1mg finasteride available at Walmart

Spanker

Hey, so I guess I have been under a rock when it comes to this subject but I missed the point that 1mg generic finasteride became available. 

I got a script and did not notice that was what it was. I have been on 1.25mg fin for 10 years successfully, cutting the 5mg into quarters. 

I am trying to decide whether or not to go back and get a 5mg or to just move to the 1mg and not have to worry about cutting the pills.

Thoughts?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I would suggest sticking with what has been working for you for the past decade. Quartering a pill is worth the minor inconvenience rather than going through a potential backslide in your hair retention.

There is one big elephant in the room on this one.    It's that very small word .        ..generic...

Never put your trust in any medication that is important to you on this basis.

We are lead to believe it's the same, like for like , same amount of active ingredient , and excipents and so on. 

The pharmaceutical company's are experts at disguising ..like for like.

Paddy