The very worst Shock Loss

On 3/16/2020 at 12:31 PM, Guano said:

Yeah I was going to suggest cutting it short but if you're not a fan I guess you'll just have to bite the bullet and wait it out. In saying that, it still doesn't look noticeable in its current state.

Everything seems to be on-track, my natives are also coming back slowly. They are very faint in thickness and colour but they are visible under bright light. I'm hoping it'll improve in the coming weeks, sorta getting over wearing toppik lol.

I caved! Cut it short - Was becoming unmanageable having a patch of really short hair and the rest 2 inches long.

(Plus with everything that’s going on I realised no better time to cut your own hair and buzz it if all went wrong.)

See attached an image in full daylight - barely noticeable now. I’d call this full(ish) recovery. This is  16 weeks after op and 13.5 after shock loss kicked in, so to anyone reading this - ignore the overzealous admin chap and trust your surgeon before exploring unnecessary and expensive treatments.

Anyway, hope you guys are safe and healthy. 

79222AEF-C42B-4489-B777-93B423446254.png

• Like 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Sybutwhy? said:

ignore the overzealous admin chap

Are you talking about Melvin? All he did was give his opinion that it looked like it could be alopecia areata and you should check with a dermatologist. Nothing overzealous that I read and you were asking for advice. Anyway, I'm glad to see it's all growing back in.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

3 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

Are you talking about Melvin? All he did was give his opinion that it looked like it could be alopecia areata and you should check with a dermatologist. Nothing overzealous that I read and you were asking for advice. Anyway, I'm glad to see it's all growing back in.

Thanks mate! 

Yeah I was - doubled-down on his opinion, which is fair, ignored replies, which is fair... 

But.

As an admin, there’s added gravity to posts which I’d suggest demands caution. Or at least a bit of politeness :)

On 3/26/2020 at 11:47 AM, Sybutwhy? said:

I caved! Cut it short - Was becoming unmanageable having a patch of really short hair and the rest 2 inches long.

(Plus with everything that’s going on I realised no better time to cut your own hair and buzz it if all went wrong.)

See attached an image in full daylight - barely noticeable now. I’d call this full(ish) recovery. This is  16 weeks after op and 13.5 after shock loss kicked in, so to anyone reading this - ignore the overzealous admin chap and trust your surgeon before exploring unnecessary and expensive treatments.

Anyway, hope you guys are safe and healthy. 

79222AEF-C42B-4489-B777-93B423446254.png

Bro looks fine. I literally cant even tell. Congrats!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Guano said:

Bro looks fine. I literally cant even tell. Congrats!

Thanks mate!!! yeah massive relief, finally my hair is better now than pre op.
Been following yours since we had ops at a similar time, Fingers crossed both of us will be very hairy in a couple of months!!

2 hours ago, duchaine said:

I posted this research showing cases very similar to yours.

melvin gave a different opinionz

all of us were here to support you, so stop blaming melvin.

Yes. Your contribution was actually massively helpful at a traumatic time. Of all the responses it showed me I’m not alone, this can happen, just stick with the process, trust the experts.

I will, again, thank you profusely. 

Hopefully my experience  is more available than than the example above as it took you to bring this to my attention (after hundreds of hours googling!!)

But - stand by my points above. The guidance on here should be considered, polite and educated.

Not really fussed if I get kicked-off, just want this here for the next person who suffers shock loss as extreme as mine. 

• 1 month later...

Are you happy with the shockloss recovery? And how did the front turn out?