Dr. Diep FUE 1523 grafts - 35 year old Black Male

• Administrators

Wow that looks incredible, blends in perfectly. I could see how that area could’ve been a source of insecurity. Are you taking anything for the crown like fin or minoxidil?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Wow that looks incredible, blends in perfectly. I could see how that area could’ve been a source of insecurity. Are you taking anything for the crown like fin or minoxidil?

I take fin 3x a week. Haven’t noticed anything good or bad. I don’t want to take Min because any gains require for you to be on it forever. It also irritates my scalp. 

I’ll just keep a low cut  

• Like 1

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, Norman Osborne Waves said:

I take fin 3x a week. Haven’t noticed anything good or bad. I don’t want to take Min because any gains require for you to be on it forever. It also irritates my scalp. 

I’ll just keep a low cut  

Sounds like a good plan, it’s not noticeable when you blend it, a big benefit of having thick curly hair. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 1 month later...

Happy New Year brother, looks like you just hit the 1 year mark, congrats! 🎉

Would love to get your final thoughts on the procedure and curious if you noticed any changes the past couple months? Are you planning on re-connecting with Diep for your 1 year post-op?

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, krillin said:

Would love to get your final thoughts on the procedure and curious if you noticed any changes the past couple months? Are you planning on re-connecting with Diep for your 1 year post-op?

Second that would love to see this incredible wrapped up with a bow 🎀 on top

View my thread

• 1 month later...

On 1/6/2021 at 6:59 PM, krillin said:

Hey thanks for the reminder.   I'd add more pics but honestly it looks exactly the same as my last update so I'm assuming I've reached the pinnacle of my growth.

I've have a follow up with Diep next month.  It's weird that there's a two month delay even for a virtual follow-up appointment.  

OVerall, I'm pretty satisfied with the procedure.  I don't notice how bad things were until I look at old photos or my driver's license.  I do wish I could have had more grafts taken out because my donor looks perfect and 500 or more so grafts to fill out the yellow area in this picture would have done wonders.

On 11/24/2020 at 4:31 PM, Norman Osborne Waves said:

1D9DD3D1-DFCB-4F18-8911-22512F845F02.thumb.jpeg.a23105c3fa7844dcd2ac0d0f38b07681.jpeg

So yeah I'll have to keep my hair low but it looks good.  I think I'm a great candidate for a second transplant.  I might consider Turkey this time since it's cheap, I have the donor supply, I don't need much done, and they have good results.

The downside is that I have a second child on the way and there's no optimal timeline to travel and get it done considering all the issues with covid.  I'm still taking Fin, even though I'm not sure it's doing anything.  But I haven't had any sides so that's good.  I might try again in 4-5 years.  Hopefully prices drop and its even easier to get done.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

• Like 2

• Administrators

@Norman Osborne Waves 

Thanks for the update it looks great. Amazing for such a conservative graft number. I’d stay away from Turkey tbh. It’s cheap, but doesn’t mean it’s good. Bisanga has a clinic in Cyprus for a reasonable amount, and he’s very skilled with afro hair as well. 

The difference makes you look so much more youthful 

4884E235-1456-4ABD-BB94-49A9FE7609A1.jpeg

• Like 1

View my thread

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Norman Osborne Waves said:

I do wish I could have had more grafts taken out because my donor looks perfect and 500 or more so grafts to fill out the yellow area in this picture would have done wonders.

Nah. It looks good. It's probably better to hold onto those potential additional 500 grafts for use later if you lose more hair. African American type of hair usually has less overall potential grafts to use than other hair types, so it's better to keep the graft count down if you can.

12 minutes ago, Norman Osborne Waves said:

So yeah I'll have to keep my hair low but it looks good.  I think I'm a great candidate for a second transplant.  I might consider Turkey this time since it's cheap, I have the donor supply, I don't need much done, and they have good results.

The downside is that I have a second child on the way and there's no optimal timeline to travel and get it done considering all the issues with covid.  I'm still taking Fin, even though I'm not sure it's doing anything.  But I haven't had any sides so that's good.  I might try again in 4-5 years.  Hopefully prices drop and its even easier to get done.

I wouldn't do anything for a while. Enjoy your hair (and your money) for a few years until you need more in other areas. It turned out well. Hair transplants are very rarely perfect, so don't try to get to that level.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2021 at 12:46 PM, Norman Osborne Waves said:

I've have a follow up with Diep next month.  It's weird that there's a two month delay even for a virtual follow-up appointment.  

I wanted to touch on something really quick.  Even though I'm happy with my results, I'm disappointed Diep's office hasn't improved their customer service.  My original transplant was in January 2020, my 1 year follow up should've been in January of this year. 

I settled for a mid-March date, mostly because it was virtual and I wasn't really expecting much.  I live on the east coast and the time for the appoint was set for 9 pm EST (6 pm pacific)  I waited for them to call me for the meeting but it didn't happen.  15 minutes go by and I call the office.  They tell me he's running behind on surgery and he'll call in another 15 minutes.  I wait 20 more minutes and call again.  They say sorry and he'll call me at in an hour.  I tell them that that's nearly 11 pm my time and I've already been putting things on hold for this video call.  They say sorry again.  

At this point I have a hunch they're not going to call so I just go about my night.  They never call and my follow-up doesn't happen.  I email them the next day complaining and they say sorry and schedule me for an appoint a MONTH away.  

I just don't get why this is so hard for them.  Just schedule people correctly and manage it.  It's just a video call, I'm not sure why they wouldn't just make the time to call me the next day or even later that week.  I would've been PISSED if I flew all the way out to Los Gatos and had to wait in the lobby for two hours.

Oh well.  Again, I'm happy with the results but its saddens me that they still have issues with customer service.