Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi guys, I am looking for a hair transplant doctor who is well experienced and who can deliver perfect results - priorities.

Note: So far i have shortlisted DR.Thejinder Bhatti from Darling Buds clinic.

Edited by Looking4HTInshallah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No clinic can deliver perfect results, but some are consistently great and ethical. The clinic you mentioned though routinely delivers terrible work (I can easily link you 3 results off the top of my head if you'd like) so I'm admittedly dumbfounded as to why you even have them shortlisted.

Maybe you could  provide more information as to what you are looking for i.e. your level of balding and desired goals, FUT or FUE, finances, geography etc?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @transplantedphil,

Mine is a NW4 I guess, receeded hairline and hair thinning on the crown. I'm located at Singapore, prefer FUE I guess. Willing to pay a reasonable price for good natural results.

I naturally have a big forehead, I'm not sure if I should lower my hairline as lowering too much would lack huge density from what I have seen or should I accept the fact I have a big forhead and focus on thickening the receeded hairline and lower Abit? plus I would want to thicken my crown and back crown. I have a spare donor area(on the sides).

Edited by Looking4HTInshallah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

without pics its hard to give any general advice, but if youre in asia and willing to pay a reasonable price for good results I'd only be looking at Dr Pathomvanich and Dr Laorwong. 

Go through all their patient results, look for similar results, and see if they are what you are after. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, transplantedphil said:

without pics its hard to give any general advice, but if youre in asia and willing to pay a reasonable price for good results I'd only be looking at Dr Pathomvanich and Dr Laorwong. 

Go through all their patient results, look for similar results, and see if they are what you are after. Good luck!

yep, much better choices than the guy mentioned earlier


4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

My results thread from 1st procedure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please have a read of my story, two failed transplants with dr Bhatti. I would advise you to definitely have a think before going to bhatti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even Dr.Rahal has bad results on this forum. 

I always advise choosing a Doctor that does the entire surgery himself and only has 1 patient per day at his clinic (no techs implanting or extracting!).

I ended up with a short list of 3 doctors Dr. Bruno Ferreira (2.5€/graft), Dr. Ximena Villa (2,5€/graft results ) and Dr. Kaan Pekiner (2.15€/graft results)

These are 3 rising stars Doctors out to make a name for themselves.

I chose Dr. Kaan because he had the most experience with beard mega sessions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Dr. Abhinav, you started of by saying “that’s not the right way of choosing doctors” but then inform “according to ISHRS guidelines extractions should be done by doctor.”  
Therefore I don’t understand why you said that my suggestion of choosing a Doctor that does the entire surgery and has a lot of patients posting results to prove his long years of experience is not the right way to chose the Doctor.

Should we be looking for a Doctor with good technicians instead? but how do we The Patients, know which Doctor is currently working with a good tech team?

As a patient I can only directly compare results from Doctors that perform the entire surgery because I know I can get a similar result if I chose these doctors as they don’t rely on techs to achieve their results. 

Doctors that use techs can have good results in one year and bad results the year after simply because they lost a good technician and the new tech is not on the same level. 
We have a saying in my country “Good help is hard to find and even harder to keep”. 

I understand that for a Doctor it’s very demanding to be a part of the whole surgery and a tech team allows a Doctor to have more patients per day thus doubling, tripling or quadrupling their clinic daily turnover. This is the reason why many Doctors start off doing the whole surgery to establish a name for themselves and then switch to tech teams to quadruple their daily  turnover (ex: Dr. Acar at Cosmedica Turkey). 

Edited by Portugal25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 1/4/2020 at 4:26 PM, Portugal25 said:

Dr. Abhinav, you started of by saying “that’s not the right way of choosing doctors” but then inform “according to ISHRS guidelines extractions should be done by doctor.”  
Therefore I don’t understand why you said that my suggestion of choosing a Doctor that does the entire surgery and has a lot of patients posting results to prove his long years of experience is not the right way to chose the Doctor.

Should we be looking for a Doctor with good technicians instead? but how do we The Patients, know which Doctor is currently working with a good tech team?

As a patient I can only directly compare results from Doctors that perform the entire surgery because I know I can get a similar result if I chose these doctors as they don’t rely on techs to achieve their results. 

