Recommended for Crown restoratoin

Hi everyone.  Im 42 years old and have been thinning in my crown area for over 15 years.  It has stabilized for the most part. I am doing some research but it seems there are not as many crown before/after photos from the physicians results pages...

Based on what I have seen I have narrowed it down to Dr. Wesley, Dr. Wong, and Dr. Arocha.  

Who would you recommend for the crown area?    Thank you in advance for you help

Edited by golf54
accidental post

I felt the same way you did about not seeing a lot of before/after pictures of the crown so I've started a timeline of my own journey for others to follow (see below). 

You've picked some good names but I would also to say make sure you're doing a consult with each doctor to understand their methods and what they would feel would be in your best interest to do as far as FUT/FUE, number of grafts etc

• Administrators

I think Dr. Wong is a master at crown restorations.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you!  I've had consults with 2 out of 3 so far.   

Does anybody here have experience with Dr. Brett Bolton?  He has some great before and afters for the crown and it seems like he's using a slightly different procedure to yield more coverage.  

Bolton bundles (large multi-follicular units consisting of 6-12 hairs) compressed into slit grafts.  For the LAZY surgeon who won't use microscopes to properly dissect ALL follicular units into their natural groupings.

Way too expensive & won't even consider FUE.  He likes those easy 5 hour surgeries. 

On his pricing page - it's all based on FINANCING your procedure. 

Guy's a chump.  But I'm sure he's pulling in a respectable 300K+ per year in Lauderdale.

Edited by jjsrader

4 hours ago, jjsrader said:

Bolton bundles (large multi-follicular units consisting of 6-12 hairs) compressed into slit grafts.  For the LAZY surgeon who won't use microscopes to properly dissect ALL follicular units into their natural groupings.

Way too expensive & won't even consider FUE.  He likes those easy 5 hour surgeries. 

On his pricing page - it's all based on FINANCING your procedure. 

Guy's a chump.  But I'm sure he's pulling in a respectable 300K+ per year in Lauderdale.

wow...thanks for the heads up.

@golf54 check out my crown restoration with Dr. Kaan Pekiner. I think he drew a perfect vertex and managed to increase the density of this HT using beard grafts because my scalp donor was limited to just 2000 grafts. Only time will tell if this will be a good result because I am just 18 days post-op.