Jump to content

Caucasian M41, NW3/2500 Grafts Eugenix, India


Recommended Posts

On 8/20/2020 at 1:18 PM, Fluffhead said:

Praying these gaps fill in, Nelson. They're unsightly and frustrating, and I've gone back to wearing a hat. Has nothing to do with 40 hairs/sqcm. Will wait patiently, though, for that 1 year mark to fully assess. Was hoping to avoid a second sitting, but I'll do whatever it takes to get the outcome I desire ☺️.

Okay.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The middle part of the hairline is filling in now. Trust the process! 😊 Thanks for stopping by, Nelson. 

You’re now officially a former hair loss sufferer Fluff...with even more improvement to come ...thanks for all your solid contributions to the forum ..Enjoy the new look    Z

Sorry I'm a little late on posting my monthly update, but the pictures were taken on Sunday at exactly 7 months. Oddly enough, I feel like my result has regressed over the past month. There are a few

Posted Images

On 8/20/2020 at 8:48 AM, Fluffhead said:

Praying these gaps fill in, Nelson. They're unsightly and frustrating, and I've gone back to wearing a hat. Has nothing to do with 40 hairs/sqcm. Will wait patiently, though, for that 1 year mark to fully assess. Was hoping to avoid a second sitting, but I'll do whatever it takes to get the outcome I desire ☺️.

Dont worry mate. I am back on hats too. Be hopeful and you never know. By month 12 , you may see the results you want. In the worst case scenario a touch up in the future is always there. You still seem to have a lot of grafts available. 

Stay strong 👍👍

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

Great presentations, if you were unhappy, you’d only post the negative angles. That’s how easily a community can be swayed. Shows that hair transplants aren’t perfect, but styled correctly, they can get to be 99% like yours. Great job man you’re an asset to the community 👏🏼

  • Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, hair is so interesting. Has anybody else been following this thread from the beginning and is flabbergasted at the latest update? I just don't understand how we went from month 6 to month 7. Where on earth did those little gaps come from? How does that even happen when hair is maturing, thickening and growing longer? I genuinely don't get it. People above are talking about lighting and stuff, but I mean, it clearly looks like there are spaces where there weren't any previously. Maybe I'm going crazy.

That said Fluffhead your hair is absolutely stunning and I'd kill for it haha. But putting myself in your shoes I could understand feeling frustrated given the recent changes. Keep posting, the community is here for you.

For the record I'm 100% pro-Eugenix. I think it's great that HRN exists so we can all inform and support each other as a community, and I don't doubt for a second they care deeply about all their patients. I'm more just marveling at the physiology of hair in general.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Yesterday was 8 months on the dot, so you guys are owed an update! Have definitely seen some darkening and maturing in the last 30 days. The gaps in the hairline have become less noticeable, so I'm feeling much better about my overall appearance. My left side is weaker than my right side. Not sure if fewer grafts were placed there, if the grafts didn't take, or if I've seen some hair loss behind the hairline. Probably all three are possible :). I'm adjusting to it, however, so the obsessive side of my personality is paying less and less attention to it over time. 

I'm providing several sets of pictures here. Sorry if it's overkill, but it may help someone in the future. 

1. Straight out of the shower untouched. 

2. Out of the shower slicked back.

3. Towel dried almost immediately post shower

5. Towel dried combed. 

6. Dried and styled under different kinds of light. (No fibers, but some clay added)

One thing I can say is that there are lots of immature hairs in my hairline and right behind the hairline at the moment. That's why it has a wispy, kinky look in some pictures. I'm assuming these hairs will darken, thicken and straighten out over the next 4 months. If that happens, I feel the result will end up look pretty damn good. Feeling much more positive than last month. Got to give these things time! 

If you have any questions, please let me know. 

-FluffIMG_5637.thumb.jpg.29c166a48ad895951fac64c689d7b0c7.jpg

IMG_5638.jpg

IMG_5639.jpg

IMG_5642.jpg

IMG_5643.jpg

IMG_5644.jpg

IMG_5645.jpg

IMG_5646.jpg

IMG_5647.jpg

IMG_5648.jpg

IMG_5650.jpg

IMG_5651.jpg

IMG_5652.jpg

IMG_5653.jpg

IMG_5678.jpg

IMG_5679.jpg

IMG_5683.jpg

IMG_5685.jpg

IMG_5686.jpg

IMG_5687.jpg

IMG_5688.jpg

IMG_5690.jpg

IMG_5694.jpg

IMG_5695.jpg

IMG_5693.jpg

IMG_5702.jpg

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2020 at 10:57 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Great presentations, if you were unhappy, you’d only post the negative angles. That’s how easily a community can be swayed. Shows that hair transplants aren’t perfect, but styled correctly, they can get to be 99% like yours. Great job man you’re an asset to the community 👏🏼

I am definitely not unhappy! 😄 I know what a critical decision this is for so many. My primary objective is to provide clear pictures and analysis of my hair at each of the monthly milestones. I fully understand that second sitting is required in many cases, and I'm prepared to take that step if necessary. Continuous improvement is what I'm after. Thanks for your support, Melvin. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing so many different "states" of the hair. I feel like patient posts have been a bit better about doing this lately and it helps people considering surgery have realistic expectations.

As a bit of a perfectionist myself I see where you might have concerns but I think you're in a much better headspace than your last update and that you will likely see some of that alleviated with hair maturation as you said.

Looking at your photos I actually suspect that the lack of maturity in some of the hairs is probably causing them to be a little less cooperative when you're styling, which probably feeds into your frustrations with certain spots looking weaker at times.

