#BAM Filling in a Thinning Hairline (2255 FUT): Carlos K. Wesley, M.D.

This patient underwent a follicular unit transplant (FUT) session with Dr. Carlos K. Wesley in which a total of 2255 grafts were placed  

The hair follicles were incubated in autologous (his own) platelet rich plasma (PRP) throughout the duration of the procedure.  This, combined with an ATP-containing storage solution has been shown to enhance survival of transplanted hairs.

As with all of Dr. Wesley’s patients, the patient  was NOT required to cut his hair for the procedure.  As a result, this patient was able to return comfortably to work and social activities within approximately 7-10 days of his procedure.

The patient returned one year  after the procedure and images of this patient can be seen below.  

9641585B-190C-4C9F-B367-22CDC8BD07F5.jpeg

30014A0D-992A-46C7-BE94-D59573510D86.jpeg

644685D7-BDCA-4EAC-A884-1BB37DF23CCE.jpeg

9CEF461B-34E0-4FD2-BF15-82A96FEF497F.jpeg

I have worked with 26 different hair restoration doctors throughout my career. I have now been a nurse with Dr. Wesley for more than a decade.

Dr. Carlos Wesley is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

1050 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10028

Ph (844) 745-6362

www.drcarloswesley.com

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, stephcurry30 said:

Wesley has been without a doubt one of the best surgeons with providing lack of photos of graft placement and just showing before and after photos.

Doesn't even follow up with questions on this forum from various posters. Be aware.

Even though this is true, Comments like these have resulted in me getting warning points and temporary bans. Just a heads up 

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2020 at 5:39 PM, LonelyGraft said:

Even though this is true, Comments like these have resulted in me getting warning points and temporary bans. Just a heads up 

If it's true why would I get banned?

This is a free speech forum. I am not slandering or talking about any surgeon negatively without any factual basis. 

On 1/11/2020 at 6:39 PM, LonelyGraft said:

Hold on. If the comments are true why would he get banned? I've noticed similar things about carlos wesley too. You cant get banned for telling the truth. It goes against the purpose of this forum to provide transparent help.

"If you see something say something" is a slogan from where I'm at. If I see something I voice it as warning to help all.

Stephcurry30 you did the right thing bro. Keep it up and dont let anyone derail you.

Edited by killa

10 minutes ago, killa said:

Hold on. If the comments are true why would he get banned? I've noticed similar things about carlos wesley too. You cant get banned for telling the truth. It goes against the purpose of this forum to provide transparent help.

"If you see something say something" is a slogan from where I'm at. If I see something I voice it as warning to help all.

Stephcurry30 you did the right thing bro. Keep it up and dont let anyone derail you.

Look. I’m not telling anyone to not post or not say anything specific. I just told him about my own experience. There was a clinic on here that posted before and after pics with totally different lighting and backgrounds. I kept commenting that they needed to change it and it looked bad. Then I was issued warning points and banned after the clinic reported me.

5 minutes ago, LonelyGraft said:

Look. I’m not telling anyone to not post or not say anything specific. I just told him about my own experience. There was a clinic on here that posted before and after pics with totally different lighting and backgrounds. I kept commenting that they needed to change it and it looked bad. Then I was issued warning points and banned after the clinic reported me.

Ok I understand. But it doesnt make sense for a forum thats out here helping people to do that. I cant comment on how the forum handled your case. But maybe it was the way you complained about it, but I dont know just saying. But let me know or pm me the clinic or page in question. i can look into it and judge for myselfs.

Edited by killa
  • Thanks 1

On 2/15/2020 at 6:47 PM, killa said:

Ok I understand. But it doesnt make sense for a forum thats out here helping people to do that. I cant comment on how the forum handled your case. But maybe it was the way you complained about it, but I dont know just saying. But let me know or pm me the clinic or page in question. i can look into it and judge for myselfs.

AGREED

On 2/15/2020 at 11:47 PM, killa said:

Surgeon's have to pay for their recommendation here. If they don't pay they don't get recommended, even if they are the best in the world. In my opinion, some clinics here have far too many poor results to justify being recommended. It's all about money, not about helping people. It should be used as a source to view before and afters, nothing more.

23 hours ago, jonnyalex said:

Surgeon's have to pay for their recommendation here. If they don't pay they don't get recommended, even if they are the best in the world. In my opinion, some clinics here have far too many poor results to justify being recommended. It's all about money, not about helping people. It should be used as a source to view before and afters, nothing more.

