Dr. Kaan Pekiner FUE+BHT 3895 (2007 FUE + 1888 BHT) 28/12/2019

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Cristero said:

Not sure @Portugal25, but this is what I got from @Melvin-Moderatorlast time I spoke with him privately. That Pekiner's patients report weren't allowed on this website anymore.

@Melvin-Moderatoris that correct?

If you want to share your report and it’s authentic, go ahead. I had to ban his rep, because he was all around shady. I had to keep a tab, because I have a feeling there was a couple of fake reports floating around. 

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps if someone is NW3 or so then he goes wider. I've been in touch with him for quite some time, and by the end his representative said "Dr. Pekiner thinks you need X amount of scalp grafts and

There's no reason to even continue this debate. If you think your donor is completely immune, good for you and best of luck in the future. I guess we are trying to be proactive and looking at evidence

I remember choosing my surgeon and Dr. Demirsoy was on my short list. He states on his website that he is doing manual extractions as well, however seems like he simply didn't update his website for a

Posted Images

Just now, Melvin-Moderator said:

If you want to share your report and it’s authentic, go ahead. I had to ban his rep, because he was all around shady. I had to keep a tab, because I have a feeling there was a couple of fake reports floating around. 

@Cristero as you can see HRN is all about us bald guys talking about our experiences managing our hairloss so obviously a HRN member like yourself would never be censored or not allowed to share your experience because that’s the whole reason why this forum exists in the first place.

Looking forward to reading your about your experience and hope you get the results your hoping for. 

8 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

@Melvin-ModeratorYou know me since a while now, and you know I was looking for a surgeon and then eventually decided for Dr. Pekiner. I'm glad I did and I hope the results will turn out to be good. Time will tell.

Thanks @Portugal25 for the encouraging words. Now it's all about patience and taking care in the post-op. Biggest challenge for now is to stay away from lifting heavy weights for a while. Feels like a torture :D.

Edited by Cristero
  • 1 month later...
On 9/21/2020 at 4:47 PM, Cristero said:

@Melvin-ModeratorYou know me since a while now, and you know I was looking for a surgeon and then eventually decided for Dr. Pekiner. I'm glad I did and I hope the results will turn out to be good. Time will tell.

Thanks @Portugal25 for the encouraging words. Now it's all about patience and taking care in the post-op. Biggest challenge for now is to stay away from lifting heavy weights for a while. Feels like a torture :D.

I had my HT done by Dr. Pekiner last year, not sure whats happened recently about reports on here but he is a legit and imo very respectable Dr, my experience and results have been good with him, id recommend him to others so its a shame he isn't well known for Europeans on this forum as a high contender

Just now, Coady said:

@Portugal25 Do you ever regret not going on finasteride after your first procedure? 

l

Ofcourse I do! if I had kept taking  Finasteride I would probably still have a full head of hair and wouldn’t need this second HT.

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for not posting last month but I saw no improvement so decided to skip a month.

I just hit the 10 month mark and it does seem like there’s still some new growth but I still have low density in some areas that need to be improved in the next month or I will require a new HT.

Looking forward to your comments.

EF909DF6-8652-4C14-A918-F46DBFB96921.jpeg

64F436DC-FE90-41C1-A2C7-04B1C786FBED.jpeg

BE480C01-EFF5-48B6-BF82-B3E79CC450E2.jpeg

4FDCB678-7B0B-4509-9B17-F972BF53667F.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

Looking at where you started from it looks great. From my own experience Pekiner tends to give you less estimates of how many available grafts you have in your donor, there is no way you only had 2000 grafts available.

When I went to Pekiner he told me multiple times that my donor was depleted and that I only had 400 grafts left for a future procedure and if I wanted to remove more grafts I would need SMP done. I was a bit devastated because I had a large area to cover so it wasn't enough. After my surgery I started consulting with other doctors to see if my donor was still good enough for another procedure, I contacted HLC and Demirsoy and I was told the same thing, I can still get around 2000 grafts from my donor, I was upset because I was told that my donor was finished, a few weeks ago I decided to go with Demirsoy and he was able to get around 2250 grafts from my donor and told me that I have some left for a future procedure and he also mentioned that I had areas in my donor that were not touched which was a big surprise to me. Obviously it's still a bit early but I am now a few weeks post op and my donor has recovered well and there is nothing alarming and everything seems on track.

