Recommendations for best surgeons in Turkey

Macca1972

Hi everyone, this is my first post on here. I'm 47 and looking for recommendations for the best and most trusted FUE surgeons/clinics in Turkey.

I had a hair transplant in The Philippines (Manila) around four years ago and while the results have been good, I'm now keen to have a second procedure to add density.

Turkey is my preferred destination this time around on the grounds of cost, reputation and practicalities .

I'm sure lots of forum members will have done extensive research on clinics in Turkey so I'm just looking to get a bit of a head start. 😁

20160901_095559.jpg

20160824_154430.jpg

20200109_201031.jpg

• Administrators

Why go to Turkey? To be honest, there are only a handful of doctors doing good work there. Try not to search doctors by cheap prices, instead go by results. You may want to look at Dr. Path, and Dr. Laorwong both in Thailand. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Macca1972 not only done extensive research but also visited one 😀

Would recommend you to have a look at Dr. Ozgur/HLC and Dr. Keser. Both based in Ankara and showing great and consistent results for years. 

All the best

Carjoca

• Thanks 1

I had an FUE with Dr Yaman two months ago and am happy with how things are progressing thus far. I can't comment on the results but I found the clinic to be extremely professional, more so than the first clinic I went to for my first procedure. I consulted with most of the turkish doctors talked about on here so if there is anything specific you like to know feel free to ask. At the end of the day I would not limit myself to one country but instead choose a doctor that you are confident with. 

• Thanks 1

99% of Turkish doctors seem to do the same generic, too low, coarse, multi hair unit hairline like it's some badge of honor for people to walk around with a noticeable HT.  But if that floats your boat then go for it!!

Path and Laorwong certainly have much higher levels of artistry and a price point within easier reach than the US and Western Europe.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Great reply @1978matt as I think @Macca1972 was exactly looking for those 1% and that is the reason he is asking here for help. Could not read out of his post that he is interested in the 99% bad quality surgeons you refer to...

Anyhow @Macca1972 if you are interested in some forum results from HLC or Keser send me a PM and I can look up some in another forum where they are well represented and I can share some links.

All the best

Carjoca

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

I would be weary of any results posted on forums that censor patients, as it is not a true indicator of how the results actually look. Here you see the good, bad, and the ugly, and this is why some surgeons do not have as many results here. We cannot be compromised. @Macca1972 you’ve been given great advice by Matt, take your time and look for reviews from real patients. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

@Macca1972 I researched Turkey extensively before booking my surgery with Dr. Kaan Pekiner.

I asked for many quotes to Doctors and clinics where the doctor does the whole surgery: HLC Ankara (2.7€/graft), Keser (3.5€/graft) and Pekiner (2.15€/graft€). 

Keser seemed to be more focused on small surgeries and perfectly designed hairlines using very few grafts to achieve mind blowing results but he was out of my budget.

HLC Ankara is the best clinic in Turkey they have a steady flow of great results with FUE and BHT but you don’t know which Doctors is doing the surgery and they have several doctors. Also, their top Doctor, Akin, seems to be MIA since August and Dr. Ozgur is not doing surgeries.

Dr. Kaan also has a lot of great results (most of them on the Italian forum just like HLC). He gained his experience from working with Keser and HLC (mostly HLC) and charged me less, so no brainer, I went with him. 

If I was on a very tight budget I might have went with Dr. Demirsoy (1.25€/graft) or Dr. Arika at Eugenix (this month prices went up from 1.3€/graft to 1.8€/graft with tax) but both these Doctors have a different approach (not the Doctor doing the whole surgery nor do they perform DHI or stick&place). However, what matters is the results the Doctor can achieve and these two are getting good results. 

That being said, Dr. Arika and Dr. Sethi at Eugenix are regarded as the world’s best for FUE mega sessions so anyone with a bald NW6 or more should really consider them as the top choice. Check @paddyirishman results thread about his great experience with Eugenix. 

@1978matt and @Melvin-Moderator do you know the prices Laorwong and Path are charging per graft? 

Even though the Italian forum seems to censor I would still advise @Macca1972 to to do his research here and on the other Spanish, Italian and Turkish forums. 

Feel free to PM me if you want more information. 

Cheers!

Edited by Portugal25
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

I don’t know the specific pricing, but it’s comparable. There’s too much emphasis on cost for my liking. You can submit free online consultations.

The reason why I think its a good idea to research here, is because it’s not cherry picked. You see the good, bad and the ugly. So you see how the surgeons react when they don’t do a great job. Remember no surgery is ever guaranteed. Be careful and learn from patients first!

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp

• Thanks 1

View my thread

@RonBurgundy there are at least two threads here about HLC Ankara but the Italian forum has 32 results threads for HLC and 52 for Pekiner. 

Edited by Portugal25
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 1/10/2020 at 4:11 AM, Macca1972 said:

Hi everyone, this is my first post on here. I'm 47 and looking for recommendations for the best and most trusted FUE surgeons/clinics in Turkey.

I had a hair transplant in The Philippines (Manila) around four years ago and while the results have been good, I'm now keen to have a second procedure to add density.

Turkey is my preferred destination this time around on the grounds of cost, reputation and practicalities .

I'm sure lots of forum members will have done extensive research on clinics in Turkey so I'm just looking to get a bit of a head start. 😁

20160901_095559.jpg

20160824_154430.jpg

20200109_201031.jpg

On 1/10/2020 at 4:11 AM, Macca1972 said:

20160901_095559.jpg

20160824_154430.jpg

20200109_201031.jpg

Who was the doctor that did your transplant in manila? I'm also looking for a doctor since I'm based here in the Philippines. A reply would greatly help.