Having said all of this, I still think this is shaping up to be a great result, and even if you do end up wanting a second pass you'll be able to look good in the meantime. I promise nobody is doing a double-take looking at that hairline and that's exactly where you want to be.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Thanks for sharing so many different "states" of the hair. I feel like patient posts have been a bit better about doing this lately and it helps people considering surgery have realistic expectations.

As a bit of a perfectionist myself I see where you might have concerns but I think you're in a much better headspace than your last update and that you will likely see some of that alleviated with hair maturation as you said.

Looking at your photos I actually suspect that the lack of maturity in some of the hairs is probably causing them to be a little less cooperative when you're styling, which probably feeds into your frustrations with certain spots looking weaker at times.

Having said all of this, I still think this is shaping up to be a great result, and even if you do end up wanting a second pass you'll be able to look good in the meantime. I promise nobody is doing a double-take looking at that hairline and that's exactly where you want to be.

Your wisdom is always appreciated, @Mycroft. I'm optimistic that things will continue to improve. My hair can definitely be a bit uncooperative at times. There's distinct kinkiness in the hairline. It's been around a month since my last haircut, so it's time to get it trimmed which always helps the look. 

I know that I shouldn't expect much growth from this point, so judging by the state of my hair at the moment, I'll almost definitely be looking at a second sitting. Will have to decide if Eugenix is the right clinic for the next round. Will make that decision at the year mark. Appreciate your continued support. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely an improvement over last month! A lot of upside with the baby hairs along the hairline, especially in the front center. Once they mature and thicken, I would not worry about needing another procedure. 

Looking forward to Month 9!!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Fluffhead,

I have a few comments for you and some questions;

First off, definitely your results are great. From personal experience I would humbly suggest to you that you try not to nit pick (i know it's not easy) if you see a slight gap or some minor asymmetrical areas. Keep in mind that naturally hairlines are not perfectly symmetrical and people after age 20 do experience some hairloss. Try to enjoy your results as much as possible and move on. I think the last thing you should think about now is another touchup. You may need some work done down the road but definitely not now. Always remember that the objective of a HT is to improve on a problem and not to achieve perfection. If you strive for the latter you may end up with a bigger problem than you started with.

 I am curious to know the following;

 - In my case I feel like the characteristics of the transplanted hairs are a bit wirey/frizzy. Basically if you pay close attention the transplanted hairs dont have same characteristics as natural hairs on my hairline. From your pics I cant see any of that at all. However we know that pics are not the same as seeing a result first hand. Have you noticed something similar from your results? Can anyone comment on this experience?

- I would like to know how noticeable or not would you say you result is. Based on how you feel, would you say it is noticeable to a barber? How about if you were swimming?

Thanks

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kid said:

Dear Fluffhead,

I have a few comments for you and some questions;

First off, definitely your results are great. From personal experience I would humbly suggest to you that you try not to nit pick (i know it's not easy) if you see a slight gap or some minor asymmetrical areas. Keep in mind that naturally hairlines are not perfectly symmetrical and people after age 20 do experience some hairloss. Try to enjoy your results as much as possible and move on. I think the last thing you should think about now is another touchup. You may need some work done down the road but definitely not now. Always remember that the objective of a HT is to improve on a problem and not to achieve perfection. If you strive for the latter you may end up with a bigger problem than you started with.

 I am curious to know the following;

 - In my case I feel like the characteristics of the transplanted hairs are a bit wirey/frizzy. Basically if you pay close attention the transplanted hairs dont have same characteristics as natural hairs on my hairline. From your pics I cant see any of that at all. However we know that pics are not the same as seeing a result first hand. Have you noticed something similar from your results? Can anyone comment on this experience?

- I would like to know how noticeable or not would you say you result is. Based on how you feel, would you say it is noticeable to a barber? How about if you were swimming?

Thanks

 

Since getting my transplant, I’ve been to 2 different barbers. Neither have noticed that I had a transplant. I still haven’t gone back to my stylist of 10+ years. I’m waiting for the final result first. Her feedback is what I’ll use to benchmark the result. She’s brutally honest 😊.

As far as how it looks coming out of the pool, I would refer to the pictures above with wet hair. Would look similar to that. I have not, however, been to the pool since my surgery. 

The hair in the frontal 1/3 has a different texture. This is especially noticeable in the first 6 rows. I don’t think it’s unusual. The hair itself is getting stronger, thicker and more natural each month. You can see a picture from yesterday above. 

I’m not chasing perfection. I am chasing imperceptibly. I don’t want people to look at my hairline like something is off. I fully understand that a transplant is the illusion of density and not native density.

I didn’t get to enjoy my hair when I was in my late teens, 20s and 30’s. Instead I lived under hats and layers of embarrassment and poor self esteem. For the next 10 or so years of middle age I’d like to have the best head of hair I can get. That’s why I even mention a second sitting. I want to go after it now before the mid scalp and crown begin to bald even more. Maybe it’s foolish and  pathological, but it’s what I would like to experience for once in my life - a head of hair that I can style and have fun with. The other day my father sent me my football portrait from the summer before my senior year in high school. At 17, you can see that I was already going bald. For guys like me, this is something that was denied us when we were young, so a good hair transplant turns back the clock a little. It’s a messy bag of emotions. An empathetic surgeon understands this. They know how important it is. I feel Eugenix excels in this area. They really do care about their patients.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

-Fluff  

 

2D321C66-E3C6-461B-96CB-AA7C42ED4D6F.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

That´s looking great man. You are right that if pay pay close attention at details your left side is weaker than your right side but... you see that, many wont even notice it!!!

And at this stage, wow, the evolution is amazing. Just look at the BEFORE pictures and compare... what a change! 

Will be waiting for updates! Thanks for sharing realistic pictures which is so important for all of us the community. 

Best!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...