donor but also using on the recipient now for itchiness. I’m hoping I’m one of the lucky ones who doesn’t shed the transplanted hairs is that too much to ask for? 😂 if not I’m dreading the shed as I’m loving having hair haha all the best chaps any questions hit me up 👍 I will attach photos!

B10C2811-88C1-4BDB-B7AF-6CA8397C65BE.png

0912A52E-9725-43F2-94CB-32941733736B.png

87B89438-20C0-4190-B6F8-9DA7B6DA7473.png

4643DDB3-A68B-4BED-BABD-775E925CFB87.png

Hey @Bigjab, how are things? I was considering going with Dr. Demirsoy for a transplant based on all the reviews here including yours. Would you be comfortable recommending him? And how much did your procedure cost - just curious? Thanks!

16 minutes ago, Mjain said:

Hey @Bigjab, how are things? I was considering going with Dr. Demirsoy for a transplant based on all the reviews here including yours. Would you be comfortable recommending him? And how much did your procedure cost - just curious? Thanks!

Hey dude yes I would definitely recommend dr demirsoy you will be in safe hands with him for sure i was looking for the right doctor for a long time but it was the patient reviews on this forum that swayed my thinking towards dr demirsoy and Muzaffer his assistant is a true gent I can’t speak any higher of him. I paid 1.25 euro per graft and had 3030 so I paid all together £4060 including accommodation transfers £3787 for the procedure and I also tipped muzzafer because of how good he had been. Hope this helps bud 👍

46 minutes ago, Bigjab said:

Hey dude yes I would definitely recommend dr demirsoy you will be in safe hands with him for sure i was looking for the right doctor for a long time but it was the patient reviews on this forum that swayed my thinking towards dr demirsoy and Muzaffer his assistant is a true gent I can’t speak any higher of him. I paid 1.25 euro per graft and had 3030 so I paid all together £4060 including accommodation transfers £3787 for the procedure and I also tipped muzzafer because of how good he had been. Hope this helps bud 👍

Grt, that's super helpful. Good luck to you for the recovery and thanks so much! I will get in touch with them now - wish me luck :)

7 hours ago, Mjain said:

Grt, that's super helpful. Good luck to you for the recovery and thanks so much! I will get in touch with them now - wish me luck :)

All will be well mate I’m in a group chat on WhatsApp with 7 other people who all have been to dr demirsoy or who have upcoming hair transplants with him your more than welcome to join just drop me a message if your interested 👍

Great pal! 

I have some questions about Demirsoy:

1. Was he (or prob his technician) using a magnifier instead of a microscope to separate the grafts after extractions?

2. You didn't do the crown area, right? Did he recommend the crown to be done in the same session, first they sent you the online consultation?

4. Was he dividing extractions to chunks and implanting them or all in one go?

5. Did he say by any chance why he's not doing manual extraction anymore?

Hey dude I’ll try answer these questions as best I can 

1. I have no idea for this dude I’m sorry as I had a Xanax and this put me to sleep during the extractions.

2. Dr demirsoy advised for me to focus on the front and middle parts and look into doing the crown maybe at a later date he said I have a total of maybe 5000-6000 grafts in my donor.

3. I’m not sure about this either dude but I’ll try to find out.

4. Muzaffer dr demirsoy’s assistant said he used to do manual extraction and said that he sees no difference in results I believe he used to charge 2.15 euro per graft when doing manual extraction.

hope this helps bud