Improvement between months 6 and 12 post op

Hi,

How much improvement did you experience or is realistic to expect after the first 6 months of the HT surgery?

I am asking because I am getting worried a little. Looking at post-op pictures, my crown looked covered with hair. It’s been five and a half months since my surgery. Everything else is coming along nicely but the crown. 

At 5 and a half months, really wouldn't worry about the crown lagging behind. Hair transplanted there usually lags behind the front due to blood circulation not being as good in that part of the scalp. Lot of the time, will need to give the crown longer....a lot of the time it can take up to a 18 months to develop. You've still got a long way to go and probably are only just seeing the beginning of your result to be honest.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 3:45 PM, Ray123 said:

Hi,

How much improvement did you experience or is realistic to expect after the first 6 months of the HT surgery?

I am asking because I am getting worried a little. Looking at post-op pictures, my crown looked covered with hair. It’s been five and a half months since my surgery. Everything else is coming along nicely but the crown. 

I have had 2.  Four months is the sweet spot.  If you have no growth at four months, it won't grow. 

At 5 1/2 months, I definitely wouldn't be worried or concerned. Everyone's hair grows at a completely different rate, and whether or not someone is an early grower or late doesn't mean anything good or bad in terms of final results. Hang tight. You still have plenty of time. 

Personally, I had a lot of growth by month 6, but I also saw significant thickening/maturation during months 8-12. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56