the most ethical person I've ever met in my life

duchaine

5 hours ago, Abi28 said:

You did the right thing, it's never a bad idea to consult with multiple doctors and get different opinions, from personal experience I think dr Pekiner is looking out for you but I also think that he is being too careful after one of his patient had a bad result as you know he posted on this forum and other forums and a video on youtube so I think the dr now doesnt wana take any risks that can hurt his reputation perhaps, could he have gone forward with the surgery maybe yes and the results would have been maybe below average so the patient is not happy and the dr is not happy and that doesnt benefit anyone, plus this happens often and is not something out of the ordinary, in person consultation might show problems with donor that cannot be seen in pictures..

The first doc that answered via mail (I won't name his name because he didn't allow me) said that short grafts are not a good reason to stop surgery and, in any case, the doc can see short grafts using a tricoscope before surgery.
Anyway, he said that I need to wait 3-5 months before having HT, because the donor area needs to recover and because it is hard to design the hairline with shaved head.

@duchaine I thought you had an appointment tomorrow morning? did the doctor at HLC evaluate your donor and say you can have a hair transplant when your donor recovers? What's the verdict here? was the initial diagnose wrong, I feel like dr kaan is being too careful now after that 1 guy had a bad result and went on every forum and youtube posting about it, is that the case? not sure..

12 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

@duchaine I thought you had an appointment tomorrow morning? did the doctor at HLC evaluate your donor and say you can have a hair transplant when your donor recovers? What's the verdict here? was the initial diagnose wrong, I feel like dr kaan is being too careful now after that 1 guy had a bad result and went on every forum and youtube posting about it, is that the case? not sure..

I've an appointment tomorrow at HLC (rectius: in 4 hours. it is 5 AM and I can't fall asleep!)
In the meantime, I talked with another famous doc via email, telling my story and sending my pics. He answered very carefully to my requests.
About Dr Kaan: he is very careful and it is his choice. But he should be more clear when someone book with him. And he should spent more time for diagnosis before sharing heads and starting with extractions. I asked to meet him one or two days before but he refused, so I met him one hour before operation. As I said, we spent one hour to design hairline. But now I can say he should have spent more time to analyze my scalp.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duchaine said:

I've an appointment tomorrow at HLC (rectius: in 4 hours. it is 5 AM and I can't fall asleep!)
In the meantime, I talked with another famous doc via email, telling my story and sending my pics. He answered very carefully to my requests.
About Dr Kaan: he is very careful and it is his choice. But he should be more clear when someone book with him. And he should spent more time for diagnosis before sharing heads and starting with extractions. I asked to meet him one or two days before but he refused, so I met him one hour before operation. As I said, we spent one hour to design hairline. But now I can say he should have spent more time to analyze my scalp.

Keep us updated, I am interested to see what they tell you tomorrow. I understand your frustration, it sucks but it's also it's hard to judge the hair without shaving and extracting, I know a lot of people that were rejected in person or had way less grafts done than estimated because the doctor saw something in donor that cannot be detected in pictures, anyways don't stress, think of it as a vacation, wait for tomorrow and maybe you ll have a better idea of what's happening, keep us updated.