Who does the best temple work in Turkey?

KSmithy

Hi guys,

I had a hair transplant but they did not do anything on the temples, I think it looks a bit weird that there is a dense solid hairline but thinning wispy temples. Just wondered if anyone knew of a place in Turkey that does great and natural work on the temples?

Thanks,

K

Is everyone forgetting keser? I don’t understand the recent fascination with pekiner. He’s a decent doctor but everyone is throwing his name around like he’s the guru. He’s young and trained at hlc. Id personally say any of the hlc doctors are as capable as pekiner (he is cheaper than hlc however).

@fuzz916 Avoid the istagram pages, facebook of the sites of these semi-unknown clinics, if you want advice, search and study well the cases of real users in the various forums, and be careful that even the forums are often not ethical and honest, there are some  that are paid by the clinics to show only the successful cases and deleted those that were not successful, especially in Europe but not HRN, one of the few honest forums.

On 12/16/2019 at 11:04 PM, Egy said:

@fuzz916 Avoid the istagram pages, facebook of the sites of these semi-unknown clinics, if you want advice, search and study well the cases of real users in the various forums, and be careful that even the forums are often not ethical and honest, there are some  that are paid by the clinics to show only the successful cases and deleted those that were not successful, especially in Europe but not HRN, one of the few honest forums.

Thanks Egy.  Totally makes sense.  Their page is amazing with the facility and all, but I totally get ya.  Definitely need more than just flashy pics.  Thanks.

• Like 1

• Administrators

My question is why Turkey? There are excellent surgeons all over the world, contrary to popular belief Turkey has very few quality surgeons.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 12/20/2019 at 6:07 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

My question is why Turkey? There are excellent surgeons all over the world, contrary to popular belief Turkey has very few quality surgeons.

It's simply about price for me, I don't have much money. I can stretch to afford the more trusted and experienced doctors in Turkey and even then it's still like a fraction of the price in the UK. Plus, I haven't really seen any great work from the UK.  I'd be open to any other country really but I don't know where else you can get a great surgeon for under 3 euros a graft.

• Like 2

• Administrators
18 hours ago, KSmithy said:

It's simply about price for me, I don't have much money. I can stretch to afford the more trusted and experienced doctors in Turkey and even then it's still like a fraction of the price in the UK. Plus, I haven't really seen any great work from the UK.  I'd be open to any other country really but I don't know where else you can get a great surgeon for under 3 euros a graft.

You're better off saving money, there are still some quality surgeons in Europe that aren't as expensive as the UK, check out Bisanga. If something goes wrong in Turkey what is your recourse? Are you a patient or a number. These are things you should consider first.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

7 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You're better off saving money, there are still some quality surgeons in Europe that aren't as expensive as the UK, check out Bisanga. If something goes wrong in Turkey what is your recourse? Are you a patient or a number. These are things you should consider first.

These too are wise words. 

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

If something goes wrong in Turkey what is your recourse? Are you a patient or a number. These are things you should consider first.

I tend to disagree with this simplification. If sth happens anywhere you are screwed: No one can replace lost grafts. BUT: Temples are really difficult to create. There are a few top clinic in turkey but then you are typically to the low prices you might like to see (I would guess 3-3.5 €/FU for the clinics I like; HLC, Keser, Kaan might be still a little cheaper). Belgium and Spain might be alternatives but are typically 0.5-2 € above the top clinics in turkey. 

You might take a look into Ferreira in Portugal or to Cyprus (Michaelis). Have seen some got stuff for less. 

• Administrators
21 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

I tend to disagree with this simplification. If sth happens anywhere you are screwed: No one can replace lost grafts. BUT: Temples are really difficult to create. There are a few top clinic in turkey but then you are typically to the low prices you might like to see (I would guess 3-3.5 €/FU for the clinics I like; HLC, Keser, Kaan might be still a little cheaper). Belgium and Spain might be alternatives but are typically 0.5-2 € above the top clinics in turkey. 

You might take a look into Ferreira in Portugal or to Cyprus (Michaelis). Have seen some got stuff for less. 

Unfortunately, I have come to realize that a lot of surgeons in Turkey, censor their patients. In my opinion, this skews the reality of their results. Not every surgeon of course, the ones recommended by us most definitely cannot censor patients. 

