H. T number 2 with Dr Bisanga 2900 FUE

ukpaitent

2 hours ago, ukpaitent said:

HI, 4 months post op now. Nothing major to report, this is my 2nd HT so I know the drill and even though I have all the concerns that its not thick enough, not dense enough, etc etc etc, I am 4 months post op so I realise this is normal to think like this so I don't analyse it and patiently waiting for the 1 year mark. I would not normally wear my hair brushed back like this but as I had my temples lowered this is the only way to show the grafts that are growing as if I style it  more brushed forwrad it hides the grafts. My main aim is for the grafts in the temple areas to thicken and mature so that they blend in with my native hair, at the moment this is not the case for obvious reasons. I also hope for my  hair line to thicken and mature also as there are still gaps and a thinning appearance. Any questions or comments most welcome. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 17.41.56.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 17.41.15.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 17.40.55.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 17.40.32.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 17.40.21.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 17.40.04.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 17.39.52.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 17.39.35.png

Thx for the update. Looking good, it’s very early days, as you know. 

It looks like you keep your sides and back pretty short - how did your strip scar turn out from your first operation. Any pics of that? If I went ahead with the HT route I’d strongly consider FUT with Hasson for my first procedure, so just curious. 

11 hours ago, yesplease said:

Thx for the update. Looking good, it’s very early days, as you know. 

It looks like you keep your sides and back pretty short - how did your strip scar turn out from your first operation. Any pics of that? If I went ahead with the HT route I’d strongly consider FUT with Hasson for my first procedure, so just curious. 

My scar is pretty undetectable to be honest, but you have to have your hair at a certain length. As long as I don't shave the sides too high then you can notice it. The scar is pencil thin and a pinkish shade. 

image.png.00198d66a7cd3bc0cb64c41ad78b29a4.png

7 minutes ago, Marco Van Basten said:

Hi mate, looks like you will be in for a great result :)

You said you have been on fin for 9 years. Do you mind me asking what dosage, and if you have had any sides?

Thanks!

Hi, I try to take 1mg per day, however I can forget to take it at times, no major sides either 

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

5 month update, not really anything to update really. 5 months is still early on. The photos are taken with some natural light so in person the hair looks better. There has been more growth from 3 months to now, as it is only 5 months post op the transplanted hair still has to catch up with my native hair and become more unified & blended in. so I am hoping over  the next 7 months this will happen. It is very easy at this stage to become worried and think the transplant was a failure but I keep reminding myself its only month 5 and I have a lot more growing/maturing to do, This is my send procedure so I know the waiting game but still secretly worried it wont mature and grow more !!! My hair generally grows in an upward direction and I would not wear it like this but have not been able to have a haircut due to lockdown. I am hoping it will be nice to have an option to wear it shorter but brush it over to the side so I really do need the temple hair to be blended and matured into my native hair for this to happen.

IMG_3722.jpg

IMG_3723.jpg

IMG_3724.jpg

IMG_3725.jpg

IMG_3726.jpg

IMG_3727.jpg

2 hours ago, ukpaitent said:

Hi

5 month update, not really anything to update really. 5 months is still early on. The photos are taken with some natural light so in person the hair looks better. There has been more growth from 3 months to now, as it is only 5 months post op the transplanted hair still has to catch up with my native hair and become more unified & blended in. so I am hoping over  the next 7 months this will happen. It is very easy at this stage to become worried and think the transplant was a failure but I keep reminding myself its only month 5 and I have a lot more growing/maturing to do, This is my send procedure so I know the waiting game but still secretly worried it wont mature and grow more !!! My hair generally grows in an upward direction and I would not wear it like this but have not been able to have a haircut due to lockdown. I am hoping it will be nice to have an option to wear it shorter but brush it over to the side so I really do need the temple hair to be blended and matured into my native hair for this to happen.

