Treatment

Whufcdanny95

• Administrators

Finasteride 1 mg daily, minoxidil 1 ml daily, microneedling 4x per week. You can check out @CosmoKramer thread and also @Shifty

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Propecia/Finasteride, Rogaine, Laser and PRP are the modalities we typically refer to when discussing this topic. The mechanism of action of each is totally different and thus, there is synergism when used simultaneously. A word of caution......

I find most people rely on the visual result.  So, if you see no change in 6 months - the medication did nothing. WRONG!

The medication is not intended to regrow anything.  (Nothing out there regrows hair). The medication is intended for you to retain what you have.  So, if 6-12 months later you look the same, the medication did what it was supposed to do.  If you do look better, (with more hair), you are then one of a small percentage of patients that experienced enhancement.  If so, continue using it!

The benefit, (enhancement) is typically noticed more in the back of the head, (crown) and retention in the front.  

Lastly, do not confuse shedding with hair loss.  Shedding is normal.  Most believe 100 hairs a day is the norm.  Hair loss is a different type of loss.

Hair loss involved the miniaturization of native hair.  This just means the shaft of the hair keeps getting smaller until eventually disappears and withers away.

On 1/11/2020 at 10:37 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Finasteride 1 mg daily, minoxidil 1 ml daily, microneedling 4x per week. You can check out @CosmoKramer thread and also @Shifty

4 times per week? size? Do you have any study to support it?
the actual directions for DR are based on GAS theory (general adoption syndrome): we stress the "system" so it will grow stronger.
This is why researchers suggest to use DR once every 7-15 days. The scalp need to recover before the next treatment.
Anyway, I do not agree with this method because Growth factors (the ones that we try to stimulate using DR) production can have an additive effect.
So, if you have something to support 4 times per week..I'm with you!

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 2:31 PM, duchaine said:

4 times per week? size? Do you have any study to support it?
the actual directions for DR are based on GAS theory (general adoption syndrome): we stress the "system" so it will grow stronger.
This is why researchers suggest to use DR once every 7-15 days. The scalp need to recover before the next treatment.
Anyway, I do not agree with this method because Growth factors (the ones that we try to stimulate using DR) production can have an additive effect.
So, if you have something to support 4 times per week..I'm with you!

There are people that are doing light microneedling/ derma rolling daily and are getting very good results (posting their progress on another hair loss site/forum)....I’m doing every other day (night time).

1 hour ago, CosmoKramer said:

There are people that are doing light microneedling/ derma rolling daily and are getting very good results (posting their progress on another hair loss site/forum)....I’m doing every other day (night time).

From what I understand, the frequency and the needle size are inversely proportional.
The bigger the needle, the less frequently you can have the treatment and viceversa.
How big is your needle? (I think it sounds like a strange question...at least in Italian it sounds like a strange question!)

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, duchaine said:

From what I understand, the frequency and the needle size are inversely proportional.
The bigger the needle, the less frequently you can have the treatment and viceversa.
How big is your needle? (I think it sounds like a strange question...at least in Italian it sounds like a strange question!)

🤣

I agree....I use 1mm every other day and 2-2.5mm length every 7-9 days.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I just started using 1.5mm so far I’ve done it three times for about 10 minutes. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.