Stopping drinking before hair transplant

Start slowing down.  Or better, avoid it all together.  This will thin out your blood and will make the surgery day a lot longer.  It will not be fun for the staff as the grafts will pop.  Drink water - which you should be doing anyway. 

4 minutes ago, paddyirishman said:

I would take it very easy on the alcohol. Perhaps drink non alcohol beer.

After your HT don't touch it for a least a month, as alcohol and healing your doner wont help.

I am not drinking currently, i wanted to know if i drink 1 day at my ofc offsite 5 days before surgery that should not be an issue ryt? I intend to avoid for a month post transplant.

51 minutes ago, LaserCap said:

Start slowing down.  Or better, avoid it all together.  This will thin out your blood and will make the surgery day a lot longer.  It will not be fun for the staff as the grafts will pop.  Drink water - which you should be doing anyway. 

Sure, thanks

@Loadrunner what is your clinic recommending you? 

Mine was having the pre-surgery instruction to not drink alcohol the day before the surgery. I would think if you have a drink and do not get totally drunken 5 days before the surgery it should be fine...

All the best 

Carjoca

15 minutes ago, Carjoca said:

@Loadrunner what is your clinic recommending you? 

Mine was having the pre-surgery instruction to not drink alcohol the day before the surgery. I would think if you have a drink and do not get totally drunken 5 days before the surgery it should be fine...

All the best 

Carjoca

Clinic is recommending to stop 7 days before surgery

I would suggest abstaining from alcohol at least 1 week prior to the surgery (it acts as a blood thinner) and for 1 month after the surgery. Alcohol disrupts proper wound healing. For reference, see this publications:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3117956/

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider.