FUT Donor Shock Loss - 6 Months Later

I've come to accept that after my 3rd FUT procedure my donor area shock loss is permanent. From all the reading I've done if it hasn't come back by now it's gone forever. It's unfortunate but I made this decision. I just need to look ahead at what I can do to ameliorate this. One avenue I am exploring is BHT - more specifically from beard to donor area. Luckily I have pretty a dense beard that it may work to cover it and maybe with some SMP it might just help me conceal it. Can anyone recommend a great doctor in the US who is well experienced in this area? I don't know if scar revision will work since I already had a tight closure to begin with.

Hello Ergo. Sorry to hear of your shock loss.

If your plan in the US dosent work out and you have to look outside,  I could recommend Dr.Sethi and Dr Bansal @Eugenix Hair Science who are experts in repair cases, and beard extractions and implantation. 

I had my surgery with them, and used beard grafts also.

......Paddy....

• Moderators

Is it shock loss or is it donor area depletion from FUE. There's an obvious difference. If it's shock loss then I think you should wait a least a few more months before doing anything to see if it improves further. It's basically on the same growth cycle as the transplanted hair, so at 6 months you may still have some improvement coming.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

1 hour ago, Ergo said:

I've come to accept that after my 3rd FUT procedure my donor area shock loss is permanent. From all the reading I've done if it hasn't come back by now it's gone forever. It's unfortunate but I made this decision. I just need to look ahead at what I can do to ameliorate this. One avenue I am exploring is BHT - more specifically from beard to donor area. Luckily I have pretty a dense beard that it may work to cover it and maybe with some SMP it might just help me conceal it. Can anyone recommend a great doctor in the US who is well experienced in this area? I don't know if scar revision will work since I already had a tight closure to begin with.

Hi Ergo, sorry to hear about your shock loss.

If you would like, you can share some photos and have the members evaluate your best option?

Also, have you spoken with the surgeon regarding the loss?

All the best.

• Administrators

Do you mind posting pictures 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

If the pics could be when the shock loss first occurred at its worst level and then some current photos.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I'll get some pictures here shortly. It's hard without having someone else take the pictures in the area.

I'm trying to see if I can get some opinions on whether or not Exosomes to the area might help. It's a shot in the dark but from some of the early stuff on Exosomes maybe this can help my case?