• Like 2

View my thread

Since there are no guarantees by some docs for this particular elective procedure your not really saving any money.  You go to expensive surgeon and shit hits the fan, tough luck your out tons of money and a piss poor result.  You go to a cheaper surgeon and shit hits the fan, your not out of too much money but you still have a piss poor result.  

But from experience, it doesnt matter if you go to a known doc as it is mostly marketing.  You can still end up screwed.  What you need to do is Study the ethics of the doc, the surgical protocol, the method, the graft yields, the real patients vs clinic posted ones, the patients you can see in person.  Very few are true and follow ethics, very few reach out and help their own unhappy patients, some do it for the money, very few do it due to passion and genuinely helping people.  Hell, some docs keep changing patient reps on you as point of contacts with you when you question the result and damages. These are all strategies.  You need to be aware of them and in the end, a lot of business relationships end up being los big time, including between doctors and other doctors.  I actually know of cases like that.  Patients and doctors and so forth.   

In the end, expensive or not, its about protocol and not about turkey or europe or usa or canada.  It is all about ethics and surgical protocol by that doctor you choose.  

Some folks wish they can turn back time. 

best of luck

• Like 2

Ksmithy most of the price quotes here are wrong but one advice is right, save more money and go to a quality doctor not a a hair mill clinic or you will end up having to pay a quality Doctor to repair your messed up surgery.

I also looked for the best Doctor with the best price but I wanted a Doctor that did the whole procedure himself (most clinics have low paid techs do most of the work).

1. Dr. Kaan Pekiner 2.15€/graft (The best HT doctor in Turkey and one of the best Doctors in the world for beard FUE

2. Dr. Bruno Ferreira 2.5€/graft (He has his own clinic in Porto and is the medical assistant of Jose Lorenzo one of the best FUE Docs in the world) 

3. Dr. Ximena Villa 2.5€/graft (was the previous Medical assistant of Jose Lorenzo and now is fully devoted to her Madrid clinic) 

No other world class Doctor will provide you with a surgery fully performed by the Doctor at these prices.

I am now in Ankara with Dr Pekiner having 2000 FUE from the head plus 1500 from the beard. 
My 5 star Hotel across the street costs 45€/night and room service dinner cost 7€. 

Wish you the best of luck and strongly urge you to save up and go with one these 3 Doctors. 

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Portugal25 said:

Ksmithy most of the price quotes here are wrong but one advice is right, save more money and go to a quality doctor not a a hair mill clinic or you will end up having to pay a quality Doctor to repair your messed up surgery.

I also looked for the best Doctor with the best price but I wanted a Doctor that did the whole procedure himself (most clinics have low paid techs do most of the work).

1. Dr. Kaan Pekiner 2.15€/graft (The best HT doctor in Turkey and one of the best Doctors in the world for beard FUE

2. Dr. Bruno Ferreira 2.5€/graft (He has his own clinic in Porto and is the medical assistant of Jose Lorenzo one of the best FUE Docs in the world) 

3. Dr. Ximena Villa 2.5€/graft (was the previous Medical assistant of Jose Lorenzo and now is fully devoted to her Madrid clinic) 

No other world class Doctor will provide you with a surgery fully performed by the Doctor at these prices.

I am now in Ankara with Dr Pekiner having 2000 FUE from the head plus 1500 from the beard. 
My 5 star Hotel across the street costs 45€/night and room service dinner cost 7€. 

Wish you the best of luck and strongly urge you to save up and go with one these 3 Doctors. 

Hey buddy, I'll be there in one week. So, please...let the doc relax so he won't be tired when I'll meet him" lol

PS: I'll be there with a friend of mine giving me the favor to assist me during the trip.
I would like to know something about the  block. It is a nice place to visit for my friend while I'll be having my ht?

Edited by duchaine

I was thinking of bringing my wife with me but thank god I didn’t as this is not Istambul, freezing cold and nothing of great interest to see or do. 

I came alone and stronghly advise you to do the same as you need to rest for the surgery and recover in bed afterwards  instead of having to worry about your friend’s utter boredom. 

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1