Are you supposed to pop whiteheads in the recipient area?

KSmithy

Hi all,

I've had a few whiteheads show up in my recipient area around the hairline. I squeezed one and it popped with a fair bit of pus coming out but that was followed by a little bit of blood, does that means I've damaged the graft? Are you supposed to just leave them?

Thanks,

K

You're better off just leaving them alone.  Your body will naturally reabsorb them.  Sometimes one could get infected but that is pretty unusual.  Your doctor can advise you on that.  The one you "popped" will probably recover as well.  Just refrain from the temptation to squeeze them going forward.  You have a lot to look forward to in about 3-4 months.  Best of luck to you.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

On 1/15/2020 at 11:56 AM, KSmithy said:

Hi all,

I've had a few whiteheads show up in my recipient area around the hairline. I squeezed one and it popped with a fair bit of pus coming out but that was followed by a little bit of blood, does that means I've damaged the graft? Are you supposed to just leave them?

Thanks,

K

I was advised to, as the build up of puss could theoretical place pressure on the underlying follicle.  Just do it after a shower and apply some ointment afterwards.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day