Frequency of PRP after Hair Transplant Procedure ?

Should have been done at the time of the procedure.  This will typically help bring the work in sooner and also help with reversing miniaturization. Did the doctor not suggest this to you?

But now...you can get started at any time.  How often after that? It depends.

Do you know how much  they'll be doing?  (a syringe size, or greater)? Call and ask how much blood they typically draw. Do they use anything to bind the PRP?   I will also ask they show you photos of results.  

The problem with PRP is that only a handful of doctors have found the "right way" of doing things.  Most are getting 0 results.  It's like the old West, every man for himself.  I honestly do not expect any change until everyone comes together to compare notes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LaserCap said:

Should have been done at the time of the procedure.  This will typically help bring the work in sooner and also help with reversing miniaturization. Did the doctor not suggest this to you?

But now...you can get started at any time.  How often after that? It depends.

Do you know how much  they'll be doing?  (a syringe size, or greater)? Call and ask how much blood they typically draw. Do they use anything to bind the PRP?   I will also ask they show you photos of results.  

The problem with PRP is that only a handful of doctors have found the "right way" of doing things.  Most are getting 0 results.  It's like the old West, every man for himself.  I honestly do not expect any change until everyone comes together to compare notes.

Yes it was done first time during the procedure just before the procedure and after that after a month they did the second time,  so now going forward at what intervals should i keep doing it and till when ? is what i wanted to know in particular !

Many doctors have different protocols for PRP. While many doctors are still on the fence as to whether or not PRP has any real value. I have heard of doctors performing PRP ranging from every month to every 4 months. Might also want to look into Exosomes which may be much more effective in helping hair loss patients.

5 hours ago, augustya said:

Yes it was done first time during the procedure just before the procedure and after that after a month they did the second time,  so now going forward at what intervals should i keep doing it and till when ? is what i wanted to know in particular !

If they are doing them that frequently it kind of tells me they are not doing much per time. Perhaps a syringe size.  My first question, have you seen any results from the transplant? If they did enough you should.

When you first spoke with the doctor, did he tell you how many sessions would be included with your first purchase?

Call the practice and find out what their protocol is.

29 minutes ago, LaserCap said:

If they are doing them that frequently it kind of tells me they are not doing much per time.

We do not have enough data to say how much volume per session and how much frequency are needed.
Anyway, from my personal experience, the docs that go for higher frequency use the same volume/session that the docs going for less frequent sessions.

3 minutes ago, duchaine said:

We do not have enough data to say how much volume per session and how much frequency are needed.
Anyway, from my personal experience, the docs that go for higher frequency use the same volume/session that the docs going for less frequent sessions.

Just call and ask!

Higher frequency, less material - to call it that. 

I know of doctors that do a much greater amount and do it every 3 months.  I know of others that little at a time every two weeks.

To use the same volume and just change the frequency makes no sense.

But like I said a the beginning.  Most don't know what they're doing and are not being successful.  Perhaps one day everyone will get together and change notes.  It will truly help those that need it.  At the end of the day is about helping humanity.

13 minutes ago, LaserCap said:

To use the same volume and just change the frequency makes no sense.

I can't follow you. 10 mm every 2 months is not necessary the same of 5mm/monthly. 
Frequency is related to the duration of the effect of a single treatment.
Volume is related to how much you need to Get the best result from the single treatment.
If you double the volume, that doesn't make the single treatment last longer.
And if you double the frequency, that doesn't mean you need to reduce volume/session.

Edited by duchaine

6 hours ago, Dr. Glenn Charles said:

Many doctors have different protocols for PRP. While many doctors are still on the fence as to whether or not PRP has any real value. I have heard of doctors performing PRP ranging from every month to every 4 months. Might also want to look into Exosomes which may be much more effective in helping hair loss patients.

Dr Charles - Can you share more info on exosomes; first time hearing about this and was planning PRP.

What's the cost of exosome treatment? Is it a one time thing or does it have to be done repeatedly.