Caucasian M41, NW3/2500 Grafts Eugenix, India

Fluffhead

On 7/17/2020 at 4:46 AM, giegnosiganoe said:

What the heck? That looks amazing! What factors do you think led you to such a good result?

Thank you! I've been on Finasteride for 20 years. I can't help but think that's a contributing factor, especially in my donor area. 

On 7/17/2020 at 1:49 AM, BjornBorg said:

Great choice to take the grafts a bit up. You can wear a nice looking fade and the back of your head looks untouched!

Fantastic result upcoming.

I told Dr. Arika to choose my hairline. After the initial consult, I felt 100% confident that she'd take the most ethical and conservative approach possible. I was naive and pushing for a mega 3500+ graft session, but she said that was totally unnecessary. I hate to think what might've happened if I'd gone to Turkey. I feel good knowing that I have enough grafts left to bulk up my hairline and mid scalp area when I'm ready. Thanks for your continued support @BjornBorg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2020 at 8:39 PM, Fluffhead said:

It's been exactly 180 days (6 months) since my procedure. Got a fresh haircut this morning, and I'm super pleased with how things have turned out thus far. If this was my final result, I would be satisfied. There are a few areas that haven't reached maximum density and could be stronger, but I remain optimistic that these areas will fill in by month 9.

Have included some outdoor shots in direct sunlight also. 

My care regimen remains the same. Honestly, I can't tell if the minoxidil is helping all that much because I still feel like I'm losing hair on my crown. Given my family history, the best I can hope for is mitigation. Perhaps I'll return to Eugenix at the 1 year mark for a quick hairline touchup and 500-700 grafts in the crown area. I definitely have a wee bit of hair greed now. 😁

Will continue to update every month. Hope you're all doing well!

-Fluff

IMG_4359.jpg

IMG_4360.jpg

IMG_4362.jpg

IMG_4365.jpg

IMG_4366.jpg

IMG_4367.jpg

IMG_4369.jpg

IMG_4372.jpg

That is a phenomenal result, one of the best on the forum I would think. That is just amazing.😍😍

If you could just maintain this hair, you should be all set.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I'm a little late on posting my monthly update, but the pictures were taken on Sunday at exactly 7 months. Oddly enough, I feel like my result has regressed over the past month. There are a few places on my hairline, particularly on the left side and in the middle, that are suddenly looking quite sparse. Not sure if I've lost transplanted hair, or if this is an illusion due to my hair being longer. Haven't noticed any abnormal shedding events, and I'm a model patient (taking fin, dut and shampooing with Nizoral). Have taken a bunch of photos in all sorts of conditions - wet hair, partially dried, fully dried and blown back, natural light, indoor light and bathroom light. While it feels good to get compliments saying that my result is a home run, I want to fully portray the result as it is at this point in time. Getting a HT is a very important decision, and I want anyone out there who is trying to achieve the best result a fair and accurate depiction of what Eugenix can do. This forum is for patients. Many of us have suffered from hair loss our entire adult lives. How we depict our results helps others make informed decisions. I don't want to obfuscate weaknesses in my procedure. I will note, however, that I have definitely seen an overall cosmetic improvement, but I can't help but feel a tinge of disappointment that things haven't progressed more than this in the 7th month, especially considering how positive things were looking in months 5 & 6. Luckily my donor looks fantastic, and I'm sure a second pass will get me where I want to be. There's still plenty of time left, but I'm beginning to have some concerns. I reached out to the clinic on Sunday, but Dr. Arika hasn't responded yet. Will update this post with her feedback if I get any. Please let me know if you have any questions!

-Fluff

IMG_5101.jpg

IMG_5105.jpg

IMG_5104.jpg

IMG_5103.jpg

IMG_5106.jpg

IMG_5107.jpg

IMG_5110.jpg

IMG_5111.jpg

IMG_5112.jpg

IMG_5115.jpg

IMG_5116.jpg

IMG_5117.jpg

IMG_5114.jpg

IMG_5122.jpg

IMG_5126.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PizzaWolf said:

I think just about anyone, particularly with lighter hair, could find a spot in their hairline that looks a bit see-through. Lighting and angle can make a huge difference as well.

