Female -- Hair Transplant without shaving the recipient area

Hairseeker00

You don't need to shave the recipient area, usually female hair transplants are done to lower the hairline so you don't need to shave at all, consult with multiple doctors and they will advise you on how the procedure goes, good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hairseeker00 said:

I consulted with one so far in Virginia and he said I need to shave the recipient area. I will consult with more. Thanks 

It's always a good idea to consult with multiple doctors, the doctor might need to trim the area that needs some work but you definitely don't need to shave the whole recipient area, otherwise no female would do a hair transplant since it will be hard to camouflage it and hair takes a long time to grow. When you do your search make sure to check for real patients results posted on the forum like the one below.

• Like 2

• Moderators

True & Dorin in NY do not shave the recipient area. There are several others as well.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.