Recommendations for FUT, FUE, Combination of FUT+FUE , BHT

There can be several reasons for this. 
You could be undergoing the shedding phase and are due for regrowth in sometime. 
Or you could be heading towards your initial hairloss stage. Not everyone respons to fin and minox in the same way. 
I had the same experience initially. I regrew massive amounts of hair but my body "probably" adjusted to the meds and I quickly went down the spiral of massive hairloss and never quite recovered.

I switched to Dutasteride more than 2 years ago. No improvements on that either. The only thing that was made any improvement to my hair was dermarolling. But I got lazy and stopped it and lost all my gains.

Thanks @tressful11. I was on Dutasteride for first three months, but didn't see much improvements compared to what I saw in 2 months of Finasteride, to which I switched on a doctor's recommendation. Haven't tried dermarolling yet, but have been thinking about it too. 

• 1 month later...

Something inconsistent about hair growth over the recent months. I see my hair a bit "better" than photos from previous month. I also was not taking Fin or applying Minoxidil for the past 20+ days or so. Surprised how the hair looks almost as good as before, without any additional shedding.  My hair was longer in the previous month, and shorter in this month. But it looks like the shorter hair (from this month) looks to give an illusion of more coverage compared to previous month. 

Hairloss-12-07-2020 (Pixelated).jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I'm mostly annoyed how my hair curls all the time, even after I groom it properly. Mostly this happens when my hair is wet or sweaty. For this reason alone I go for a short hair cut. Is this hair texture, hair curling due to balding or hair thinning?  This looks so ugly and I hate this >.< 

curly_curly.jpg

Posting my monthly progress here. I started using PROSCAR (to save some $$). I bought a pill cutter, and take around the 1.25MG on daily/once in two days basis. But I have only started taking the new med. Sometimes long hair is a bit annoying — itching, curly curly hair, which always denies to be combed properly lol.. 

2121751017_Hairloss-06-08-2020(Pixellated).thumb.jpg.f69322e99181b4d9e5f9c263d9105cf1.jpg

On 8/4/2020 at 11:42 PM, skallig said:

I'm mostly annoyed how my hair curls all the time, even after I groom it properly. Mostly this happens when my hair is wet or sweaty. For this reason alone I go for a short hair cut. Is this hair texture, hair curling due to balding or hair thinning?  This looks so ugly and I hate this

I know exactly what you mean. I have that curly wave to my hair too and it's terrible when you have tin hair. If I cut my hair too short then it doesn't cover the thin areas enough, but if I let it grow longer then it curls up and away from my scalp and look even worse and ends up covering less area than when it's shorter.

On 8/4/2020 at 11:42 PM, skallig said:

I'm mostly annoyed how my hair curls all the time, even after I groom it properly. Mostly this happens when my hair is wet or sweaty. For this reason alone I go for a short hair cut. Is this hair texture, hair curling due to balding or hair thinning?  This looks so ugly and I hate this >.< 

curly_curly.jpg

The curls are likely related to thinner hair in the area and balding areas behind it which under normal circumstances would support these hair and add to density. On thinning head, hair grown too long or cut too short won't look good, you have to find that in-between sweet spot.

Typically having sides and back cut short makes thinning areas on the top look better...not always but in most cases. 

Good luck! 

Edited by InterventionalPDoc
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@BeHappy @InterventionalPDoc Also my hair on the centre grows slower compared to hair on side, so I always have a problem the centre (crown area) will have less dense hair and the sides have thicker denser hair, which somehow highlights my balding. However when I cut my hair really short the baldness is not really revealed, just overall short hair across. 

Edited by ciaus
Edited out, I was at the bottom of page 1 thought that was the end of the topic currently, just was commenting about adding minox back and you already have.
44 minutes ago, skallig said:

I'm just on Fin now @ciaus, stopped Minox not due to any side-effects, but the hassle of watery applicant at night, and it somehow makes my hair sticky and oily looking on the next day. 

Have you tried the minox foam? dries quick and no oily/sticky residue.