Results after a year of Finasteride

Hey fellows,

I have been taking Finasteride for a year without any side effects, so I don't intent to stop anytime soon. I might have some improvement, but it's so hard to say that it's not what I am happy for. I am happy that I can take it without side effects and that it is hopefully stoping my hair loss. Now, my question is: is it normal that after a year I still have a lot of miniaturized hair on the front and top of my scalp? Is it a sign of a lack of efficiency?

Thanks

Finasteride won't necessarily stop hair loss completely. In your case, it has probably slowed your hair loss. However, hair loss is multifactorial and DHT isn't the only culprit for hair loss. What dose are you on? What did your physician say?

• Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

If you're still having hair loss on that dose and not having any side effects, you should consider increasing your dose and see if that makes a difference. Sexual side effects occur in about 5% of the men taking finasteride. It takes about 3 months for results to appear. 

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

Thanks.

The miniaturized hair I am seeing could likely be from before I started the meds, but I thought they would regrow to normal after a year of Finasteride, but apparently not necessarily...

13 hours ago, Betterhair said:

There are many lawsuits pending against Merck for side effects which ultimately resulted in suicides.

There is a male suicide epidemic in the western world right now, regardless of the medication they are taking.

A quick google search can reveal surveys of a higher percentages of men who report depression, anxiety, and suicidal feelings due to hair loss.

I don't really think depression and suicide is a side effect of finasteride, rather it is a possible outcome if they take finasteride, and it fails.