IMG_3722.jpg

IMG_3723.jpg

IMG_3724.jpg

IMG_3725.jpg

IMG_3726.jpg

IMG_3727.jpg

Usually in 5-6 months you will see 80-90% how your hair transplant looks. You have the same problem as me, I can see the scalp through your hair because the density is lacking.80%  I will say you will need a third HT for density.

Edited by Clark.Ethan

5 minutes ago, Clark.Ethan said:

Usually in 5-6 months you will see 80-90% how your hair transplant looks. You have the same problem as me, I can see the scalp through your hair because the density is lacking.80%  I will say you will need a third HT for density.

Hi Many thanks for the feedback, I didn't think at month 5 I would see 80% of the result, I was thinking more 50%.. 

Just now, ukpaitent said:

Hi Many thanks for the feedback, I didn't think at month 5 I would see 80% of the result, I was thinking more 50%.. 

Yeah man, I am just realistic, sorry to make you dissapointed. You should see some growth in 6 month as well. But after 6 months the hair is already 80-90% of your result..Maybe I am wrong but that's how it was to almost all cases I saw. I wish you come with pictures in 7 month with a full dense hair and to not need a third HT

1 minute ago, Clark.Ethan said:

Yeah man, I am just realistic, sorry to make you dissapointed. You should see some growth in 6 month as well. But after 6 months the hair is already 80-90% of your result..Maybe I am wrong but that's how it was to almost all cases I saw. I wish you come with pictures in 7 month with a full dense hair and to not need a third HT

Hey,

Im not disappointed at all, I just think it is maybe a little early to to be considering 3rd HT by this stage.  

14 minutes ago, Clark.Ethan said:

I disagree here. Probably more like 50-60% of final growth is achieved by month 6, although there is +\- variability from person to person, of course. 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 1:38 PM, Danny1671 said:

Your hair loss 9 years ago was very similar to mine before I saw Dr Bisanga in October for 4300 fue grafts.  I had a great experience there and at 2 months in, there is already an improvement.  I’m sure you will get a great result.  

What did Dr Bisanga say about your donor supply in terms of density and hair characteristics and groupings?  

The hairline looks design looks great, did the Dr advise a conservative approach or happy to be less conservative?

Hope you heal well I look forward to following your journey!

Cheers

How are things looking for you now at the 7ish month mark? 

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Clark.Ethan said:

That’s not true, not everyone grows at the same rate. In general, 6 months is about 50%. Take a look at @hairvanity he was unhappy around 6 months, and by 18 he was happy. There are those rare freaks that grow 80-90% by 6 months, but they are the exception, not the rule.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, ukpaitent said:

Hi

IMG_3722.jpg

IMG_3723.jpg

IMG_3724.jpg

IMG_3725.jpg

IMG_3726.jpg

IMG_3727.jpg

Looking good. As you know, just have to be patient for now. 

quick question - why did you decide to lower your hairline with HT #2 rather than just adding density to and behind the original HT1 hairline? 

5 minutes ago, yesplease said:

Looking good. As you know, just have to be patient for now. 

quick question - why did you decide to lower your hairline with HT #2 rather than just adding density to and behind the original HT1 hairline? 

Hi, My hairline was never lowered originally and this time around I wanted some temple work. The hairline has not been lowered as such just the temples filled in.

If this is your second transplant it's probably going to take longer for it to grow than it did the first time around because the tissue isn't as pristine as it was before any transplants.

I wouldn't worry just yet.

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2020 at 9:37 AM, Clark.Ethan said:

I think I agree with this. Ukpatient, your results look similar to the results I had with Dr. Bisanga. Honestly I was a bit disappointed in my outcome as well as my hairline ended up see thru and lacking density.

Edited by jmghair

On 6/25/2020 at 7:56 AM, jmghair said:

I think I agree with this. Ukpatient, your results look similar to the results I had with Dr. Bisanga. Honestly I was a bit disappointed in my outcome as well as my hairline ended up see thru and lacking density.

