Best Place/Clinic for FUE with SMP

elicochin

Dear Forum Members,

After years of walking around the issue, I have decided to go for an FUE surgery to address my NW6 pattern baldness. One of the options I am considering is to get low density FUE with SMP considering I have been buzz-cutting my hair for more than 8 years now. What would you think of a very low density FUE hair transplant with like 100 - 200 grafts in the hairline and mid-scalp to have a thicker, better and more realistic hairline and even less grafts  for the crown zone like 15 grafts/cm^2 ? Then get an SMP to improve the look.

Any response would be greatly appreciated; Thank you in advance.

Link to my Profile pictures

In my opinion you would be only dancing around the issue. When you are on the table you should give it your best shot. No point in half going it.The amount of grafts you mentioned would be only for a tiny tiny area. I think you should push forward and discuss everything with your Doctor. As you are going to go there eventually .

All the best Josh .

.......Paddy.....

• Moderators

Just thinking here, but I wonder what would happen if you used a thousand beard grafts instead of head grafts to give you the low density hair transplant that you are talking about and then went with SMP as you are thinking. This way you would not have any FUE scars at all on your head and would not have to worry about being able to buzz down due to that, yet you still get the 3D appearance and feel of having hair that SMP alone can't give you.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators

I would ask some SMP clinics if they work with any hair transplant Drs to do what you are thinking of.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 12/12/2019 at 9:41 AM, paddyirishman said:

In my opinion you would be only dancing around the issue. When you are on the table you should give it your best shot. No point in half going it.The amount of grafts you mentioned would be only for a tiny tiny area. I think you should push forward and discuss everything with your Doctor. As you are going to go there eventually .

All the best Josh .

.......Paddy.....

Dear Paddy, Many thanks for your prompt response!

The main reason I was considering this route because of the fact (based on the feedback from this forum) that I do not have enough donor supply to restore a long hair style. Even if I go with your suggestions of 'best shot' utilizing the maximum donor supply,  I think I will still not be able to achieve a 'full hair' look (and I beg to be wrong in this case). I also think that (based on the feedback from people around me) I do not look that bad with my current short hairstyle. So what I was aiming for an improved less bald look with a receded hairline that would give a decent frame to my face. And because of the the number of hairs extracted from the scalp are less, the scarring would be less allowing me to keep the short hairstyle. And may be even use SMP to tone down whatever scar I may end up with.

8 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Just thinking here, but I wonder what would happen if you used a thousand beard grafts instead of head grafts to give you the low density hair transplant that you are talking about and then went with SMP as you are thinking. This way you would not have any FUE scars at all on your head and would not have to worry about being able to buzz down due to that, yet you still get the 3D appearance and feel of having hair that SMP alone can't give you.

WoW! Thanks for that out-of-the-box thinking BeHappy!

Beard grafts were definitely a consideration for me, but I always thought of using them along with scalp grafts. With your logic, I could keep the same short-hair style without having to worry about the FUE scars. I was considering this short-hair path mainly because of the fact that I do not have enough donor supply to restore a long hair style. However, I am not sure if beard grafts alone can be used to restore hairline and temples and this needs to be confirmed with a surgeon. May be I can use scalp grafts just enough for the hairline and temples so that whatever scars it may leave would be minimal.

This is one of my initial thoughts while I first started researching for a ht

Make yourself a good hairline with fue and keep your head buzzed/shaved. I thought that only smp would achieve this however as a smp user, it does not.(I will write that up in another thread.)

I really don't see any approach like this since many nw6 can use their shaved head with a hairline that frames the face . As for the fue scarring, I myself wouldn't care anything about it since i believe it does not good bad at all. (Again, my opinion.) I have a friend who had fue who razor shaves once a week and don't mind the fue scar at all and have the shade of a hairline.  

10 hours ago, azazelgs said:

This is one of my initial thoughts while I first started researching for a ht

Make yourself a good hairline with fue and keep your head buzzed/shaved. I thought that only smp would achieve this however as a smp user, it does not.(I will write that up in another thread.)

I really don't see any approach like this since many nw6 can use their shaved head with a hairline that frames the face . As for the fue scarring, I myself wouldn't care anything about it since i believe it does not good bad at all. (Again, my opinion.) I have a friend who had fue who razor shaves once a week and don't mind the fue scar at all and have the shade of a hairline.  

Thank you Azazelgs! I would love hear your SMP experience. Did you combined SMP with FUE? Did you get both done at same place? Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

7 hours ago, jjsrader said:

Shapiro group if you want both done at the same place.  You'll surely pay 'top-shelf' prices for it though.

Thank you jjsrader! I have come across the name and will certainly look them up.

9 hours ago, elicochin said:

Thank you Azazelgs! I would love hear your SMP experience. Did you combined SMP with FUE? Did you get both done at same place? Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

No, I didnt combine fue with smp, just done smp with Beauty Medical , Italy.

Now , I will go to a laser removal clinic next month to get it removed. I will write about my experience probably in another thread , as a smp user for 7 years.

On 12/16/2019 at 2:21 PM, jjsrader said:

Shapiro group if you want both done at the same place.  You'll surely pay 'top-shelf' prices for it though.

Agree with this. Nicole at SMG does all of the SMP work in the same office.

• Thanks 1