Is it normal to have 2 hair grafts and 3 hair grafts in the front of the hairline?

I did a repair ht back in feb in Istanbul and we removed some grafts from both sides because the hairline was too sraight and that helped a little bit. Also transplanted 1100 grafts.  Did electrolysis on the hairs since they continue to grow after you punch them out and it was red first few days and had me worried but within a week skin is nice and smooth! Hopefully that helps some strugglers out there

but yea back to main question. Isnt it nicer with 1 hairs in the front? Is it normal to have 2 hair grafts and 3 hair geafts in the front? This last one the doc placed some here and there /:  dnt rly look gd 

In a natural hairline there are typically no multis in the first rows.

Therefore the gold standard of HT is to place only Singles in the front and to select very small hairs for the very first row. Of course this requires more skill and a better team/equipment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Single hairs are used with very slight irregularities  for the front on the hairline to give a natural and undetectable HT

This is then followed behind by 2s and 3s hair grafts.

I wish you a successful result.

.....Paddy....

Edited by paddyirishman
Correct spelling
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

The answer to your question is yes, one hair follicular units are better and appear more natural. Do you have pictures?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, MyGraftsRuinedByAClinic said:

It has been about five months since I got the hair transplant for my hairline and there are some grafts that contain 2 hairs in my transition zone(the front). So does this mean that my doctor is not experienced at all? I trusted him......

Not really sometimes mistakes happen as long as the result is good that's what matters, those grafts btw can be removed anytime, it's not the end of the world really if you have a couple doubles in your hairline.

4 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

Not really sometimes mistakes happen as long as the result is good that's what matters, those grafts btw can be removed anytime, it's not the end of the world really if you have a couple doubles in your hairline.

That's just a waste of grafts because those two hairs grafts can not be transplanted back and the thing is, will the two hairs grafts look natural?

8 minutes ago, MyGraftsRuinedByAClinic said:

That's just a waste of grafts because those two hairs grafts can not be transplanted back and the thing is, will the two hairs grafts look natural?

If you have a lot of them in your hairline they can be removed and transplanted back again, I had it done before however if you have 1 or 2 nobody will ever notice, grow your hair and they will blend in nicely with the others.

12 hours ago, Abi28 said:

If you have a lot of them in your hairline they can be removed and transplanted back again, I had it done before however if you have 1 or 2 nobody will ever notice, grow your hair and they will blend in nicely with the others.

Thank you for sharing the experience. I think your doctor and mine are inexperienced and we are definitely not the luckiest patients in the world :(