Doctors that use techs can have good results in one year and bad results the year after simply because they lost a good technician and the new tech is not on the same level. 
We have a saying in my country “Good help is hard to find and even harder to keep”. 

I understand that for a Doctor it’s very demanding to be a part of the whole surgery and a tech team allows a Doctor to have more patients per day thus doubling, tripling or quadrupling their clinic daily turnover. This is the reason why many Doctors start off doing the whole surgery to establish a name for themselves and then switch to tech teams to quadruple their daily  turnover (ex: Dr. Acar at Cosmedica Turkey). 

I have deleted my reply.

 

Edited by Dr Abhinav Kumar
Deleted my reply
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dr Abhinav Kumar said:

That's the hard reality of hair transplant world. Assembly line clinics. The key to good result is a qualified surgeon monitoring & doing only one case per day. A clinic may have multiple doctors so If the most famous doctor is doing the surgery on patient A. He should not be venturing out to patient B , C  , D simultaneously. Rather his assistant but less well known  doctors should handle the other case. Can a kidney transplant surgeon run two OT simultaneously? No , it happens only in hair transplant industry where one doctors puts name on 4 surgeries as the leading surgoen simultaneously becasue he hardly does anything and hypes the step he does as the most critical part of the surgery. Every step of hair transplant is critical if it is done poorly and it can lead to failure whether its loading of grafts , extraction by forceps .That's y good doctors  with focus on one surgery with good and qualified assistants who understand why it critical and dont rush up because they have to go to the next surgery.

Regards

Dr Abhinav Kumar

 

Dr. Kumar,  I want to take a moment to thank you for your input.  It is evident you are truly trying to help.  I do have a couple of questions for you.  How long have you been doing transplants?  Where did you get your education, (hair transplants).  Did you do a fellowship?

I made notice of something you said in another post.  You noted you've done about 200 procedures.  And you note here a qualified doctor should only do 1 case a day. So does that mean you've been doing this for less than a year?

Are assembly line clinics common in India?  I'm assuming you are located there?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 1/4/2020 at 9:22 PM, LaserCap said:

Dr. Kumar,  I want to take a moment to thank you for your 

 

 

I have deleted my reply  😊 

Edited by Dr Abhinav Kumar
Corrections.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I don't have any problem with that but I'm not sure why he hasn't told any of the forum members this.

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2019 at 12:53 AM, transplantedphil said:

No clinic can deliver perfect results, but some are consistently great and ethical. The clinic you mentioned though routinely delivers terrible work (I can easily link you 3 results off the top of my head if you'd like) so I'm admittedly dumbfounded as to why you even have them shortlisted.

Maybe you could  provide more information as to what you are looking for i.e. your level of balding and desired goals, FUT or FUE, finances, geography etc?

"The clinic you mentioned though routinely delivers terrible work"

Transplantedphil, don't you think that that is a very harsh statement? Dr. Bhatti has Patient cases posted on this Forum itself from 2012 on wards.  I do agree with your statement that no clinic can deliver perfect results (I would add "all the time" to that statement). Hundreds of documented HT Patient cases over the last 10 years should be taken into consideration before "judging". Picking on "3 results" (out of thousands of cases) sounds unfair. I am "dumbfounded" that you are "dumbfounded" because this Patient shortlisted Dr. Bhatti for his HT procedure. I respect your opinion but wanted to share my opinion too.

Best regards,

California


 

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 
 
North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I did say “3 results off the top of my head”. Here are a few I can think of from memory (and one might assume a proper search would deliver even more);

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/53183-how-to-undo-a-hair-transplant-asap/

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/55750-dr-tejinder-bhatti-2-bad-hair-transplants/

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/51278-possible-repair-or-fix-after-bad-hairline-ht/

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54387-hair-transplant-surgery-2376-fue-graft-with-darling-buds-tejinder-bhatti/

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/52551-2476-grafts-fue-with-drbhatti-at-darling-buds/https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/53183-how-to-undo-a-hair-transplant-asap/

 

 

Since I’ve been on this network I have noticed that Dr Bhatti delivers utterly mediocre to outright terrible results with more consistency than other clinic here (with the fact that Dr Bhatti apparently does all the extractions and incisions himself meaning we can hold him personally responsible for the quality of the work). 

