FUE HT and weight training

A lot of clinic suggest to wait 4 weeks after fue Ht to start training.
The thing doesn't make any sense to me, because. the graft on the recipient area are ok after 4/10 days.
What is your opinion?

Edited by duchaine

1 hour ago, 147break said:

Your title says FUE but your text says FUT. I believe it's recommended to wait a while because it can cause your FUT scar to stretch

Sprry, my mistake.  meant FUE.
I figure that weight training should be avoided after FUT but...why do docs suggest to avoid WT after FUE.

The last FUE I had I was back doing weights after 14 days.  I just went in about 30% lighter than normal for first week.

FUT I would double it and then be really careful with activities that flexed the neck a lot.

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

45 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

The last FUE I had I was back doing weights after 14 days.  I just went in about 30% lighter than normal for first week.

FUT I would double it and then be really careful with activities that flexed the neck a lot.

so, 3 weeks are more than enough ...thanks!
(first deloading in 3 years...I think I can stay 3 weeks without lift!)

59 minutes ago, Dr. Glenn Charles said:

With FUE there should be no worries about working after 10-14 days. Of course be careful not to physically bump your head into something, but careful workouts should not effect the results of your procedure.

Doc, some of your colleagues say that we should avoid training for 1 month because we need the blood goes to the scalp and not to muscles..but it doesn't make any sense to me.
anyway, hair scalp should not involved in venous/artetious blood flow. Microcirculation works into a complexity different pathway so, brining blood to muscle should not reduce blood supply to hair follicles.
What is your opinion?

Edited by duchaine
  • Like 1