Best pricing in USA?

Val

Typically FUT will range from $3 to $4.50.  FUE $6-$8.  

If you're getting $4.75 for FUE, quite competitive but it does bring up a question.  Why give it away?  At that price point I am certain the doctor is not the one doing the harvesting. His time is far more valuable than that.  Did you ask who would be doing the work?

I would do a a few more consultations before making a decision.  Something does not smell right.

I had both of my surgeries with Carolina Hair Surgery and Dr. Vories.  I typically don't promote him directly very often in my responses to posts, but I wanted to respond directly to the previous post.... Dr. Vories only does FUE and he charges between $4-5 per graft depending on the number.  I cut/pasted this from his website.  More importantly....Dr. Vories actually extracts every graft himself and places every graft himself.  I had no interest in having a lengthy linear scar from FUT.  Do your homework and find the doctor that you feel most comfortable with.  Best of luck.  You can see my results at my website, www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

image.png.d05965259c76c18a3319872f051235e9.png

• Thanks 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• Administrators

Do not let cost be your deciding factor, you should be asking which surgeon has the best results, not which one is the cheapest. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks- just trying to get an idea of what is normal. The 2 inquiries i made were pricing FUE at 4.75- Philadelphia and 4.50 -NJ. I only had the consultation in Philadelphia but have scheduled one in NJ and another one in MD. 

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, Val said:

Thanks- just trying to get an idea of what is normal. The 2 inquiries i made were pricing FUE at 4.75- Philadelphia and 4.50 -NJ. I only had the consultation in Philadelphia but have scheduled one in NJ and another one in MD. 

Sounds worryingly low for a surgeon in North America. Last patient who chose a surgeon for $2 grafts in Colorado ended up being botched. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

8 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Sounds worryingly low for a surgeon in North America. Last patient who chose a surgeon for $2 grafts in Colorado ended up being botched. 

Capri in Philadelphia 4.75

Maxim hair restoration 4.50 

the reviews don’t seem bad from either.

the place in MD I’m setting up a consultation is “Natural Transplants” but they didn’t give me a quote yet. 

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, Val said:

Capri in Philadelphia 4.75

Maxim hair restoration 4.50 

the reviews don’t seem bad from either.

the place in MD I’m setting up a consultation is “Natural Transplants” but they didn’t give me a quote yet. 

Dude you need to research a bit more, where are these so-called reviews? Google, yelp? All I’m gonna say is our forum is the leading site for real reviews, look at the surgeon reviews section and you’ll see what a “true” review looks like.

• Like 2

View my thread

• Moderators

I checked the websites of the two places you mentioned

Capri Hair Restoration uses the Neograft machine. I personally would not go there. Clinics that use Neograft and Artas machines generally give you a lower quality hair transplant as compared to other clinics.

Maxim Hair Restoration - Hard to believe, but according to their own website they are still doing mini grafts in their FUT procedures. It's hard to believe they are doing it and even harder to believe they advertise it. From their web site  - FUT - 2 to 4,000 Grafts per session Mini Grafting (3 to 5 follicles per graft) and Micro Grafting (1 to 2 hair follicles per graft). If that is what they are doing with FUT, I have no faith at all in their FUE techniques.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

11 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

I checked the websites of the two places you mentioned

Capri Hair Restoration uses the Neograft machine. I personally would not go there. Clinics that use Neograft and Artas machines generally give you a lower quality hair transplant as compared to other clinics.

Maxim Hair Restoration - Hard to believe, but according to their own website they are still doing mini grafts in their FUT procedures. It's hard to believe they are doing it and even harder to believe they advertise it. From their web site  - FUT - 2 to 4,000 Grafts per session Mini Grafting (3 to 5 follicles per graft) and Micro Grafting (1 to 2 hair follicles per graft). If that is what they are doing with FUT, I have no faith at all in their FUE techniques.

Thank you! That’s very helpful. I just started researching so this is all new to me. Dr Vogel and Lindsey seem to be the closest to me and recommended on here.

• Moderators

After I posted I noticed you did mention the third place in Maryland, so I looked that one up too. This place is actually the worst to me simply because they try to give you all kind of nonsense about how FUT and even FUE are outdated and their new HUE technique is much better than either FUT or FUE. However when you keep reading and if you know enough about the hair transplant process you will know that they are doing FUT even though they just said it's better than FUT. Basically they are able to take longer and wider strips (so they say) than other FUT clinics are doing. In my opinion this is going to mean that you will have a wider scar as you will surely have scar stretching if they try to exceed reasonable strip widths. They then tell you that you should be more concerned about how much tissue was moved and not about how much coverage or density you will get. That is a big red flag to me that you will not be getting much coverage or density... which then also makes me wonder if they are really taking longer and wider strips than other places or if they are just so incompetent that even their FUT grafts don't grow well. My advice: STAY AWAY FROM HERE.

