Asmed dr. Koray 2652 uf FUE

Frankyeboy

Good morning,
this is the report of my surgery made on November 20th, 2018 at the Asmed clinic of dr. Koray Erdogan.
Starting from a very good situation I asked the clinic more symmetrical airline and to focus on the right temple.
I have always had an asymmetrical hairline and a greater receding hairline on the right side. My situation has been stable for years (I'm 41).
I left Rome on November 19th morning and in the afternoon of the same day I was visited by Dr. Koray who considered me fit for the operation with 2600 grafts. I did not request a lowering airline but I only requested an improvement in the hairline symmetry  and reconstruction of the right temple area. Looking to my situation 2600 uf seemed many but of course in these cases you have to rely on the doctor, and so I did. During the visit I was drawn the airline and on the same day I was shaved to zero.
The next morning I was picked up very early in the hotel and taken to the clinic where the operation began in a short time starting from the extraction of the follicular units. In the morning, during the surgery, team was stopped by dr. Koray to practice the incisions and immediately after the extractions started again. A short lunch break and in the afternoon work was resumed containing in grafts extractions. When extractions were completed dr. Koray equipe started implanting all graft extracted in the morning and afternoon.
On 21st November, after head washing and doctor medical examination, i was taken back to the hotel and returned to Rome in the afternoon.

I was really disappointed in no looking dr Koray during my surgery (he came only for skin incisions). also I didn't know that ,y grafts had to stay out from morning to evening before being impacted.

Intervention details:
Hair thickness: 56 microns;
Grafts implanted: 2652;
Treated Area: 55 cm square;

_DSC2622.JPG

_DSC2623.JPG

_DSC2624.JPG

_DSC2625.JPG

_DSC2626.JPG

_DSC2627.JPG

_DSC2628.JPG

_DSC2629.JPG

_DSC2630.JPG

24 minutes ago, Uncle drew said:

Yeah density is really low and also the doubles is a big mistake...have u been in touch with the clinic ?

Yes. Clinic asked me to come back for a repair. I didn’t agree because for me this is not a repair case, this hairtransplant is wrong.

there were used 2652 grafts for this results i don’t want lost other grafts. Dr. koray never came to take a look during the operation... he came only for incisions. I was operated by three unknown person from his equipe. I expecred him to check e control. I don’t trust Asmed anymore for this reason i answered that i’ll never come back.

surgery costs 6500 euro + journey (totally about 7000 euro)

Temple point work seemed so unnecessary.  You now have temples which are thicker than the sides above your ears.  Weird.

Would suggest correction at Konior or Nadimi.  1000 grafts + some punching out of doubles.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

1 hour ago, 1978matt said:

Temple point work seemed so unnecessary.  You now have temples which are thicker than the sides above your ears.  Weird.

Would suggest correction at Konior or Nadimi.  1000 grafts + some punching out of doubles.

Matt, i wanted only a little touch to right temple, i know it wasn’t so necessary. I only tought that going to a good doctor o could get my results. I wuold never imagine this bed result. I think that is possible a mistake and i know that a doctor can’t do all surgery, but i think that with more control from doctor some mistakes can be avoided. 
Now should plan another surgery because my situation is worst than pre surgery. I prefere a receding hairline than an hairline with this density.

Edited by Frankyeboy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 1978matt said:

+1

I always recommend to have a personal visit to the clinic before (!) the actual surgery. Discuss your plan with them and let them make a suggestion (e. g. draw a new hairline without shaving) and have pictures. Then you can look at the pictures and see if you like the plan before you go to surgery. Especially in such a non-standard case this is crucial. My case was also very particular, like this one. I visited three of the Belgian clinics (Bisanga, Lupanzula, Feriduni) and only one (!) came up with a plan I liked. 

ASMED seems to always shave first (mistake IMO) and then draw a hairline. And in 90 % of the cases they come up with a standard hairline. 

To judge the final result it would be great to see pre-op pics with hair pulled back. But the doubles and the unnecessary temple points (why do they always grow great at ASMED?) are a no-go for me. Donor looks incredible (great) even at surgery day: Always wonder if this is the connection to poor growth.  

1 hour ago, Gasthoerer said:

ASMED seems to always shave first (mistake IMO) and then draw a hairline.

I may be wrong, but not sure that is the case. Reading patient accounts, sounds as though the original hairline is drawn in the consultation without the hair shaved. Hair then shaved and the hairline then tweaked if required. Again, may be wrong but that's how it's sounds from reading the numerous write ups from ASMED patients.

1 hour ago, Fozzie said:

I may be wrong, but not sure that is the case. Reading patient accounts, sounds as though the original hairline is drawn in the consultation without the hair shaved. Hair then shaved and the hairline then tweaked if required. Again, may be wrong but that's how it's sounds from reading the numerous write ups from ASMED patients.

ASmed told me that they shave the head and then draw the hairline.

i planned to go there from 6/12 to 12/12. The operation days was 10 and 11.

they told me “we are sorry. We will shave your head the 7 to draw the hairline. So, during the weekend you will be bald and with the hairline designed on your head”

For the record: I didn't gp because I choose Pekiner at the very last moment

Edited by duchaine
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

I confirm that my hairline was drawn after shaving my head on 19th November. 

Ah think that's the first I've heard of them drawing a hairline after shaving the head to be honest. Couple of  cases here (Kristoff, Lordbaldwin. Templerunner, JayLDD for example), in their write up's mention the initial hairline was drawn in the consultation alongside donor area being examined/measured. Maybe something has changed.

Edited by Fozzie