Hi,

I am 28 years old and writing this to help others in their hairloss journey as others have helped me in mine.

Today I underwent a DHI transplant at Dr Cinik in Istanbul, if anyone has questions they can reply in the thread.

Day before procedure

• Arrive at Istanbul airport
  • Went to meeting point
  • Luxury car took me to an amazing hotel
  • Consultation was evening of arrival, blood taken, hairline drawn by Dr Cinik, payment taken, pictures taken.

Day 0 (day of procedure)

• Leave hotel for clinic 7.45am next morning for procedure
  • Head is shaved
  • Taken to procedure room
  • Anaesthetic administered, lots of needles and a little painful. 
  • Hooked up to antibiotic drip entire time
  • First they extract the grafts with an electrical instrument of which the sound reminded me of going to dentist 
  • Another person is collecting the grafts and another person is sorting them into petri dishes
  • Snacks and drinks provided intermittently
  • Some of the positions you are in can be uncomfortable 
  • For DHI two people loaded the grafts into 'pens' and another person inserted them into the recipient area
  • Following this the whole area is cleaned, grafts are padded down to made sure they are secure, PRP administered, bandages applied
  • Once finished I was given a take home pack with medication, hat, neck pillow, 10 year guarantee. 
  • Total 9 1/4 hour day,  7.45am - 5pm
  • The area stings and throbs after procedure and can only sleep in upright with inflatable pillow provided
  • Dr Cinik did not perform the transplant, but checked in a few times during the operation
  • All staff are extremely friendly and accomodating

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

Edited by SJB91

6 hours ago, iamtheone654 said:

all the best, I am looking into this clinic as well.  Did Dr. Cinik perform the procedure?  Keep us posted brother.

Hi,

Dr Cinik did not perform the procedure, he drew the hairline and checked in a couple of times during the procedure.

Thanks.

Day 1 (day after procedure)

• I slept relatively well last night with the inflatable pillow around my neck and regular pillows underneath
  • There has been some forehead swelling as I expected but nothing too drastic
  • There have been occasional headaches throughout day but nothing the pain medication provided doesn't alleviate
  • The area feels tight as the scabs have dried overnight and the healing process begins
  • This evening I was picked up from my hotel to go for a checkup and upon arrival the clinic: removed my bandage, checked the transplant was healing correctly & offered some optional take-home medications (namely saw palmetto, aloe vera, biotin & shampoos) for a cost. I opted to only get the aloe vera because I am already taking finasteride & have stocked up on my own vitamins
  • After the bandage was removed, the area was cleaned and a headband was placed around my head to prevent the swelling from travelling further down my face. The headband is to be worn for a minimum of two days
  • Following this, there was a short video to watch which explained how & how long to wash your hair with the foaming solution & shampoo provided
  • I was then dropped back to the hotel and told I would be picked up the next day for my first wash at the clinic

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

Edited by SJB91

Posted (edited)

Day 4

• I wore the headband for 2 days then slept without it on the 3rd night after the procedure, some swelling travelled down my face as you can see but there wasn't any pain associated.
  • There has been some itching all over the head as the scabs dried and the whole head was feeling quite tight
  • My hair was washed by the clinic on the 2nd day after the procedure, however I switched hotels on the 3rd day so for the last two times I have washed it myself.
  • I think I may have lost a graft or two as there was some small amount of bleeding when I tried to remove some fluff left over by the headband
  • There was some bruising at my temple areas because the donor area extended to just over my ears and this skin is quite sensitive
  • I have been wearing the bucket hat provided when I have been sightseeing around Istanbul. 

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

Edited by SJB91

Day 7

• The donor area is healing quite nicely and the hair is starting to grow back over to conceal any redness
  • The scabs on the recipient area started coming off around day 5, so for the last few days I carefully massaged the scalp with my fingertips to help them along
  • There is residual redness after the scabs were gone and a clear 'darker' band where the denser front hairline was implanted. From what I can tell this is because there wasn't any natural hair in these areas so the implanting had to be denser and as a result the skin more 'traumatised', causing it to be redder than the upper part.
  • The implanted hairs have grown and feel slightly coarser than my natural hair, I imagine once they fall out and regrow it will blend more seamlessly
  • I have been applying aloe vera to reduce redness and also some vitamin e cream to promote healing

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

Looking good. Dr. Cinik's clinic does amazing work for such low prices. Just curious, why did you switch hotels? Did the clinic book you a bad hotel?

