2400 grafts at Feller & Bloxham

Tb12

Just want to start this off with saying it has only been a couple days since my procedure but I’m extremely pleased. I was among the more unlucky ones that started to lose their hair in the late teenage years. I am about 22 years old and my hair was holding me back in everyday life, as odd as that sounds. Having to always wear a hat, gets old as I’m sure everyone o. here already knows. I’ve been doing research on different clinics for about 2 years, many telling me I needed 4k FUE grafts or FUE was simply the best option, crazy in my opinion. I finally came across Dr Bloxham and I couldn’t be more thrilled. His response time and approach to help my personal situation really made me feel like he cared. We both agreed FUT was the way to go and quickly setup an appointment as I was eager to get this done ASAP. To back track a little I started taking finasteride for about a year so far and have noticed a huge improvement in hair quality and has seemed to almost stopped my hairs recession. Back on topic now, January 8th 2020 was my appointment date, I arrived extra early, welcomed by a very cheerful Dr Bloxham. Long story short we agreed on everything and got started on the procedure. Throughout the day Dr Bloxham and his team were nothing but amazing, if your worried about pain, don’t be, just be prepared to sit around all day. Dr bloxham constantly made sure I was okay, and answered the million questions I had which I really appreciated. After a long day they prepped me on how to take care of myself, and I was on my way back home. All and all I’m so glad I chose Feller & Bloxham Medical, I would recommend anybody. I will attach some before an after pictures and I will do my best to update every couple months to show progress. I apologize for the book, and if there was anything I didn’t explain or was unclear feel free to ask me! I’m still very new here so bare with me. I know it’s still very early but I hope to continue to share my result with you guy! 

D10B8FB1-78FD-4718-8A18-99443F7982E0.jpeg

CDFCE6C1-ADB8-4EC1-9932-286FA80A034A.png

E18C682F-C3AF-45DD-AEAD-294A298CD49D.jpeg

• Like 1

HairlossPA, thank you, and usually not that long, kinda just let it do whatever knowing I was going to have a procedure done, kinda an extreme comb over to help cover things lol 

Looks good tb, I’m having mine in a couple of weeks with him as well. Very excited to get my hair back lol.

scar looks very good as well 

goodluck and keep everyone updated when you can.

6 minutes ago, Tbcruz said:

Looks good tb, I’m having mine in a couple of weeks with him as well. Very excited to get my hair back lol.

scar looks very good as well 

goodluck and keep everyone updated when you can.

Awesome! Same to you, If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask. 

Looks great! Dr. Bloxham is an amazing surgeon and an even better person. Please keep us posted on the results. Best of luck

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

57 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

Looks great! Dr. Bloxham is an amazing surgeon and an even better person. Please keep us posted on the results. Best of luck

Your right! As I will, thanks! 

It looks like we have the same type of hair and hair loss to be honest lol and almost the same username 

2 hours ago, Tbcruz said:

It looks like we have the same type of hair and hair loss to be honest lol and almost the same username 

Haha oh true and I’ve always been curious if anyone out there has the same type of hair and hair loss as me! 

5 hours ago, home1212 said:

hairline design looks amazing, should be a great result! best wishes on your healing and eventual growth

Thank you! I’ll post some update pictures when I go back to have the staples removed! 

• 2 weeks later...

Just had the staples removed, it’s been exactly 2 weeks since my procedure, just want to clarify I actually got 2600 grafts not 2400. Kinda hard to see the scar in my hair but I’m anxious to see how it heals up over the next couple months. I’ve noticed some of the hairs are starting to shed, not a lot, but some, guess it’s just a waiting game now, hoping for a good result. 

D1D7D682-726B-4135-927E-3062E37F5C9D.jpeg

406DE64C-B21F-48DF-AE60-25ECF31B3415.jpeg

Looks good Tb, 

im going in for mine in 10 days super nervous about getting it done (fut) . 

hows the scar any pain removing the staples? 

how many days you took off work?

im trying to grow out my hair so it covers the scar while it’s healing but the front is what’s going to be hard to explain lol how has it been for you ? 

On 1/24/2020 at 5:24 PM, Tbcruz said:

Looks good Tb, 

im going in for mine in 10 days super nervous about getting it done (fut) . 

hows the scar any pain removing the staples? 

how many days you took off work?

im trying to grow out my hair so it covers the scar while it’s healing but the front is what’s going to be hard to explain lol how has it been for you ? 

