First hair cut after FUT

Musicman74

I had my FUT procedure done back in early December of last year and I desperately need a hair cut.  I want to take it down as short as possible as I'm currently in the "ugly ducking" phase where all of my transplanted hair has shed (my baldness is isolated to the crown).  Obviously I want to conceal my FUT scar, any suggestions on a safe clipper size?  I'd like to go down to a number 4 but I have no way of telling how bad the shock loss is around the scar (my hair is pretty long).  Any suggestions?  Should I play it safe and go with a number 5 or 6 clipper size?

So I got my hair cut today and was completely open with my stylist.  I told them about my hair transplant and my concern with the scar.  They recommended a 6 guard and that's what I went with.  The scar is completely hidden. The plan is to get my hair cut again in another 2 months and try a 5 guard.  This will give any shock loss I may have more time to heal and I might even start to see some growth in recipient area (crown) by then.

• Administrators

I would suggest a tapered hairstyle. A lot of guys with FUT can go low as #1 on the very bottom and gradually fade in to #6. 

Here’s a good example 

image.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.