Undoubtedly. Lighting makes a huge difference, especially for those with lighter and thinner caliber hair. I will most likely go for a second pass anyway to achieve the density I desire. 

I think it probably is an issue of length. Longer hair tends to emphasize any demarcation you might have in density and if I compare your pre-op photos to the spots you've highlighted these areas do seem  to represent the areas where the native hair was all but gone. 

Just a couple of things based on photos:

1. The recent photos vs. the older "good" photos are comparing your hair in less favorable conditions vs. your hair in more of a "best case" kind of scenario.

2. For anybody with spots that are thinner there's a length sweet spot (transplant or no).

3. You do actually have maturation of the hair that is still pending. The individual hairs are still settling into normal texture, and that does impact the way they "fall" as well as their diameter and so on. Eugenix itself will tell you that true results when all is said and done are probably at 18 months, so you are still going to see more subtle changes between now and then whether good or bad in your eyes.

I know that probably seems like a ways out but as you said your donor is great and if you want a pinch more density later that's probably no issue. In the meantime I don't think you have to worry about anybody but yourself noticing this stuff. Even in your least appealing photos the hair is looking pretty good.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I think it probably is an issue of length. Longer hair tends to emphasize any demarcation you might have in density and if I compare your pre-op photos to the spots you've highlighted these areas do seem  to represent the areas where the native hair was all but gone. 

Just a couple of things based on photos:

1. The recent photos vs. the older "good" photos are comparing your hair in less favorable conditions vs. your hair in more of a "best case" kind of scenario.

2. For anybody with spots that are thinner there's a length sweet spot (transplant or no).

3. You do actually have maturation of the hair that is still pending. The individual hairs are still settling into normal texture, and that does impact the way they "fall" as well as their diameter and so on. Eugenix itself will tell you that true results when all is said and done are probably at 18 months, so you are still going to see more subtle changes between now and then whether good or bad in your eyes.

I know that probably seems like a ways out but as you said your donor is great and if you want a pinch more density later that's probably no issue. In the meantime I don't think you have to worry about anybody but yourself noticing this stuff. Even in your least appealing photos the hair is looking pretty good.

This is great feedback! Thank you! Yeah, when you have 1000 "hair" selfies on your phone it's easy to find good hair days also. I hesitated to put those shots from from months 5&6 up for comparison because the lighting wasn't an exactly comparison. The more photos the better though. 

Hey mate. Thanks for posting the update and clear pictures.

Although, there is a slight difference from your 5 month update but I think its the lighting and good/bad hair days difference :)

I still think that your growth is really good and it suits you. Surely this will get better considering you are a fast grower.

I am following your progress and look forward to your next few months . I have no doubt that it will get better. 

Stay positive :)

Cheers

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Looking for HT said:

Hey mate. Thanks for posting the update and clear pictures.

Although, there is a slight difference from your 5 month update but I think its the lighting and good/bad hair days difference :)

I still think that your growth is really good and it suits you. Surely this will get better considering you are a fast grower.

I am following your progress and look forward to your next few months . I have no doubt that it will get better. 

Stay positive :)

Cheers

Thanks, man. Really appreciate it. Hoping for the best! 

• Like 1

Hello Fluffhead, 

There is a sweet spot with hair length when it comes to transplants. I have personally found longer hair doesn't always add up to the density, it is the length you had at 5 -6 month mark that has worked best for me.

At the end of the day hair transplant is a illusion and greater number of grafts with proper angles of implantation is what makes it a near perfect illusion. 

Lets wait for at least a year for the complete results. But we must remember that we cannot achieve the same density as we mighthave had before balding. It will be natural and have an illusion of density. But at the end of the day, it is just 40 hair per sqcm.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

Hey @Fluffhead — I'm curious your experience being on Finnasteride and Dutasteride (Avodart) together. It looks like you started Avodart after your ht — was that recommended by your dr? Was there any explanation on why you should take both? It seems like Fin is unnecessary if you're on Duasteride. I'm wondering because I've been on Fin for about 5 years myself and just had a ht. Although it seems like Fin has done a good job keeping my hair loss at bay, I'm curious if Duasteride could do an even better job. But I'm not sure it's worth the risks...  