Hey, I will be posting month 7 mid July. I do feel that It is lacking density and see through but I am 6.5 months and will give it a few more months to mature. Did you go back for a top up etc? Do you have any pics ?

On 6/26/2020 at 4:03 PM, ukpaitent said:

Hey, I will be posting month 7 mid July. I do feel that It is lacking density and see through but I am 6.5 months and will give it a few more months to mature. Did you go back for a top up etc? Do you have any pics ?

I do have pictures. I ended up going the FUT route as I felt the 1800 FUE gave me poor results.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

So here is my 7months update pics, I did not post 6 months pics as there was no really changes from 5 months to 6 months. Firstly I think it is very important to mention the following points as there is always more to the story than the picture.

: My natural hair is extremely thin and always was

: My hair grows in crazy different directions, Hasson & Wong told me this on HT No.1, Dr Bisanga told me this on HT No.2, barbers have been telling me all my life. My reason for mentioning this is that I can not really wear my hair in a brushed forward style because of the different hair growth directions  as it just does not sit forward so I usually have  always had to style my hair in  a more brushed back style. The pictures are extreme brushed back for photo purposes only so you can get to see exactly what is going o in the recipient areas. When styling my hair I do my best not to brush it so extremely back as we all know a hair transplant is an illusion of density so you do have to work with this illusion and style it in the best way you can. 

: I have tried to take pictures in different lighting settings, I have an older style I phone so quality is not  great.

I still have 5 months to go until the 12 month mark and then even beyond things can thicken up. At this stage I am slightly worried that the density is just not there and transplanted hairs in the hairline are not blended in with my native hair which is an issue, however I have 5 months to see if this is going to be an issue. In person my hair looks better than it does in the pictures.  I do not want to get to the 12 month mark and still be trying to style my hair in a way that I am having to hide the lack of density etc, but at the same time I do understand that I am not going to have a full head of hair like in my 20's ( I am 44) but my main achievement I want from this transplant is for my native hair and the transplanted hair in the hairline and directly behind it to be blended so it looks natural, at the moment it looks unantural.  I dont think anybody is really satisfied at the 7month mark and I am experienced enough to know things can improve over the next 5 months. Dr Bisnaga and the wonderful Hilde will look after me and if a top up is needed this will be done. Of course I would rather not have to do this again but sometimes you just have to. 

Feedback and comment's are always appreciated. 

Thanks for reading thumbnail_Image-4.jpg.2d5325af67db55e39788818cf30059f4.jpgthumbnail_Image-5.thumb.jpg.cc803e9c9c42f72c97503b28559d79b4.jpgthumbnail_Image-6.thumb.jpg.11a717ed3da08d1f6701c241696d2a39.jpgImage.jpeg.1fe3314d29a242e80c942172b7190d27.jpegthumbnail_Image-2.thumb.jpg.3d9a248cc70c218d731be76e92b78aac.jpgImage-3.jpeg.73860720802d9651e84c61c715beb3ec.jpegImage-2.jpeg.1160f1d1f3f8c9bd502c4b77b059c877.jpegthumbnail_Image-3.thumb.jpg.948e466db802721c02ad1f37a181b0c6.jpg

I can't tell if it's just something with the camera focus or the lighting, but the hairline is looking fuller in this latest set of photos than the last. Assuming this isn't a photography discrepancy I'd say this looks on the right track. The transplanted hair looks a bit thicker and seems to blend better with the native hair than in your previous update. 

15 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I can't tell if it's just something with the camera focus or the lighting, but the hairline is looking fuller in this latest set of photos than the last. Assuming this isn't a photography discrepancy I'd say this looks on the right track. The transplanted hair looks a bit thicker and seems to blend better with the native hair than in your previous update. 

Hi Yes that is correct the hairline is fuller. The previous pics I posted were of 5 months post op and todays pics I posted are 7 months. I always take pics that shows the imperfections. Thanks for your comment 😉