9 months post fue transplant

How many grafts did you have done? In terms of growth, majority of what was going to grow has probably grown but may still have a little to go. Generally though, at 9 months onward's the focus will be on the transplanted hair maturing and thickening over the next few months. The curly hairs you refer to should mature over time and become more like the native hair.

• Administrators

It's a decent result and your face has definitely changed and improved. The hair will improve a bit, but don't expect major changes. Make sure you don't have unrealistic expectations, if you decide to get a touch-up.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

It's a decent result and your face has definitely changed and improved. The hair will improve a bit, but don't expect major changes. Make sure you don't have unrealistic expectations, if you decide to get a touch-up.

Do you think it could thicken in them thin areas by month 12? What treatment would you recommend also? 

• Administrators
Just now, Whufcdanny95 said:

Do you think it could thicken in them thin areas by month 12? What treatment would you recommend also? 

The hairs that are already there may thicken, but I would be surprised if more hair grows in that area. Do I think you will look a little better by 12 months? Yes, but the change will be very subtle and not drastic. I think you should look at the big picture. The goal of any procedure is to improve your overall aesthetic appearance and to have more hair, which you have achieved. I would recommend hair fibers. That would solve any problem that you have with lower density problem areas.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

4 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

The hairs that are already there may thicken, but I would be surprised if more hair grows in that area. Do I think you will look a little better by 12 months? Yes, but the change will be very subtle and not drastic. I think you should look at the big picture. The goal of any procedure is to improve your overall aesthetic appearance and to have more hair, which you have achieved. I would recommend hair fibers. That would solve any problem that you have with lower density problem areas.

Would you reccomend minoxodil along with finasteride? I might get a shorter trim so it's not as noticeable 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Whufcdanny95 said:

Would you reccomend minoxodil along with finasteride? I might get a shorter trim so it's not as noticeable 

Yes, I would definitely recommend minoxidil, I take it and it works really well. 

View my thread

minox will really help thicken each hair shaft, and improve overall perceived density at the hairline

I use it and without it it will look thinner as HT cannot implant hair to native density, maybe half that at best

Also to help hair growth/thickness besides biotin  MSM is a good addition, I take 4 gram a day split in two doses

Edited by elduterino

Like the others have said, don't expect noticeable difference after 9 months.  Could get some thickening of the hair but your appearance will be about the same.  Great improvements over 9 months though.  I'm sure your pleased with your pre-and post- looks.  Regarding minoxidil, I'm sure it may be helpful but you have to commit to the medicine and that expense as well.  I had 5,125 grafts transplanted in 2012 and 2,000 more later and have never taken any medicine related to my hair.  Seven years later my wife (who is a hair dresser) can see no noticeable hair loss or change of appearance.  Everyone is different....I realize.  Best of luck to you.  Always good and diverse advice on this website.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

37 minutes ago, JohnCasper said:

Like the others have said, don't expect noticeable difference after 9 months.  Could get some thickening of the hair but your appearance will be about the same.  Great improvements over 9 months though.  I'm sure your pleased with your pre-and post- looks.  Regarding minoxidil, I'm sure it may be helpful but you have to commit to the medicine and that expense as well.  I had 5,125 grafts transplanted in 2012 and 2,000 more later and have never taken any medicine related to my hair.  Seven years later my wife (who is a hair dresser) can see no noticeable hair loss or change of appearance.  Everyone is different....I realize.  Best of luck to you.  Always good and diverse advice on this website.

I worry about minoxodil because of hair shedding though? I'm taking 1mg fin and 12,000 ug biotin at the moment 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hard to tell from one angle but it looks pretty good to me at this point.  Post a few more angles if you can. 

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• Moderators

From your latest pictures it looks really good right now and you don't need anything more done. You need to remind yourself what you looked like before the HT and enjoy all the hair you have there now.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I think it looks great!  I wouldn't want to spend the extra cash on another transplant at this point.

1 hour ago, JohnCasper said:

I think it looks great!  I wouldn't want to spend the extra cash on another transplant at this point.

Thankyou. I want to add a topically anti androgen to my regimen, but looking for a cheap and easy to obtain one. Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

I have never applied any topical or taken any oral supplement for hair growth.  I just didn't want to take any other medications the rest of my life.  I had my transplant about 9 years ago and my wife who's a hairdresser says she sees no difference in the transplanted areas since my surgery.  I know a lot of doctors recommend these drugs but I had no interest in taking anything and it has worked beautifully....for me.  Good luck.