On 8/11/2020 at 7:24 AM, Fluffhead said:

While it feels good to get compliments saying that my result is a home run, I want to fully portray the result as it is at this point in time. Getting a HT is a very important decision, and I want anyone out there who is trying to achieve the best result a fair and accurate depiction of what Eugenix can do. This forum is for patients. Many of us have suffered from hair loss our entire adult lives. How we depict our results helps others make informed decisions. I don't want to obfuscate weaknesses in my procedure.

This.

On 8/17/2020 at 7:55 PM, yalla8 said:

Hey @Fluffhead — I'm curious your experience being on Finnasteride and Dutasteride (Avodart) together. It looks like you started Avodart after your ht — was that recommended by your dr? Was there any explanation on why you should take both? It seems like Fin is unnecessary if you're on Duasteride. I'm wondering because I've been on Fin for about 5 years myself and just had a ht. Although it seems like Fin has done a good job keeping my hair loss at bay, I'm curious if Duasteride could do an even better job. But I'm not sure it's worth the risks...  

This is my second time on dut. The first time, I took it 3x per week in combination with my Finasteride, and I experienced pretty serious sides - weight gain, lethargy and brain fog - and I didn't notice a whole lot of regrowth. This time I'm taking it only 1x per week, but I am not under a doctor's supervision. The reason I've tried this time is to maximize my HT result. I wanted to do everything in my power to ensure the absolute best outcome. I've never really used minoxidil either, but I started using it on my crown area 1 month after the transplant. Can't really say it's done much, but it's all about the effort. If I do nothing, the condition of my hair is guaranteed to worsen. Not sure if dut 1x per week is doing much, but I haven't experienced a shedding event yet this year. Usually around June/July, I shed, so perhaps it is prolonging the hair cycle?

YMMV.

-Fluff

On 8/12/2020 at 2:07 PM, LonelyGraft said:

@Fluffhead how often are you using Nizoral and which strength? Spex has stated in the past that overusing nizoral could cause shedding 

I'm on the OTC 1% non-prescription Nizoral. I use it 2x per week. I've always had pretty bad dandruff, and I've found it helps. Doubt it's causing shedding. 

On 8/13/2020 at 7:12 AM, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

Lets wait for at least a year for the complete results. But we must remember that we cannot achieve the same density as we mighthave had before balding. It will be natural and have an illusion of density. But at the end of the day, it is just 40 hair per sqcm.

Praying these gaps fill in, Nelson. They're unsightly and frustrating, and I've gone back to wearing a hat. Has nothing to do with 40 hairs/sqcm. Will wait patiently, though, for that 1 year mark to fully assess. Was hoping to avoid a second sitting, but I'll do whatever it takes to get the outcome I desire ☺️.

On 8/12/2020 at 10:15 AM, InterventionalPDoc said:

Hello Fluffhead, 

There is a sweet spot with hair length when it comes to transplants. I have personally found longer hair doesn't always add up to the density, it is the length you had at 5 -6 month mark that has worked best for me.

At the end of the day hair transplant is a illusion and greater number of grafts with proper angles of implantation is what makes it a near perfect illusion. 

I recently got a haircut back to the length it was around the 5-6 month mark and agree wholeheartedly with you. Shorter hair looks a ton better and strengthens the illusion. 

On 8/20/2020 at 1:18 PM, Fluffhead said:

Praying these gaps fill in, Nelson. They're unsightly and frustrating, and I've gone back to wearing a hat. Has nothing to do with 40 hairs/sqcm. Will wait patiently, though, for that 1 year mark to fully assess. Was hoping to avoid a second sitting, but I'll do whatever it takes to get the outcome I desire ☺️.

Okay.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