Thanks for the encouragement. The clinic pays for 3 nights but I couldn't afford to stay at the hotel beyond these, it's 5 star and very luxurious! Also, I wanted to be closer to the tourist sites i.e. Hagia Sofia etc ..

Day 10

• Hair is growing as normal
  • I have been applying vitamin e cream liberally to recipient areas to promote healing
  • Some folliculitis has appeared in the recipient areas
  • Redness and denser frontal hairline still apparent
  • Both donor and recipient areas have been itching at times
  • Donor area almost completely invisible

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

good job given the level of hair loss . Implanter pen is the way to go.

Are you using hair meds ? 

On 1/7/2020 at 2:50 AM, elduterino said:

good job given the level of hair loss . Implanter pen is the way to go.

Are you using hair meds ? 

Thanks. Yes, been on finasteride 1mg for 6 months and topical minoxidil for about 4 years..

Thanks for documenting brother.  I'll be watching this close as I am looking to get it one here as well.  Keep us posted brother

1 month

• Shedding started around week 2
  • Numbness in recipient area apparent but almost gone now
  • Itching a lot around week 2/3
  • Donor area completely healed
  • Applying sunscreen & moisturiser to scalp every morning

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fabofly said:

What was the price you paid?

2790 euro

Any updates? I had dhi with cinik 2 days after you and I like following your progress to make sure I’m right on time :) 

On 2/18/2020 at 5:38 PM, Steptoe123 said:

Any updates? I had dhi with cinik 2 days after you and I like following your progress to make sure I’m right on time :)

I’m posting around the 25th of each month..

Edited by SJB91
  • Like 1

2 months

• Hair growing as normal
  • Some further shedding as expected in the donor and recipient areas
  • Redness is subsiding (photos were taken after a shower so it looks redder than usual)
  • Recipient area itching occasionally
  • Still taking Finasteride, multivitamins and applying minoxidil daily

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

I noticed you said you paid 2790€ mate, I was quoted 2590€ with Cinik having some involvement in the procedure. Did you pay extra for anything? 

I just contacted Dr. Cinik on WhatsApp, and they told me €2090 premium package, but I saw an exclusive package for €2590 on their website as well. I think you might have been quoted either of this too, but there was some additional charges like tax, or hidden fees or something? 

Your results look great by the way. I want to get a HT done in a two weeks time, as part of a trip to a location - and be back to work as if nothing noticeable happened. It's just a personal choice that I don't want others to know I did a transplant. I am still contemplating on FUT and FUE, and some are suggesting me I am a good candidate for FUT now, and FUEs in the future. 

Do keep posting pictures :)

On 2/23/2020 at 8:01 PM, Pauls said:

I noticed you said you paid 2790€ mate, I was quoted 2590€ with Cinik having some involvement in the procedure. Did you pay extra for anything? 

I paid for the DHI package which is a different (and supposedly more reliable) method of implantation..

Looking great man. Do you think the DHI method is less painful than traditional FUE? What was the pain level on a 1-10 scale?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, fabofly said:

Looking great man. Do you think the DHI method is less painful than traditional FUE? What was the pain level on a 1-10 scale?

Thanks. Only the needles for the anesthesia were painful (7), other than this the whole process has been relatively pain free. I’m not entirely sure if DHI is less painful, however I’m told there is a quicker recovery time when compared to traditional FUE.

Edited by SJB91

3 months

• Not a huge amount has changed within the last month
  • New hair starting to grow, albeit only a small amount at this stage. I haven't cut the recipient area (top) since my procedure so all the hairs are at different lengths.
  • Appears my left side is growing faster than my right?
  • Some folliculitis in the crown recipient area
  • Itching generally all over

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg