Dr Wong / Female Hairline / 2399 / FUT / 11 months post-op

This Vancouver area patient in her mid-20’s came to Hasson & Wong hoping to improve her less than desirable hairline height and temple recession. With good donor hair density, above-average scalp laxity and no desire to shave her head in the future, FUT was chosen as the method of extraction. Dr. Wong and his team successfully harvested 2399 grafts to lower her hairline and address the temple recession to a create a more feminine looking framing. 663 grafts were single hair grafts, 1351 were doubles and 385 were multi-hair grafts. These photos were taken 11 months post-op

hair-restoration-surgery-2399-grafts-fro
hair-restoration-surgery-2399-grafts-lef
hair-restoration-surgery-2399-grafts-rig
hair-transplant-surgery-2399-grafts-plac

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

On 12/12/2019 at 5:03 PM, H & W Doug said:

This Vancouver area patient in her mid-20’s came to Hasson & Wong hoping to improve her less than desirable hairline height and temple recession. With good donor hair density, above-average scalp laxity and no desire to shave her head in the future, FUT was chosen as the method of extraction. Dr. Wong and his team successfully harvested 2399 grafts to lower her hairline and address the temple recession to a create a more feminine looking framing. 663 grafts were single hair grafts, 1351 were doubles and 385 were multi-hair grafts. These photos were taken 11 months post-op

Completely different hair styling in the before vs after pics really makes it difficult to assess the outcome. In the before pics, a hair barrette exposes the hairline. In the after pics, the hair is parted and draped over the temporal area. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

I disagree with the statement above, I think it’s clear that her hairline was lowered and the difference is drastic. 

Great job as always Dr. Wong🙏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The size of her forehead is significantly smaller and more feminine, the temple areas which before appeared masculine and recessed are visibly filled in. The contours more symmetrical, in the before photo the forehead virtually looks like a mans that is being slowly eaten by hairloss and lacks the pristine quality of the after. The afters look like a models hairline. 

Yes perhaps if the hair was pulled right back to expose the entire hairline (some of it is CLEARLY already exposed regardless) you might get a more complete picture but that isn't how the hair naturally sits, you can still see the central hairline and the style looks normal.  You also see the transplanted density at the part-line to compare behind in native areas.

Long story short, this is a very strong  result and if you can't see that from the photos you have poor aesthetic judgement. Sorry.

Edited by JayLDD

4 minutes ago, JayLDD said:

The size of her forehead is significantly smaller and more feminine, the temple areas which before appeared masculine and recessed are visibly filled in. The contours more symmetrical, in the before photo the forehead virtually looks like a mans that is being slowly eaten by hairloss and lacks the pristine quality of the after. The afters look like a models hairline. 

Yes perhaps if the hair was pulled right back to expose the entire hairline (some of it is CLEARLY already exposed regardless) you might get a more complete picture but that isn't how the hair naturally sits, you can still see the central hairline and the style looks normal.  You also see the transplanted density at the part-line to compare behind in native areas.

Long story short, this is a very strong  result and if you can't see that from the photos you have poor aesthetic judgement. Sorry.

This guy again. 

I never said that it was a failed result, or that the aesthetic change was poor. There does appear to be considerable improvement. The graft placement photos help in assessing the change as well, and not every clinic includes those. So kudos to HW for that. 

All I noted was that the before and after are clearly presented differently, likely in order accentuate both the hair loss in the before and the improvement in the after. The before pics were taken with the hairline deliberately and frankly exposed. The after a were taken with the hairline downplayed. Whether or not it was intentional I don’t know. But it isn’t debatable.

When a clinic presents results here, IMO they should make every effort to present the baseline and the results in as equivalent conditions as possible (lighting, angles, wet/dry, style, hairline exposure, etc) so that all in the community can truly judge. Whether that’s someone who is a self-proclaimed master of assessing aesthetics, or not. 

• Like 1

I understand your argument JayLDD, but I think there's a difference in being dishonest/deceitful with before and after photos (which I don't think this is) and realistically showing you what the hairline naturally looks like in day to day life, which one could argue is even more helpful to people looking at these photos... In this case specifically, the difference is noticeable and the results are evident and they're highlighting just how natural it looks in its natural state as she would wear it. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56