Looking4HTInshallah originally asked for someone who could “deliver perfect results” and I responded. Dr Bhatti does not even come close to this. So I do not believe I was being "very harsh" in my statement about Dr Bhatti's clinic, (especially in light of the links I provided) and I would never suggest him as a viable option when there are so many better and equally affordable clinics elsewhere. While you might disagree with me, others are free to search through his results and make up their own minds.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, transplantedphil said:

Well I did say “3 results off the top of my head”. Here are a few I can think of from memory (and one might assume a proper search would deliver even more);

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/53183-how-to-undo-a-hair-transplant-asap/

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/55750-dr-tejinder-bhatti-2-bad-hair-transplants/

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/51278-possible-repair-or-fix-after-bad-hairline-ht/

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54387-hair-transplant-surgery-2376-fue-graft-with-darling-buds-tejinder-bhatti/

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/52551-2476-grafts-fue-with-drbhatti-at-darling-buds/https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/53183-how-to-undo-a-hair-transplant-asap/

 

 

Since I’ve been on this network I have noticed that Dr Bhatti delivers utterly mediocre to outright terrible results with more consistency than other clinic here (with the fact that Dr Bhatti apparently does all the extractions and incisions himself meaning we can hold him personally responsible for the quality of the work). 

Looking4HTInshallah originally asked for someone who could “deliver perfect results” and I responded. Dr Bhatti does not even come close to this. So I do not believe I was being "very harsh" in my statement about Dr Bhatti's clinic, (especially in light of the links I provided) and I would never suggest him as a viable option when there are so many better and equally affordable clinics elsewhere. While you might disagree with me, others are free to search through his results and make up their own minds.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Wow!!! Seems that you have made it your "mission" to collect cases of "unhappy" Dr. Bhatti Patients! If you put Bhatti in the "search" field on this side, 181 pages of results show up. Out of those 181 pages (hundreds and hundreds of well documented Patient cases, you found 5 "unhappy patients". Well done! 

Case#1 Copy/pasting below the comments from Bill from the first case that you have referred to:

bulosity,

 To be completely honest, I have no idea what you are talking about. You are about four months into your hair transplant and the very first day you posted you said you weren’t happy with your “results“. You clearly don’t understand that hair transplant results take a year to 18 months to grow in doesn’t make a lot of sense. You’re also now talking about hair transplant removal when your newly transplanted hair probably is only just starting to grow in if yet at all. 

Truthfully, I really don’t know how anybody here can help you if you don’t listen to reason. Now, I don’t know what conversations you had with the doctor but I do agree that he should at least try to address your concerns and answer your questions. However, you do not have any results yet to discuss and there’s nothing he can really do to satisfy your concerns except to tell you to wait, be patient and in another 8 to 10 months or so, you should be very happy with your results.

 So, I strongly suggest that you stop worrying so much, stop talking about failures and results when you should be only just starting to see first signs of new growth from your transplant from a couple months ago. Sit back, be patient, and enjoy some warm weather activities depending on your location and wait it out like everybody else had to. 

Best,

Bill

Case #2: Melvin has forwarded the details for this Patient to Dr. Bhatti a few days ago and we are actively working on getting to the bottom of it. But then, you needed some ammo.......right?

Case #3: This Patient posted on this link in May 2018 and referred to an HT that he got done 4 years prior to that (May 2014). I did not see this Patient mentioning that Dr. Bhatti was his Surgeon (at least not at the link that you have posted above). 

Case #4: This Patient had an HT done in Malaysia prior to coming to Dr. Bhatti. He clearly claimed that his first HT was a failure. He also states in that thread that Dr. Bhatti agreed with him that the results were less than optimal and that he (Dr. Bhatti) would offer him a complimentary follow up procedure. What else was Dr. Bhatti supposed to do here? He is happy to work with the Patient. On the contrary, I had 2 HT procedures done in California and both were failures. The HT Clinic took zero responsibility. I lost my money and my precious grafts.

Case #5: Did you actually see this Patient's pre-op pics? Did you notice the sparse donor and the advanced level of baldness. One of the comments on that thread from Panamera13 sums it up properly....copy/pasting: 

Actually when you first posted your pic, I had the same question - Too much area to cover, not enough donor. It's not the doc's fault to be honest, it's supply and demand.

