Disappointing Baubac/Armani results - 2,500 grafts (with photos)

Ranger99

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, rockyv7 said:

Again I am not.. plz share if there are any other reviews ? This one looks suspicious to me @Melvin- Moderator 

He provided pictures, you’re the one who seems suspicious. Nothing about this review seems suspicious. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@rockyv7If you have found this thread then check out all the others that mention Baubac and you will see this is not a Dr people are choosing for multiple reasons. This forum has been around 20 years plus, if you cannot see a single decent result than that should speak volumes. Add to that the other concerns raised on other threads and you will see why nobody is choosing him. 
Of course you will look like a shill if you come here and immediately call out a genuine review of a particular Dr. 

• Like 2

Just now, rockyv7 said:

@JohnAC71 thanks for the info man.. agree with you.. I am not here to support someone..

I saw other threads too..but couldn't find any review with proper photos.. so I thought it was biased.. 

Can you recomend some top Doctors? I am thinking for Dr.Arocha ? your help is highly appriciated..

@Melvin- Moderator 

Please start your own thread. Rather than derail this one. You can then give your own details/pics and ask for suggestions for different Drs etc 👌thanks 🙏

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, rockyv7 said:

@JohnAC71 thanks for the info man.. agree with you.. I am not here to support someone..

I saw other threads too..but couldn't find any review with proper photos.. so I thought it was biased.. 

Can you recomend some top Doctors? I am thinking for Dr.Arocha ? your help is highly appriciated..

@Melvin- Moderator 

Dr. Arocha is great. Check out our full list if recommendations here: 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 year later...

I also had a procedure with Dr Baubac at Armani in LA about 12 years ago and have to say I'm also disappointed with my lack of density and their overall absence of follow up care.  I was offered a discount rate, as I came in when someone else had cancelled, but still ended up paying $9k for I think about 2500 grafts (of which I was given only about 2000... the doctor chose to save the other 500 "for the future" and promised I'd get my money's worth.  That was of course word of mouth though and I'm sure it would not be honored, were I ever to return to that clinic... for one thing, it was ages ago, for another, I don't think it made it into my charts -- which I've been trying to get copies of as I look around for where to get a follow up procedure for a while now, without success -- and finally, because I keep seeing mention on forums that Dr Baubac has actually died... so... paid for 500 grafts that I never got, but no recourse.) I don't remember specifically an NDA (my discount was partially based on my posting about my experience on two websites chosen by the doctor - which I happily did, as at the time I had no real issues with the experience and the doctor and staff were very friendly and professional upfront - so an NDA would be counterproductive... maybe that's something they've instituted more recently?)  but I do remember having to copy verbatim by hand about 20 pages of release documents regarding the surgery, the morning of.  I can post pictures if anyone wants them, but my hairline area looks pretty similar in density (or lack thereof) to the OP.  Meantime, I'm looking around for recommendations for the future.

7 minutes ago, maxmoud said:

I also had a procedure with Dr Baubac at Armani in LA about 12 years ago and have to say I'm also disappointed with my lack of density and their overall absence of follow up care.

Can you please clarify, you had a bad procedure 12 years ago and to this very day you are still looking for a follow up/repair procedure? 

Why havent you consulted with other docs or otherwise just moved on with a repair HT elsewhere? 

I have gotten a botched result before and even after a few months post-op I was incredibly eager to get back into the operating room asap to get it repaired, price be d*mned. 

12 years is a very long time to live with a bad result. 

I've only started looking recently, not since the procedure 12 years ago.  To be fair, I wouldn't call anything "botched"... but I am disappointed with the density of the transplanted area, which has happened over time and their patient follow up was really lacking.  But to answer your question on why I haven't consulted anyone to this point, I suppose I have several reasons.  One, my recovery was very long and difficult. Not sure why, but it seemed to take me a lot longer to heal than expected/what I saw regarding other people's, so I wasn't exactly raring to jump back into something like that again.  And for a while afterward, the results seemed fairly decent.  But over the years, taking into account non-transplanted hair, the area seems way thinner than it should be.   I've also been dealing with long-term health issues over the years, which I'd convinced myself could have some effect on my particular hair woes and was hoping that as I dealt with these, I might have more return naturally and/or make any future transplantation more viable.  Lastly, I haven't been in a place financially to even consider it until recently and I didn't realize there was such a vast medical tourism industry surrounding hair transplants either.  Believe me, I would much rather have spent the last dozen years with less scalp visible too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maxmoud said:

I've only started looking recently, not since the procedure 12 years ago.  To be fair, I wouldn't call anything "botched"... but I am disappointed with the density of the transplanted area, which has happened over time and their patient follow up was really lacking.  But to answer your question on why I haven't consulted anyone to this point, I suppose I have several reasons.  One, my recovery was very long and difficult. Not sure why, but it seemed to take me a lot longer to heal than expected/what I saw regarding other people's, so I wasn't exactly raring to jump back into something like that again.  And for a while afterward, the results seemed fairly decent.  But over the years, taking into account non-transplanted hair, the area seems way thinner than it should be.   I've also been dealing with long-term health issues over the years, which I'd convinced myself could have some effect on my particular hair woes and was hoping that as I dealt with these, I might have more return naturally and/or make any future transplantation more viable.  Lastly, I haven't been in a place financially to even consider it until recently and I didn't realize there was such a vast medical tourism industry surrounding hair transplants either.  Believe me, I would much rather have spent the last dozen years with less scalp visible too.

Have you been using medication those 12 years? It is just weird to complain after so long period 💀

11 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

Have you been using medication those 12 years? It is just weird to complain after so long period 💀

I used Rogaine for years, but it didn't seem to do much for me so I stopped.  Tried a product called Adegen for about a year too.