Edited by BeHappy
  • Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, BeHappy said:

After I posted I noticed you did mention the third place in Maryland, so I looked that one up too. This place is actually the worst to me simply because they try to give you all kind of nonsense about how FUT and even FUE are outdated and their new HUE technique is much better than either FUT or FUE. However when you keep reading and if you know enough about the hair transplant process you will know that they are doing FUT even though they just said it's better than FUT. Basically they are able to take longer and wider strips (so they say) than other FUT clinics are doing. In my opinion his is going to mean that you will have a wider scar as you will surely have scar stretching if they try to exceed reasonable strip widths. They then tell you that you should be more concerned about how much tissue was moved and not about how much coverage or density you will get. That is a big red flag to me that you will not be getting much coverage or density... which then also makes me wonder if they are really taking longer and wider strips than other places or if they are just so incompetent that even their FUT grafts don't grow well. My advise: STAY AWAY FROM HERE.

Great advice Be Happy and research kudos 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Val said:

Dr Vogel and Lindsey seem to be the closest to me and recommended on here

I would pick either of these over the previous three you mentioned. However I know Dr Lindsey prefers to do FUT over FUE, although he does do some smaller FUE cases.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

Listen to Melvin, pick someone on this website!  Someone close to home may be handy but may not be the best for you.  Spend an extra $350 and fly to the doctor your most comfortable with.  That's what I did.  Money well spent.

• Like 2

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

2 hours ago, Val said:

Thank you! That’s very helpful. I just started researching so this is all new to me. Dr Vogel and Lindsey seem to be the closest to me and recommended on here.

Is 2000 grafts considered alot? 

• Administrators
4 hours ago, BeHappy said:

I would pick either of these over the previous three you mentioned. However I know Dr Lindsey prefers to do FUT over FUE, although he does do some smaller FUE cases.

I agree, I suggest spending some time and researching real patient posted reviews on our website before choosing a surgeon. Remember, money comes and goes but your results stay with you forever.

• Like 1

View my thread

I would highly suggest heeding what everyone is telling you on this forum. Ideally, you'd only like to get a hair transplant once and not have to worry about a botched procedure which will require more money to fix. Based on what's posted here, there is no one operating in Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey who is recommended here. This may change in the future. However, there are a few very good surgeons in New York. I would do a few days trip to NYC to meet the different surgeons recommended on here (there are only 5, so it should be doable):

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/surgeon-list/NY/New-York

Go with someone you feel most comfortable with, who gives you reasonable expectations, and who is recommended on here. I repeat, you do not want to go with someone who doesn't know what they're doing and isn't recommended just to save money. You'll end up paying way more in the long run because you will most likely not be happy with the results.

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

On 12/23/2019 at 11:45 AM, JohnCasper said:

I had both of my surgeries with Carolina Hair Surgery and Dr. Vories.  I typically don't promote him directly very often in my responses to posts, but I wanted to respond directly to the previous post.... Dr. Vories only does FUE and he charges between $4-5 per graft depending on the number.  I cut/pasted this from his website.  More importantly....Dr. Vories actually extracts every graft himself and places every graft himself.  I had no interest in having a lengthy linear scar from FUT.  Do your homework and find the doctor that you feel most comfortable with.  Best of luck.  You can see my results at my website, www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

image.png.d05965259c76c18a3319872f051235e9.png

Very reasonable priced FUE and in the good ol USA.  Here is a case where pricing is a factor.  This doctor does the work himself, manually, and in US for that price.,He hasnt change the price or gotten greedy either as i recall his prices have been same since.  This needs to be known across forums.  

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Sean said:

Very reasonable priced FUE and in the good ol USA.  Here is a case where pricing is a factor.  This doctor does the work himself, manually, and in US for that price.,He hasnt change the price or gotten greedy either as i recall his prices have been same since.  This needs to be known across forums.  

I agree. For anyone in the USA looking to go to another country to get low cost FUE you might want to check out Carolina Hair Surgery first especially if it's within a few hours drive of you because the cost of a plane ticket to somewhere else may be more than the difference in price.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

15 hours ago, Sean said:

Thank you! I’ll check them out.

• 6 months later...

Thanks everyone for your advice. I ended up going with Carolina Hair Surgery. 3000 FUE did front hairline and added density to crown area. 

• Administrators
Just now, Val said:

Thanks everyone for your advice. I ended up going with Carolina Hair Surgery. 3000 FUE did front hairline and added density to crown area. 

Good choice for FUE, please make a thread, I’d love to follow your progress.

View my thread

Hey "Val", I've had two surgeries with Carolina Hair Surgery.  If you want to monitor your progress and compare it to mine, you can go to my website where I posted daily descriptions of the results and advice.  You can see many photos and videos of my progress.  Go to the archives on my website and go to September 2012 and start from there.  Good luck and keep all of us posted on this website.  You have a lot to look forward to!

• Like 1