You had two choices - Either cover the front region with proper density and leave the midscalp and crown OR go over the entire area (which you chose).

If you grow your hair out it should still give you a better look than before. And if you use some hair fibers, it will give an even better look.

Best of luck!!

-------------------------------------------------------

No HT Surgeon in this world has a perfect result every single time. Dr. Bhatti has been doing HT's for 2 decades now. Out of thousands of cases, it should not be hard to pick on a few "not fully satisfied" Patients. I wish you good luck!

Regards,

California

 


 

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 
 
North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if I acknowledge the poor work of the doctor you represent and tell others they should consider other clinics instead I am being “very harsh”, but if I bother to provide links that support my opinion I must be on a “mission” to collect unhappy patients? That’s absurd. If you go through any of my posts you will find I constantly link guys cases that might help them out.

As for your responses to the cases Im left unimpressed (like trying to use Bill as an authority, or dismissing a case because it happened a few years ago, or blaming a bad result on a previous HT, etc) because in doing so you failed to acknowledge these are all consistent examples of Dr Bhatti's poor work, the scale and frequency of which you simply dont see coming out of other clinics.

So I am left only repeating the final statement of my last post - others can search through Dr Bhatti's results for themselves and make up their own minds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, transplantedphil said:

So if I acknowledge the poor work of the doctor you represent and tell others they should consider other clinics instead I am being “very harsh”, but if I bother to provide links that support my opinion I must be on a “mission” to collect unhappy patients? That’s absurd. If you go through any of my posts you will find I constantly link guys cases that might help them out.

As for your responses to the cases Im left unimpressed (like trying to use Bill as an authority, or dismissing a case because it happened a few years ago, or blaming a bad result on a previous HT, etc) because in doing so you failed to acknowledge these are all consistent examples of Dr Bhatti's poor work, the scale and frequency of which you simply dont see coming out of other clinics.

So I am left only repeating the final statement of my last post - others can search through Dr Bhatti's results for themselves and make up their own minds.

"others can search through Dr Bhatti's results for themselves and make up their own minds." I couldn't agree with you more! 

Regarding my comment about your "mission", couldn't help noticing you showing up on the threads that have negative overtones about Dr. Bhatti. Again, picking up 4-5 cases out of thousands.......that sounds harsh to me. I did not say that Bill was an authority. But he did happen to run this site for many many years and did get recognition as someone who knows a thing or two about HT's......

I wish you all the best.

 

Regards,

California


 

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 
 
North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, bruce90 said:

I'm pretty sure Dr Abhinav is one of the doctors at Eugenix. I don't have any problem with that but I'm not sure why he hasn't told any of the forum members this.

 

I have deleted my reply.

Edited by Dr Abhinav Kumar
Deleted my reply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, California said:

"others can search through Dr Bhatti's results for themselves and make up their own minds." I couldn't agree with you more! 

Regarding my comment about your "mission", couldn't help noticing you showing up on the threads that have negative overtones about Dr. Bhatti. Again, picking up 4-5 cases out of thousands.......that sounds harsh to me. I did not say that Bill was an authority. But he did happen to run this site for many many years and did get recognition as someone who knows a thing or two about HT's......

I wish you all the best.

 

Regards,

California

I generally only comment on threads of those guys here that need help. If I somehow ended up commenting on a thread of Dr Bhatti it’s because the work is so terrible that it warranted attention. I have also never seen a doctor come online before, argue with a patient, and then post their personal information here publicly. 

You are free to go through all of my posts and count just how many guys I have tried to help here, and if you somehow think I still have a "mission" against your doctor then I would urge you to contact the moderator of this forum. I do however find it highly strange that rather than focus on the terrible results that your doctor routinely delivers that all you can do instead is focus on my "harsh" opinion - which I have now backed up with evidence. Other clinics simply DO NOT have such bad results posted - not in scale nor in frequency - which all makes them vastly superior choices to the doctor you represent.

The only remaining question in my mind is why do you or Dr Bhatti find such results acceptable (and it's not just the one but the many)???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, transplantedphil said:

I generally only comment on threads of those guys here that need help. If I somehow ended up commenting on a thread of Dr Bhatti it’s because the work is so terrible that it warranted attention. I have also never seen a doctor come online before, argue with a patient, and then post their personal information here publicly. 

