I am not very experienced in HT but it looks like you are experiencing the norm with shedding.  I think you will more and more growth as time goes on...Stay positive!

• Like 1

No they did not apparently it was okay to add a few hundred grafts. I’m kind of worried now because my crown area hasn’t been this thin but I’m hoping the 500 grafts will grow out and I’ll have more coverage in the thinning areas l. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see. 

On 5/13/2020 at 11:43 AM, Karn said:

The doctor did prescribe finasteride but I did not want to take it. I have few friends that had some side effects using finasteride. I’m sorry I do not know the graft density, I will try finding out if I can.

Hello,

Hope you are well.

It was a pleasure having you with us for the surgery.

I wanted to stress on the importance of Finasteride in a case like yours. You are a young individual with chances of losing more pre-existing hair in the future to baldness. If you do not take the medication then the transplanted hair will be the ones remaining and the ones surrounding those areas will eventually miniaturize and disappear. This will make your growth look odd until you are ready to go for another procedure. Again, you will have to probably have multiple hair transplantation procedures in that case. The periphery along the crown and the area behind your hairline zone will probably start receding first.

You can try to use Finasteride pills at 1 mg for sometime and observe the effects of the same in your case. If you do experience side effects with them then you can leave them. However, it is not necessary that everyone should experience side effects. It is very rare. You also have the option of using Finasteride gel that can be use topically on the scalp. It can also prove to be helpful if use regularly and in our experience it does work on people with Androgenetic Alopecia. The gel is available in Italy and will be shipped to your address by the company itself after we send them a prescription in your name. However, there is no scientific literarature regarding the topical form of Finasteride. Taking the pill is obviously better but using the gel is better than using nothing.

Please do share your updated pictures here and lets all evaluate the current progress. 

• Like 1

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

On 5/13/2020 at 6:30 AM, Karn said:

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late response. Its been two months since i got my hair transplant from Doctor Arika basal at Eugenix clinic. My hair has sheded and now growing back very slowly and patchy but i guess thats normal. I am worried about my crown area i had 500 grafts planted there and I've never seen it this thin. If you guys could tell me about more about why my crown has gotten thinner that would be greatly appreciated.  

I have posted pictures of the day i got the hair transplant March 9th then March 13th four days after surgery then after the first wash March 17 and then April 2nd before the shedding started, The last pictures were take May 12 after i got a haircut i usually cut my sides and back short so you can see where the hair was taken out of the scars are not the visible you would have to look very close to see them in person. 

Total grafts planted were 2500, 500 grafts on the crown, 125 left temple, 135 on the right temple and the rest were planted on the hairline.
All pictures were uploaded in order.
Shampoo I've been using is Dove and i haven't been taking anything else but biotin.

Hope this helps you guys out, I'm excited for my final results!

image3.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image1 2.jpeg

image2 2.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image3 2.jpeg

image0 2.jpeg

image1 3.jpeg

image2 3.jpeg

image3 3.jpeg

image1 4.jpeg

image0 3.jpeg

image2 4.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image0 4.jpeg

image3 4.jpeg

hi bro. hows it going. these pics show some bad work. scars on the back are looking bad. also i cant see any growth here. i have been reading about hair transplant myself and yes it takes 6 months to show good change. but here I see some people saying that you have gor excellent result. am i missing something here? i dont see any hair growing , infact it is looking patchier than before. hope it gets better soon.

i M a noob in hair transplant thing, but seeing this I would rather not get it done . is it always like this. the back of the head really looks horrible as if someone has shot me there. i saw some videos on youtube but didnt see such ugly dots.

also the density after transplant doesnt look nice at all. but mayb thats how it is done. people here sayin that its all good..so must be..cheers and all the best

3 hours ago, batmanbegins said:

hi bro. hows it going. these pics show some bad work. scars on the back are looking bad. also i cant see any growth here. i have been reading about hair transplant myself and yes it takes 6 months to show good change. but here I see some people saying that you have gor excellent result. am i missing something here? i dont see any hair growing , infact it is looking patchier than before. hope it gets better soon.

i M a noob in hair transplant thing, but seeing this I would rather not get it done . is it always like this. the back of the head really looks horrible as if someone has shot me there. i saw some videos on youtube but didnt see such ugly dots.

also the density after transplant doesnt look nice at all. but mayb thats how it is done. people here sayin that its all good..so must be..cheers and all the best

@batmanbegins The least you can do is be kind in what you say. Calling someones post op surgery as horrible dots, scars is not very nice. 

What is your knowledge on HT and what research have you done so far? You said you would rather not get it done. What is your purpose of joining this forum?

@Melvin-Moderator

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Looking for HT said:

@batmanbegins The least you can do is be kind in what you say. Calling someones post op surgery as horrible dots, scars is not very nice. 

What is your knowledge on HT and what research have you done so far? You said you would rather not get it done. What is your purpose of joining this forum?

@Melvin-Moderator

He’s a troll, ignore him. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi, 

Attached below are photos of my third month results so far very thin in the front and crown. I feel like the that was transplanted in the crown area hasn't started growing yet which still has me worried but from what i heard and researched the crown is supposed to be the slowest to grow and I'm still in the early months, the hair on the hairline is growing but very slowly. From the picture month two and three look pretty simlar. The hair on the temples is growing but needs to mature still as you can still see the alopecia. Hopefully the hair growth starts to speed up now. What do you guys think about PRP treatments I'm debating if i should do them. Take a look and let me know what you guys think.

Thanks 

image0.png

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

6 hours ago, Karn said:

Hi, 

Attached below are photos of my third month results so far very thin in the front and crown. I feel like the that was transplanted in the crown area hasn't started growing yet which still has me worried but from what i heard and researched the crown is supposed to be the slowest to grow and I'm still in the early months, the hair on the hairline is growing but very slowly. From the picture month two and three look pretty simlar. The hair on the temples is growing but needs to mature still as you can still see the alopecia. Hopefully the hair growth starts to speed up now. What do you guys think about PRP treatments I'm debating if i should do them. Take a look and let me know what you guys think.

Thanks 

image0.png

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

Hey mate. Am I right that you are not on any meds? Well if yes , you and me have a very similar growth. Check out my progress. I am on zero meds as well. It looks ok to me as I was the same.

• Valued Contributor

Hi Sim. You are judging your results now at the 12 week mark. Not the 12 month mark. I can understand the frustration in wanting the new grafts to grow quickly but you have plenty of time. Did Eugenix tell you how many more grafts you have left to use from your scalp donor? You also look to have awesome beard donor. If you choose not to take finasteride I can respect your decision. I look forward to seeing your results in the coming months! You have gone to one of the best clinics in the world IMHO. I will be having my work done at Eugenix once flights resume after this corona virus settles down.

On 6/10/2020 at 10:24 AM, Karn said:

Hi, 

Thanks 

image0.png

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

For the 3rd month, the growth is as expected. Normally, we expect the growth to only initiate by the 4th month. PRP is not mandatory and you can do without it. It does not necessarily have an active contribution to the results but rather just acts as a supplement. Finasteride is the main medication that you should be taking. Without Finasteride, you will lose your pre-existing hair for sure. 

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

Keeping my fingers crossed for you dude 🤞!  Where in Canada are you?  Being a fellow desi I would say Brampton but then that would be presumptuous 😁.  Incidently I moved to Brampton in 1986!  I moved out in 2001..

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...