Wait a very long minute. You're sayiing clinics pay this website to be able to be recommended on it?? Tf??? Ok I'm getting spaced out in the mind now. If thats true and trust me I'm not disbelieving you since this is the 1st time reading this, but is this site  funded by clinics or am i wrong about that?

I'm very confused and possibly disaappointed now. Let me know that and hope you can support that claim. Again I'm not disbelieving you since its possible but I'd like to know for sure.

Edited by killa

8 hours ago, killa said:

Wait a very long minute. You're sayiing clinics pay this website to be able to be recommended on it?? Tf??? Ok I'm getting spaced out in the mind now. If thats true and trust me I'm not disbelieving you since this is the 1st time reading this, but is this site  funded by clinics or am i wrong about that?

I'm very confused and possibly disaappointed now. Let me know that and hope you can support that claim. Again I'm not disbelieving you since its possible but I'd like to know for sure.

Yes, it is funded by their payments. Others will confirm this.

• Valued Contributor
17 hours ago, killa said:

wow. tahnks for letting me know. I'll be on guard for that while I'm on here. Very unfortunate

This is still one of the very best forums to get real patient reviews of doctors. While it is true that doctors pay fees to the site they are also paying them to help keep the site running. That’s my understanding, at least. Maybe @Melvin-Moderator can help shed some light on this, though. In order for a doctor to be recommended here they have to go through a vetting process by us, the members. If they are chosen then they start to pay fees. If a doctor’s work starts to slip they are held accountable and they could be booted from being recommended here. It’s happened at least twice in the last decade. The forum has gotten a lot of flack in the past because of doctors paying fees here. I’ve, personally, never had a problem with it. Unfortunately money makes the world go round and it’s just as true for those that help make this site possible.

That’s only how I look at it. Not everyone agrees with me and that’s fine.

I’m just sayin’, had I not found this site I might have made a bad choice while looking for a doctor. OR I might not have had the procedure at all. I’d still be a sad bald sack.

That’s my 2 cents but I totally respect those who have a problem with it. They have they’re reasons, also.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
On 2/16/2020 at 10:42 PM, jonnyalex said:

Jonny, 

You know very well that this is not true, we are patient advocates first and foremost, yes our recommended surgeons sponsor the forum, but to say we’re only in it for the money is a total lie.

None of our recommendations are set in stone, a few year ago we cut loose Dr. Doganay, because we found him to no longer meet our standards. It’s clear that you’re not happy with Dr. Erdogan, and you’ve voiced this several times, on multiple threads.

Have I ever once tried to censor you? In fact, just speak to @dust78 and he will tell you how I’ve been at the forefront of his case to ensure he’s treated well. I’m disappointed in how you view our community, if we were really in it for the money you would’ve been censored and banned ages ago, like other forums do, and I wouldn’t still be working a full time job. 

We’re truthfully one of, if not the last forum to host good, bad, and even ugly reviews. At this point, we haven’t seen any of our recommendations not stand by their work, granted that won’t change how you feel about your own results, but that does demonstrate ethical standards and integrity in our eyes. As I said on the dust78 thread, if it changes, our list will change, that’s a fact.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Steeeve said:

This is still one of the very best forums to get real patient reviews of doctors. While it is true that doctors pay fees to the site they are also paying them to help keep the site running. That’s my understanding, at least. Maybe @Melvin-Moderator can help shed some light on this, though. In order for a doctor to be recommended here they have to go through a vetting process by us, the members. If they are chosen then they start to pay fees. If a doctor’s work starts to slip they are held accountable and they could be booted from being recommended here. It’s happened at least twice in the last decade. The forum has gotten a lot of flack in the past because of doctors paying fees here. I’ve, personally, never had a problem with it. Unfortunately money makes the world go round and it’s just as true for those that help make this site possible.

That’s only how I look at it. Not everyone agrees with me and that’s fine.

I’m just sayin’, had I not found this site I might have made a bad choice while looking for a doctor. OR I might not have had the procedure at all. I’d still be a sad bald sack.

That’s my 2 cents but I totally respect those who have a problem with it. They have they’re reasons, also.

You are 100% correct, we open up our recommendations like a democracy, everyone has a vote, including other physicians.

Famously, there was a Turkish surgeon who went up for recommendation last year, we ended up not recommending him, because the community didn’t like the fact that he has packages with no involvement. If we were in it for the money, he’d be recommended, not to mention the dozens of doctors we say no too, who don’t even make it to the recommendation process.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 2/17/2020 at 1:42 AM, jonnyalex said:

Yes I have to agree. Its all about business.

