Mental help before surgery :)

MrThor

Hi Guys 

I have booked my HT with Dr. Erkan Demirsoy 1.25 euro per graft estimated 3000-3500 grafts which I think is a little to much. My surgery is planned in a month I decided to dive into this and I will keep you posted with pics and details when things get rolling, feel free to give him pros and cons on this thread. 

I am feeling a bit nervous for this but hopefully everything will be fine :)

• Like 2

Is the number of grafts, as paddyirishman indicates or is it the price you are referring to as "too much."  If the number of grafts is what's scaring you, the question then becomes what area(s) are you working?

Consider, early in life most believe you have about 100,000 hairs.  When you've lost half of that - is when you start realizing there is a thinning problem.  On average a graft has 2.2 hairs.  So, 6,000 - 7000 hairs is really not very much. 

It all has to do with your donor availability and the zones you want to address.  The doctor's experience will also play into this.  

Can you post photos? That would help.

Why are you nervous? If you trust the doctor go in there with confidence.  Did you research him? What exactly did you do?  Have you seen photos of his work? How many?

Yes I got lower numbers from others, donor grafts number I don’t have but we will see how it play's. Just don’t want to be excessive on the donor area for future loss, I do not take any medication I have used minoxidil spray not keen on the result.

Personally have found drinking spinach in the morning lower the losses, of course that is different between persons what works, will probably try finasteride after the surgery. 

Hi MrThor,

I take it you are late 30s/early 40s, you appear to have an above average donor. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a hair transplant.

From that pic alone it appears you will need your temples filled, temple points slightly enhanced perhaps and I would presume you have some thinning in your hairline and beyond your hairline, in your mid scalp perhaps that will also be addressed.

If that is the case then 3000-3500 grafts is appropriate.

• Administrators

How much are you trying to lower your hairline?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

what do you mean when you say that you aren't going for much lower than 3-4 mm?
Are you talking ab out the lowest acceptable point? 
Or do you mean you are looking for the same hairline you have now, just lowered than 3-4 mm in each point?

• 5 weeks later...

My Trip 

I have finally finished my ht :)

I flew to Istanbul on the 2 Feb 2020 there greeted me Musaffe as arranged he’s dr.Demirsoy assistant and translator nice guy he showed me his before picture from his HT, from the airport I was taken to a hotel “City Loft 81” also arrange from them with a cost of 250eur with transport included.  

The day after I was picked up from the hotel 08:00 after having breakfast I might add not very fond of, almost around 09:00 we were at the clinic there started the consultation I went with a little conservative of lowering the hairline by 8 m/m that I might regret let’s see when the swelling goes out.

There after hair saved and I received relaxing pill which helped me sleep 6 of 8 hours of surgery :) the Anastasia did not take long but it was uncomfortable, once I was on the bench he mentioned the number of grafts would be lower than he estimated est”3-3500” actual number used 2733 price 1,25 eur per graft.

He did the extradition him self he uses motorized punch that took around 3 hours, after lunch he went ahead and made the incisions him shelf there after the nurses placed the graft the final 3 hours.

Of course before and after they took photos which I will share with you , now comes the hard part waiting for the hairs to grow.

The day after surgery I got a wash and instructions for after care from the clinic only verbal would like to have it printed out, few hours later I got on flight back home feeling it might be a little to soon, could have used a little longer rest.

A little thought back, I might have gone to short on the frontal hairline but that can be added later of course, there was a small bleeding during the first night might be due to the motorized punching hopefully that does not give any scars as I shave the sides from 3-9 m/m don’t want that visible.

Hr Musaffe took me to the pharmacy and helped me out with purchase of finasterid and minodroxil, a lot cheaper we’re I come from, the clinic gave me drops in case of pimples in the scalp and shampoo to use for the next 3 days, normally people use them for 10 days but he advised me to use my own shampoo because I tend to have a red scalp therefore I will use kertyol shampoo.

I’m sure it will turn out great.  I’m 37 and 6mo out from a HT by Dr. Demisoy, couldn’t be more happy with the result at this point and should still expect more growth.  Both your pre op hair line and your donor thickness look identical to mine before I had the procedure.

Ok will take a look at your profile to see if you have some photos, how was your post op care I’m feeling the recipient area a bit hard a bit concerned have seen some post op care doctors recommended salin solution sprayed over the area.

It has been one week since surgery, scraps are off and finally I almost can sleep normally. For the removal of the scraps I washed the hair first and then put lotion for about 3 hours/2times then used cloth from the doc provided in case of bleeding and scraped lightly downwards and it all went off in about hour. I can see on the photos the scalp seems a little more red than in normal light.

So far I am happy with the result but in the long run I will give my pros and cons, if somebody has questions about the doc or anything you're welcome to be in touch.

IMG_0078.jpeg

IMG_0079.jpeg

IMG_0080.jpeg

IMG_0081.jpeg

IMG_0082.jpeg

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Looks good so far.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Looks great for 4 months.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators

Wow looking very good.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.