Pekiner is obviously skilled but the diagnosis and estimates that he gives can be off compared to other doctors, he is very ethical and great at what he does and he did a lot of good things for my hair by removing old plugs etc

If I were you I would contact other clinics, even though you might not need another procedure since the crown usually takes longer to fill in, in a few months you might be satisfied but I would ask other doctors to see how many grafts you have available because I guarantee you there is another 1500-2000 that can be used. 

Overall I would still call your surgery a success, good luck!

Dr. Pekiner extracts only from the safest area of the donor, considering worst case scenario you would progress to NW6/7. This is not the case with most people, but that's his approach. He proposed to me 3000 grafts (2500 scalp and 500 beard) on my very first HT.
I went with Dr. Ferreira, and he estimated around 9000-10000 grafts available before donor depletion. No beard needed.

28/01/2020 - 3611 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow my journey in Video Format!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

3 hours ago, Rolandas said:

Dr. Pekiner extracts only from the safest area of the donor, considering worst case scenario you would progress to NW6/7. This is not the case with most people, but that's his approach. He proposed to me 3000 grafts (2500 scalp and 500 beard) on my very first HT.
I went with Dr. Ferreira, and he estimated around 9000-10000 grafts available before donor depletion. No beard needed.

I don't think I've seen anything too conservative from Dr. Pekiner's extraction patterns. Sure he doesn't usually go as high as someone like Dr. Hasson (just picking an example), but I think he spreads out the extractions far enough. I'd be interested in finding out his reasons for suggesting BHT in your case. Maybe he just didn't realize you had so many grafts in your donor?

See this extraction pattern from @kiokbs, I don't think it was too conservative.

IMG_1357.thumb.JPG.94a7df3ec1a3e341597edc70c52c13ea.jpeg

10 hours ago, giegnosiganoe said:

I don't think I've seen anything too conservative from Dr. Pekiner's extraction patterns. Sure he doesn't usually go as high as someone like Dr. Hasson (just picking an example), but I think he spreads out the extractions far enough. I'd be interested in finding out his reasons for suggesting BHT in your case. Maybe he just didn't realize you had so many grafts in your donor?

See this extraction pattern from @kiokbs, I don't think it was too conservative.

IMG_1357.thumb.JPG.94a7df3ec1a3e341597edc70c52c13ea.jpeg

Perhaps if someone is NW3 or so then he goes wider.
I've been in touch with him for quite some time, and by the end his representative said "Dr. Pekiner thinks you need X amount of scalp grafts and X amount of beard grafts. He won't change his mind". I've tried to negotiate and say that i don't want to use beard grafts in the first surgery, but this response was the same "he won't change his mind", so this put me away.

Once I had surgery with Dr. Ferreira i was very thankful that I've decided not to go with Dr. Pekiner. Reason for this is Dr. Ferreira's assistants showed me my grafts under microscope, and guess what - they were short! I'm 100% sure Dr. Pekiner would abort my surgery as well.
During the surgery I asked Dr. Ferreira is this a bad thing to have short grafts, to what he replied - "no, it's quite rare, but nothing to worry about. All your grafts are just short".
This lead me to believe that Dr. Pekiner's diagnosis can be incompetent in certain cases.

Although I really like Dr. Pekiner and always suggest for people to look at his work and think for themselves, this thing just planted the wrong seed in my head. 

Edited by Rolandas
  • Like 2

28/01/2020 - 3611 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow my journey in Video Format!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

• Administrators

@Portugal25

You’ve got an excellent result, I wouldn’t get any more HT’s, the crown is a black hole. Instead, use some fiber. A minimal amount will cover the weaknesses. 

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

Looks geat Portugal👍🏻😊. I think you have achieved more or less spot on based on the size of area needed to be covered and with the grafts in range of 3900. 

As for next step, l would either go back for another 2000 beard/chest into that area and then be done. Or just use fibers as Melvin proposed. But l would be very tempered to get it done and then don’t need to use any concealers😊. But that just me