This site was created to obviously make money. I was wrong and too naive to think it was created as an open platform that put people's needs first. This is why you won't find the best clinics on here stupid enough to pay to come to this forum when they  dont need it.

The only people who think otherwise are those who work for the site. Again obvious.

On another post I mentioned that some users were actually blacklisted from not only visiting this forum again. But were blacklisted from visiting doctors that this forum gave contact info  to without ANY consent, thereby breaking privacy law.

My best advice to all you is to research as many resources as you can. Dont put all your eggs in 1 basket by visiting this forum only. Visit  lots of them. Ask as many questions as you can even if you feel theyve been answered already. Theres a lot of evil lurking on forums that dont have your best interest at heart but your money.

Dont be afraid to speak up loudly.

Good luck to all you.

Edited by killa

• Valued Contributor
8 hours ago, killa said:

Yes I have to agree. Its all about business.

This site was created to obviously make money. I was wrong and too naive to think it was created as an open platform that put people's needs first. This is why you won't find the best clinics on here stupid enough to pay to come to this forum when they  dont need it.

The only people who think otherwise are those who work for the site. Again obvious.

On another post I mentioned that some users were actually blacklisted from not only visiting this forum again. But were blacklisted from visiting doctors that this forum gave contact info  to without ANY consent, thereby breaking privacy law.

My best advice to all you is to research as many resources as you can. Dont put all your eggs in 1 basket by visiting this forum only. Visit  lots of them. Ask as many questions as you can even if you feel theyve been answered already. Theres a lot of evil lurking on forums that dont have your best interest at heart but your money.

Dont be afraid to speak up loudly.

Good luck to all you.

I’m sorry you feel this way. I feel it is very unfortunate. I still think this site is a great tool for researching the best doctor to suit your personal needs.

Good luck to you, as well. I hope you find what you’re looking for.

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Steeeve said:

I’m sorry you feel this way. I feel it is very unfortunate. I still think this site is a great tool for researching the best doctor to suit your personal needs.

Good luck to you, as well. I hope you find what you’re looking for.

His only motive is to denigrate everyone on this site and what we stand for, and our mission. He’s no longer welcome to poison our healthy well. Just take a look at his posting history. His conspiracy was so ridiculous, it was comical. 

He basically said some “guy” told him he spoke badly about some doctors, and we sent a blacklist to over 40 doctors because of some negative things he has to say about God knows who.

He never responded to any of my rebuttals. For example, all we have is an emailed address and an IP address, so I guess we’re experts at hacking too lmao. I pity anyone who really thinks I would use my limited free time, to train to be a hacker, just so I can hack some random guys information, and then send said information to over 40 doctors. 

I work full time job, plus I work here as my passion, I have a life, and a family, so believe me, I don’t have the time even if I wanted too. I got PMs shortly after from other members claiming he’s a troll. I didn’t want to take action, because I thought it would end there, but now it’s clear that he’s a troll.

This has de-railed the thread long enough, frankly, we welcome all and everyone to join in healthy discussions and debate, but trolls are not welcome. 

• Like 3

View my thread

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

His only motive is to denigrate everyone on this site and what we stand for, and our mission. He’s no longer welcome to poison our healthy well. Just take a look at his posting history. His conspiracy was so ridiculous, it was comical. 

He basically said some “guy” told him he spoke badly about some doctors, and we sent a blacklist to over 40 doctors because of some negative things he has to say about God knows who.

He never responded to any of my rebuttals. For example, all we have is an emailed address and an IP address, so I guess we’re experts at hacking too lmao. I pity anyone who really thinks I would use my limited free time, to train to be a hacker, just so I can hack some random guys information, and then send said information to over 40 doctors. 

I work full time job, plus I work here as my passion, I have a life, and a family, so believe me, I don’t have the time even if I wanted too. I got PMs shortly after from other members claiming he’s a troll. I didn’t want to take action, because I thought it would end there, but now it’s clear that he’s a troll.

This has de-railed the thread long enough, frankly, we welcome all and everyone to join in healthy discussions and debate, but trolls are not welcome. 

I hate to derail the post any more but, yeah, I went back and checked him out. I saw that myself about him speaking to an old forum member who was banned, like that makes sense in any way...

It’s unfortunate. What can you do? 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...