Shock loss

Your donor area around the scar already looks a little thin but I don't think it would look bad afterwards considering how small an amount of grafts you would need to fill in the scar. Did he say why he thought you were a bad candidate?

Thank you, I did not realise there was an issue harvesting FUE from a stretched donor area. Joe Tillman on youtube had a small FUE procedure recently and I believe he has said at some point that his skin is too tight for any more FUT's so maybe you could reach out to him or see if anybody with more knowledge replies here

• Moderators
18 hours ago, tempenet said:

Dr. Koray Erdogan does not think it is a good idea to be operated in the scar in this condition. When the skin is stretched (due to 3 FUT surgeries) the scars/dots from the extractions may evolve into cicatricial alopecia and appear larger than usual which would create depleted look in the donor area.

Thank you, again, for your interest.

Anyone know if it's true? 

This may be true if the last transplant was done less than a year ago, but after that I can't see how it can be an issue. How is your beard area? If you are able to grow a decent beard then you can try taking a few hundred FUE grafts from under your chin and placing them into the scar.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators

Dr. Feller in New York used to do small afternoon FUE procedures of up to a few hundred grafts in what he called lunch time FUE. Dr. Feller doesn't practice much (if at all) anymore, but you may try contacting Dr Bloxham there from Feller and Bloxham and ask if they still do small FUE procedures. I think Dr Lindsey also does some small FUE scar repairs, so you may try contacting him as well. I see you're in California, but unfortunately both I just mentioned are on the east coast. I don't specifically know who does small FUEs on the west coast.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.