Shaving whith razor blade after Fue

I have never heard of this (but also have never heard of anyone wanting to take a razor blade to their hair after a hair transplant ;) )  - but waiting a year seems a bit excessive. Every clinic does have their own rules and guidelines, but those grafts are secure by day 10. In order to give the scalp time to heal before you take a blade to it, I'd wait several months at least - but once again, I've never heard this be addressed or requested. 

Clippers with zero guard is a different story, and I kept mine buzzed with a zero guard for the first couple months, starting around week 2 or so with no issues. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

8 hours ago, pkipling said:

I have never heard of this (but also have never heard of anyone wanting to take a razor blade to their hair after a hair transplant ;) )  - but waiting a year seems a bit excessive. Every clinic does have their own rules and guidelines, but those grafts are secure by day 10. In order to give the scalp time to heal before you take a blade to it, I'd wait several months at least - but once again, I've never heard this be addressed or requested. 

Clippers with zero guard is a different story, and I kept mine buzzed with a zero guard for the first couple months, starting around week 2 or so with no issues. 

why clippers is a different story , are razor are more dangerous ? How is that ?

15 hours ago, miropodolski said:

why clippers is a different story , are razor are more dangerous ? How is that ?

Clippers don't get as close to the skin as a razor does (even with no guard). A razor blade is as close to the skin as you can get, which could really cause irritation while the skin is healing. That's why I don't think the two are comparable in terms of how they can/should be used post-op. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56