Long hair FUE - what are the options?

jonathande

Hi,

I performed my first hair transplant in 2016 with Dr Demirsoy and I wasn't very satisfied with the results (See link further below). Years have passed and I finally feel the need to to another HT but this time - I am considering Long hair fue to just fill my crown and make it thicker.

You learn a lot doing your first HT and some aspects I have learnt is to pay more careful attention to technique being used (The devil lies in the details) for a successful HT.

Here are some principles:

• Basically - I am considering 500-1000 grafts in crown
  • Manual extraction (NOT MOTORIZED LIKE DEMIRSOY)
  • Not trying to accomplish to many grafts in one session (nurses/surgeon get tired -> sloppy - > bad results)
  • Long Hair FUE preferably - Being shaved and having a funny hair cut for 6-8 months is a large part of your life..

Thus, I look for recommendation on surgeon with or nearly 100% satsifactory rate, manual extraction and possible capable of long hair FUE.

For now - I am considering ASMED Surgical Medical Center which both offers long hair fue and manual extraction plus extremely good reviews. I am up to travel anywhere in the world but it all comes down to value for money. 

See my old post here:

)

Edited by jonathande

On 12/25/2019 at 12:56 PM, jonathande said:

Hi,

I performed my first hair transplant in 2016 with Dr Demirsoy and I wasn't very satisfied with the results (See link further below). Years have passed and I finally feel the need to to another HT but this time - I am considering Long hair fue to just fill my crown and make it thicker.

You learn a lot doing your first HT and some aspects I have learnt is to pay more careful attention to technique being used (The devil lies in the details) for a successful HT.

Here are some principles:

• Basically - I am considering 500-1000 grafts in crown
  • Manual extraction (NOT MOTORIZED LIKE DEMIRSOY)
  • Not trying to accomplish to many grafts in one session (nurses/surgeon get tired -> sloppy - > bad results)
  • Long Hair FUE preferably - Being shaved and having a funny hair cut for 6-8 months is a large part of your life..

Thus, I look for recommendation on surgeon with or nearly 100% satsifactory rate, manual extraction and possible capable of long hair FUE.

For now - I am considering ASMED Surgical Medical Center which both offers long hair fue and manual extraction plus extremely good reviews. I am up to travel anywhere in the world but it all comes down to value for money. 

See my old post here:

)

ASMED is one of the very few chain Clinique having Long hair fue.
Anyway, it is very expensive (5 euro/graft) and I suggest not to go there considering the results you can see on many many boards.

If you do not want to shave your head, you can have a FUT or you can have shave your donor area only.
There are a lot of good docs providing half shaved fue for a very reasonable price.

On 12/27/2019 at 9:48 AM, Gasthoerer said:

I would recommend to have a look at Lupanzula for such a case.

Hi, Thanks for the tips - looks interesting and will commence my research on this clinique.

On 12/26/2019 at 10:09 PM, duchaine said:

ASMED is one of the very few chain Clinique having Long hair fue.
Anyway, it is very expensive (5 euro/graft) and I suggest not to go there considering the results you can see on many many boards.

If you do not want to shave your head, you can have a FUT or you can have shave your donor area only.
There are a lot of good docs providing half shaved fue for a very reasonable price.

Interesting - haven't fully dig into all the reviews yet but if he has gone that profit-maximizing road which many surgeons eventually do and thereby fallen in quality he will definitely be out of scope.

What other docs are performing unshaven FUE that you recommend me looking up?

Edited by jonathande

• 7 months later...

Personally, I think u need to go to a crown expert and not worry too much about the technique or whether or not they do long hair fue. Crown restorations are much more difficult than hairlines but some of the best crown results I’ve seen are coming from doctor wong and Lorenzo. There are a few konior cases that have popped up here that are impressive as well.

I have a different outlook on the Long hair and bad hairstyle aspect of hts. Yes, the recovery sucks really bad. But by shaving your hair down you are helping the doctor match the hair angles as best as possible and a Temporary nuisance is worth long term results (imo).

Hi,

Fair advice and thank you for the recommendation of surgeons. I will look into Lorenzo altough Wong is a bit to far (Canada).

I think fully long hair is indeed a bit risky when it comes to graft placement but hope that somewhat short hair in the recipient (not donnor) can be accomplished. I don’t mind shaving donnor is just that I want to avoid going through ugly duck phase 3 months after as with a regular FUE.