Minimizing systemic absorption with topicals

BadHairDay

Hey guys,

I used oral finasteride for approximately seven years and it had great affects during that time on my hair.Unfortunately I slowly started developing side effects and had to discontinue the medication. I switched over to topical 5% liquid Rogaine and have been using that for the past five or six years, but lately have also noticed side effects with this medication (dizziness, rapid heartbeat) . I also tried a brief stint with topical finasteride/Rogaine, but also felt some fatigue and other mild side effects using this medication.

I would love to continue using these medications as they have saved my hair, although I can’t deal with the side effects. Is there a way to decrease systemic absorption of applied topicals?

On 12/31/2019 at 4:15 AM, BadHairDay said:

Hey guys,

I used oral finasteride for approximately seven years and it had great affects during that time on my hair.Unfortunately I slowly started developing side effects and had to discontinue the medication. I switched over to topical 5% liquid Rogaine and have been using that for the past five or six years, but lately have also noticed side effects with this medication (dizziness, rapid heartbeat) . I also tried a brief stint with topical finasteride/Rogaine, but also felt some fatigue and other mild side effects using this medication.

I would love to continue using these medications as they have saved my hair, although I can’t deal with the side effects. Is there a way to decrease systemic absorption of applied topicals?

Look for topicals with lipids(liposomes) in them, as their fatty cell membrane should block these topicals from being absorbed in the bloodstream, and keep them present only in the scalp. Then the stuff u take will not enter ur bloodstream and u wont have minoxidil side effects such as rapid heart beat or finasteride side effects such as effects on ur sex drive.