Leelee

Is this CVG?

Posted (edited)

Hi I'm a 20 year old woman. And I just shaved my head because I was dealing with some hair growth issues, I've always noticed the wrinkles in my head but I was never aware of them being weird until my mother brought it up, so I started looking it up and found out about CVG but apparently it's rare or maybe it depends on the severity of it but I'm not sure if I have it or not. I feel somewhat insecure about it to be honest and regret cutting my hair so low.

Edited by Leelee

Sadly I don't know enough about it, but a respected forum member @Spanker has mentioned in the past they have CVG so he might be able to help you.

If you are feeling self conscious about it there are concealers you could use; Dermatch is really good for lessening the colour contrast between hair and scalp, while things like toppik or caboki are hair fibres which might be worth trying once your hair grows out a bit.

I don't know what hair growth issues you had that made you want to cut your hair so short in the first place, but if there's no real problem there than simply letting your hair grow for the next month or two should allow the CVG issues to resolve itself as far as it being visible.