Hey man, the morning of the procedure your gonna be like what the heck am I doing, Atleast I was asking myself that anyway but trust me it’s totally worth it! The pain is really not bad, if you take the pain meds it will make a world of a difference! The staples coming out feel like someone is pulling hairs out, it’s really not bad, it’s such a relief when they come out. My head is still somewhat sore but it gets a little better each day. And I took off 3 weeks I go back this coming week, I’m literally just going to wear a hat everywhere, it looks like I just shaved the front of my head and the hairs have actually started falling out. If you have any other questions I’d be happy to stay in touch with you, it’s nice to talk to someone who is going through the same thing haha 

On 1/25/2020 at 6:24 PM, Tb12 said:

Hey man, the morning of the procedure your gonna be like what the heck am I doing, Atleast I was asking myself that anyway but trust me it’s totally worth it! The pain is really not bad, if you take the pain meds it will make a world of a difference! The staples coming out feel like someone is pulling hairs out, it’s really not bad, it’s such a relief when they come out. My head is still somewhat sore but it gets a little better each day. And I took off 3 weeks I go back this coming week, I’m literally just going to wear a hat everywhere, it looks like I just shaved the front of my head and the hairs have actually started falling out. If you have any other questions I’d be happy to stay in touch with you, it’s nice to talk to someone who is going through the same thing haha 

Thanks for the response! 
how was sleeping with the staples? 
Yea I’m taking 3 weeks as well and i can wear a hat at work so I’ll be good (thank god).

yea sounds good this will be my second procedure. I’ll post pics and a review once I get it done so we can follow each other’s progress.

happy growing!! 

18 hours ago, Tbcruz said:

Thanks for the response! 
how was sleeping with the staples? 
Yea I’m taking 3 weeks as well and i can wear a hat at work so I’ll be good (thank god).

yea sounds good this will be my second procedure. I’ll post pics and a review once I get it done so we can follow each other’s progress.

happy growing!! 

Great, I’m definitely curious to see how your experience is, and to be brutally honest sleeping with the stoles kinda sucks, just because when you put pressure on them it was pretty sore, for me anyway, but once then came out it was a lot better, I still have some pain which I think is normal and will go away but definitely invest in one of those travel pillows that goes around your neck to help you sleep!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tb12 said:

Great, I’m definitely curious to see how your experience is, and to be brutally honest sleeping with the stoles kinda sucks, just because when you put pressure on them it was pretty sore, for me anyway, but once then came out it was a lot better, I still have some pain which I think is normal and will go away but definitely invest in one of those travel pillows that goes around your neck to help you sleep!

Yea, as it gets closer I get more anxious and more excited for it lol. I know I made a great choice in Dr. Bloxham But I’m not looking forward to the hat phase again and hiding out and trying to wear a hat to all family functions or making excuses why I can’t go to them lol.

Last night I bought one of those pillows ✔️.

3 hours ago, Tbcruz said:

Yea, as it gets closer I get more anxious and more excited for it lol. I know I made a great choice in Dr. Bloxham But I’m not looking forward to the hat phase again and hiding out and trying to wear a hat to all family functions or making excuses why I can’t go to them lol.

Last night I bought one of those pillows ✔️.

Honestly it’s so relieving hearing someone else describe the same exact problems I’ve been dealing with lol, i absolutely cannot wait until I don’t have to wear a hat anymore! Hoping I get good results so that’s possible haha but yess definitely, where are you traveling from? 

11 hours ago, Tb12 said:

Honestly it’s so relieving hearing someone else describe the same exact problems I’ve been dealing with lol, i absolutely cannot wait until I don’t have to wear a hat anymore! Hoping I get good results so that’s possible haha but yess definitely, where are you traveling from? 

Yea this forum is pretty good I’m not going to lie I’ve been reading people’s stories and researching doctors for a long time maybe since 2015. I learned so much about hair transplants and I know that we made a good decision on the doctor. 

hang in there the good times are right around the corner lol I’m just jealous your going to reach them before me haha the important thing is we get there tho. 

With my last procedure I was wearing caboki right until the ugly duckling phase (hair falls out) and it helped hide the redness which was great but once the hair fell out I had to wear a hat until something started to grow and I could use caboki again.

im traveling from Jersey it’s about 45min hbu? 

9 hours ago, Tbcruz said:

Yea this forum is pretty good I’m not going to lie I’ve been reading people’s stories and researching doctors for a long time maybe since 2015. I learned so much about hair transplants and I know that we made a good decision on the doctor. 

hang in there the good times are right around the corner lol I’m just jealous your going to reach them before me haha the important thing is we get there tho. 

With my last procedure I was wearing caboki right until the ugly duckling phase (hair falls out) and it helped hide the redness which was great but once the hair fell out I had to wear a hat until something started to grow and I could use caboki again.

im traveling from Jersey it’s about 45min hbu? 

Hahaha yeah man one day we should both be much more satisfied!! And I think your right, and ah good idea, I’m only 21 and I’ve always worn a hat so I can get away with it a little easier just because people are so use to me always having one on. And oh very nice! Watch out for traffic It is crazy in NY in the morning! And good ol Amish country, Lancaster pa, almost 4 hours away 

On 1/10/2020 at 6:19 PM, Tb12 said:

Just want to start this off with saying it has only been a couple days since my procedure but I’m extremely pleased. I was among the more unlucky ones that started to lose their hair in the late teenage years. I am about 22 years old and my hair was holding me back in everyday life, as odd as that sounds. Having to always wear a hat, gets old as I’m sure everyone o. here already knows. I’ve been doing research on different clinics for about 2 years, many telling me I needed 4k FUE grafts or FUE was simply the best option, crazy in my opinion. I finally came across Dr Bloxham and I couldn’t be more thrilled. His response time and approach to help my personal situation really made me feel like he cared. We both agreed FUT was the way to go and quickly setup an appointment as I was eager to get this done ASAP. To back track a little I started taking finasteride for about a year so far and have noticed a huge improvement in hair quality and has seemed to almost stopped my hairs recession. Back on topic now, January 8th 2020 was my appointment date, I arrived extra early, welcomed by a very cheerful Dr Bloxham. Long story short we agreed on everything and got started on the procedure. Throughout the day Dr Bloxham and his team were nothing but amazing, if your worried about pain, don’t be, just be prepared to sit around all day. Dr bloxham constantly made sure I was okay, and answered the million questions I had which I really appreciated. After a long day they prepped me on how to take care of myself, and I was on my way back home. All and all I’m so glad I chose Feller & Bloxham Medical, I would recommend anybody. I will attach some before an after pictures and I will do my best to update every couple months to show progress. I apologize for the book, and if there was anything I didn’t explain or was unclear feel free to ask me! I’m still very new here so bare with me. I know it’s still very early but I hope to continue to share my result with you guy! 

D10B8FB1-78FD-4718-8A18-99443F7982E0.jpeg

CDFCE6C1-ADB8-4EC1-9932-286FA80A034A.png

E18C682F-C3AF-45DD-AEAD-294A298CD49D.jpeg

TB12,

Looking good. Hope all goes amazing.

One thing, I´m curious why you discarded FUE? And if as you say, many doctors suggested FUE, why did you think it was a crazy idea to go for FUE?

Also, it looks you have a good donor, could you share a photo previous to FUT?

Best!!!

2 hours ago, OliverAtom said:

TB12,

Looking good. Hope all goes amazing.

One thing, I´m curious why you discarded FUE? And if as you say, many doctors suggested FUE, why did you think it was a crazy idea to go for FUE?

Also, it looks you have a good donor, could you share a photo previous to FUT?

Best!!!

Sure I’ll work on that tonight! And from the research I did, I’m only in my early 20s so I’m not quite sure how far my hair loss is going to continue. FUT allows you to take the strip out of the back on one pass, which leaves plenty in the bank if I would need it in the future, meaning there’s still plenty of hair back there to take another strip and maybe even do some FUE if I would need it! I’m hoping it dosent come to that. With FUE the grafts are going to be taken from al over the back and sides, which really things out the whole area, compared to taking a “strip” with FUT. I’m no expert on hair loss by any means, Dr Bloxham also agreed with me and had some very helpful insight and information. If you have any more questions or need me to Clarify on anything just let me know! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

have you noticed it’s difficult to keep the recipient site clean, having your hair behind it long? how are you currently styling it? will you eventually shave it all to one even length?

Nope it wasn’t hard to keep clean, I just kept it pulled back for the first 10-12 days, now that it’s in the shedding phase, my scalp has healed a good bit an lost most of the redness. So it’s not bad to keep clean. And I don’t plan to shave tomorrow t since it falls out anyway, I’m just going to keep my hair long until the new hair starts to make a difference in a couple months!

What’s up Tb! Just got my procedure done today. I posted some pictures up on my thread !