Beard to head hair transplant? Any feedback?

3 hours ago, guestY said:

Can anyone share their own personal experience with beard to head hair transplant? What are some things to watch out for? Does the hair look natural? Thx

@guestY To me in the clinic of Dr. Cinik they declared to have implanted 1000 from the beard, I don't know to tell you anything yet because they are two months from the procedure and still the regrowth is not left therefore I don't know to tell you the difference between my existing  and those of the beard, I hope they had the foresight to implant them in the middle scalp and not in the first line, as regards the signs of extraction I can assure you that after two days everything is healed under the chin.

Pekiner however is very good with beard hair, I have seen his work on other forums and I can guarantee it.

10 hours ago, Curious said:

You put it in the back to mix with other hair.  I would avoid having it placed in the  front, because it is wiry.  I had to keep my beard long while the donor spots healed under the chin.

Will the beard hair look natural on the head? Can you share photos of the marks on your chin after the surgery? Are there any marks now?

I'm attaching a video of Dr. Mohebi extracting grafts from the beard for a Beard to Scalp Transplant. I don't have access to any before and after photos at the moment, but will reach out to the office and follow up with them here. In the meantime, this will explain a lot and show you the procedure in action...

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

2 hours ago, pkipling said:

I'm attaching a video of Dr. Mohebi extracting grafts from the beard for a Beard to Scalp Transplant. I don't have access to any before and after photos at the moment, but will reach out to the office and follow up with them here. In the meantime, this will explain a lot and show you the procedure in action...

Is that a tech that’s simultaneously  implanting with the implanter in the crown? Are they trained in following the natural angles of hair?

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/19/2019 at 7:02 PM, LonelyGraft said:

Is that a tech that’s simultaneously  implanting with the implanter in the crown? Are they trained in following the natural angles of hair?

Yes, the technicians are trained in the placement of the grafts (using the Mohebi Inserter), and is how Dr. Mohebi is able to do simultaneous extraction , in which he extracts the grafts while a technician pulls them, another technician begins sorting and counting them, and another technician places the grafts into the sites Dr. Mohebi made at the beginning of the procedure. This minimizes the amount of time the grafts spend out of the body which preserves the integrity/life of the graft. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

The way Dr Mohebi is doing it here and with the extraction machine he is using, it seems he is getting out very healthy grafts.  IT would be great to see how this yields in the end.  Another doc did extract and put beard hairs in my crown but i feel it shocked more hairs and the yield of the beard hairs was not there at all.  Especially, in my crown which was virgin untouched tissue before.  I’ll have to get analysis and opinions from docs regarding what happened to my crown as well. It was poor yield and looks worse since then.  

This video does look promising that with proper protocol, healthy grafts can be extracted.   I like how Dr Mohebi takes grafts and quickly puts them back in, thus leaving less risks to follicle death from External exposures.

@guestY I had 1888 beard grafts extracted and implanted into my scalp. You can check my results thread below.