You are free to go through all of my posts and count just how many guys I have tried to help here, and if you somehow think I still have a "mission" against your doctor then I would urge you to contact the moderator of this forum. I do however find it highly strange that rather than focus on the terrible results that your doctor routinely delivers that all you can do instead is focus on my "harsh" opinion - which I have now backed up with evidence. Other clinics simply DO NOT have such bad results posted - not in scale nor in frequency - which all makes them vastly superior choices to the doctor you represent.

The only remaining question in my mind is why do you or Dr Bhatti find such results acceptable (and it's not just the one but the many)???

You are welcome to your opinion. Again, Patients will have to do their own research and make their own decisions. This site itself has 181 pages of documented results from Dr. Bhatti Patients. You conveniently choose to overlook the hundreds and hundreds of satisfied Dr. Bhatti Patients (use the search button) and pick on 4 or 5 and then make the blanket statement, "because the work is so terrible and it warranted attention"! 

In regards to the one instance that you are referring to where the Patient information was posted on this website, we had the permission of the forum moderator to do that. They had checked with that Patient first. Again, you seem to be motivated to unearth any "skeleton" that you can find. Keep digging my friend. I wish you all the best!

I did a quick search for Dr. Bhatti to look up the latest posts from his past patients and this is what came up:

 

BTW....this came up just on the first page of the search. There are another 181 pages to go.....

 

Regards,

 

California


 

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 
 
North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding Dr Bhatt posting personal information of a patient I believe you are being purposefully misleading (some would say lying), as Melvin had only given permission to post the emails AFTER Dr Bhatti had done so - explicitly telling Dr Bhatti to remove his personal information; "Dr. Bhatti, if you post anything with the patients personal information please make sure you remove the personal information first before posting" 

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54898-tejinder-bhatti-the-worst-hair-transplant-experience-and-unprofessionalism/

That patient even messaged me privately complaining about it.

 

 

When you combine this with your weak attempt to only focus on your clinics "good results" while continually failing to acknowledge the fucking awful ones occur with more severity and more frequency than the other clinics on the network, it only confirms you have a habit of whitewashing the truth. But I guess that’s what we should expect from the paid representative of Dr Bhatti.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Phil,

With regards to the patient you just mentioned, I'm having to repeat myself from an earlier thread,

"The patient you speak of said he paid for the procedure via electronic transfer to the clinic admin staff who took him on his word. He came to the clinic every day during his stay and when asked about the missing payment, each time he said it should be there soon. The clinic staff had no reason to doubt him and if anything were way too trusting. Obviously he abused this trust and the payment was pure fiction. The whatsapp message he used as proof was the clinic staff presuming his $2000 payment was actually made which it obviously wasn't.

You are free to contact the many Dr Bhatti patients on this and other forums which will confirm that a payment receipt is given once payment has been made. This patient could neither provide the receipt or show proof of an electronic transfer being made.   

Therefore there is no issue with patient confidentiality in this particular case. The patient was a chancer but also remarkably he is a newly qualified surgeon with a major UK hospital. It beggars belief why he would try to pull off such a stunt putting his entire professional career at risk."

Dr Bhatti could have quite easily issued proceedings against him in the UK and in accordance with UK employment law, his conduct away from the workplace would have almost certainly resulted in his dismissal and the end of his career here in the UK.

Perhaps during your contact with him the "minor" fact of him swindling the clinic was overlooked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My issue was never about the precise details of what happened between your clinic and that patient, but rather how Dr Bhatti chose to conduct himself publicly. 

As Dr Bhatti was his doctor then releasing that gentleman’s personal information would be considered a breach of doctor patient confidentially. If your argument revolves around the issue of payment (or as you argue that the patient swindled the clinic) then ethically speaking I still do not see how Dr Bhatti’s actions are exempt from this; indeed such reasoning would suggest that any doctor unhappy with the settlement of their patient’s fees would be entitled to use a patient’s personal information against them publicly. 

Whatever the specifics of the case Dr Bhatti’s behaviour was entirely unprofessional and to date I have not seen any other doctor on this network behave in such a fashion.

As for your earlier response to this case I sadly must have missed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×