Blood flow is the best key to healthy hair

axor

Hello,

As I was researching the web into hair-loss treatments I found numerous citations from doctors and clinics saying that bloodflow to the scalp is the key to healthy hair.

As blood keeps the healthy hair, blood vessels up there do that too, healthy transplants need lot of blood flow to grow the recipient, etc.

Available remedies for increasing blood flow in scalp

Unsurprisingly, amongst the popular remedies against hair loss are:

* Inversion method to physically instils higher blood flow to scalp
* Scalp massages to stimulate blood flow
* Caffeine, popular stimulant in hair growth serums
* Derma rolling to prompt  micro wounding and production of collagen as well as improved blood flow
* Castor oil with its main active ingredient being ricinoleic acid, which activating receptors in hair follicles

All these aid the proliferation of stem cells to support new hair growth, as well as strengthening existing hair follicles. Hair miniaturisation commonly associated with ageing, have also been repeatedly reported to go into remission after topical stimulants for blood flow have been introduced.

Now my question is, do you know any good ways to increase bloodflow to the scalp ? we would help each other in this way,

Thank you

Edited by axor
  • Like 1

Good points....I agree, blood flow & circulation is likely the key to keep hair, regrow dormant hair, and keep DHT at bay.

The only things I don’t do on the list is scalp massage (may add this though), and caffeine on scalp (but drink lots of cold brew iced coffee daily).

47 minutes ago, IronGymmer said:

Cold showers help circulation and I read they're usually healthier for your hair than hot water as well

Not sure if cold showers help with circulation as cold water constricts blood flow but I do think it’s much better than hot water especially for scalp and I shampoo my scalp with cold water.

Edited by CosmoKramer

6 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Not sure if cold showers help with circulation as cold water constricts blood flow but I do think it’s much better than hot water especially for scalp and I shampoo my scalp with cold water.

Yes the cold constricts blood flow, but when the cold stops the blood will come rushing back to that area

Ginger, Turmeric, Cayenne Pepper etc when taken also help blood flow to extremities. Take in the form of tea or in the case of Ginger and Turmeric you can eat the root.  Garlic also if you can handle the odour.

Edited by sl

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

On 12/19/2019 at 10:58 PM, sl said:

Ginger, Turmeric, Cayenne Pepper etc when taken also help blood flow to extremities. Take in the form of tea or in the case of Ginger and Turmeric you can eat the root.  Garlic also if you can handle the odour.

Thanks a lot I never heard of this !