To do it or not to do it

I am going to have my ht next months. 3000grafts with pekiner.

i need to fix my hairline.

i do not care if the ht won’t make things better. It’s a try! I’m scared that ht can ruin my natural hair.

i am thinking to lose my money and not ot go. What is it your opinion?

can ht make things worse?

F5BF9B30-4EB0-4389-9F16-6E8551113DF9.jpeg

DCA9A9F2-C10D-4012-BD8C-D73E959EABB1.jpeg

E2CAC576-38D5-4BD4-98CB-C6B2A621FA47.jpeg

Its surgery - things can get so much worse - edge cases include necrosis, infections, shock loss and hair doest come back. Hair implanted has low density outcome and looks strange......so now you've traded your high but dense & natural looking hairline for lower wispy possibly unnatural looking hairline. You've more hair but your worse off.

Your hair looks great - no outward appearance to the casual observer of what I would call stone cold he's losing hair "look"

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Panamera13 said:

OP - What's wrong with your hair? You don't seem to be balding. Where you going to implant those 3000 hair?

in the temples...I've a lot of hair but I've a very accentuated M shape.
During windy days or when my hair are dirty/when I use the helmet etc I have some bald spot on my sides.
I think 3000 is too much. @Melvin-Moderator agree with me so I'm going to ask 2000/2500 graft
@Abi28 I am worried HT can destroy/ruin my native hairs!

50 minutes ago, duchaine said:

in the temples...I've a lot of hair but I've a very accentuated M shape.
During windy days or when my hair are dirty/when I use the helmet etc I have some bald spot on my sides.
I think 3000 is too much. @Melvin-Moderator agree with me so I'm going to ask 2000/2500 graft
@Abi28 I am worried HT can destroy/ruin my native hairs!

Perhaps post a picture with your hair pulled back? I understand your concern, there is always risks when you are having any kind of procedure, Dr Pekiner is a great doctor and he is good at dense packing, it's up to you if it's really bothering you go for it, but your hair looks good overall.

13 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

Perhaps post a picture with your hair pulled back? I understand your concern, there is always risks when you are having any kind of procedure, Dr Pekiner is a great doctor and he is good at dense packing, it's up to you if it's really bothering you go for it, but your hair looks good overall.

This is me with hair pulled back (dry and wet). Anyway, I've a good hair texture so I can cover my temples when I wash my hair!

77113552_955758348156718_7312587077374181376_n-2.jpg

73352322_3965348133490698_5313303148528402432_n.jpg

I see your concern now, you can get that fixed if it's really bothering you, your native hair will be fine because the doctor will operate on the bald area only, your hair looks great overall and the haircut suits your face well, only you can decide if you really wanna do it, also Dr Pekiner is very ethical he will do what's best for your situation.

• Like 2

• Administrators

@duchaine 

This is the question I want you to answer, and answer it truthfully. 
Would a bad hair transplant result bother you more than your current hair? If the answer is yes, do not have a hair transplant. You have to understand that no one can guarantee that you will get a good result, or that you will be satisfied. Having a procedure is taking a calculated risk. I knew before I decided to have surgery that I had reached 'rock bottom' and there was no going lower. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

19 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

@duchaine 

This is the question I want you to answer, and answer it truthfully. 
Would a bad hair transplant result bother you more than your current hair? If the answer is yes, do not have a hair transplant. You have to understand that no one can guarantee that you will get a good result, or that you will be satisfied. Having a procedure is taking a calculated risk. I knew before I decided to have surgery that I had reached 'rock bottom' and there was no going lower. 

Thanks guys for the time you dedicated to answer! 
I know that no one can guarantee  I'll get a good result. Let me say that 40-50% of people do not get a good result and are not satisfied.
I calculated the risk to be one of the unlucky guys.
The thing that makes me worry is: can an HT damaging for native hair?
@Abi28 said " your native hair will be fine because the doctor will operate on the bald area only". that makes me feel a looot better!
I'll insist not to work among my native hair and just put the grafts on bald areas. If he will not agree...game over! I won't get my HT!!!

Depending on your age and if you think your hair loss has stabilized and if you’ve had it confirmed by a professional surgeon that it’s stabilized...then I don’t see an issue to worry about getting your temples filled in and being sure to inform your HT doc not to touch your center area of hair if it is nice and dense as it appears in your photos.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Depending on your age and if you think your hair loss has stabilized and if you’ve had it confirmed by a professional surgeon that it’s stabilized...then I don’t see an issue to worry about getting your temples filled in and being sure to inform your HT doc not to touch your center area of hair if it is nice and dense as it appears in your photos.

I'm 41. I lost hair in temples when I was 17!!!
Yesterday I found an old pic of mine, when I was 25, and I was exactly the same!
4 years ago I lost some hair after a very long and stressing diet (I reached 6% BF naturally and I stayed that lean for months) but I recovered going back to normal eating and DR, minoxidil etc. and now it is denser than it was before :)
So, I can say my HL has stabilized.

• Like 1

If you understand risk/rewards and have researched and are confident in your chosen doc then go for it. Also understand hair loss will likely progress over time. MAy want to give medication a shot as well. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, duchaine said:

Thanks guys for the time you dedicated to answer! 
I know that no one can guarantee  I'll get a good result. Let me say that 40-50% of people do not get a good result and are not satisfied.
I calculated the risk to be one of the unlucky guys.
The thing that makes me worry is: can an HT damaging for native hair?
@Abi28 said " your native hair will be fine because the doctor will operate on the bald area only". that makes me feel a looot better!
I'll insist not to work among my native hair and just put the grafts on bald areas. If he will not agree...game over! I won't get my HT!!!

If your doctor is transplanting in between hairs that is when you have a potential for shock loss. If the results don't look good or to your liking are you willing to do a second procedure?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, duchaine said:

I'm 41. I lost hair in temples when I was 17!!!
Yesterday I found an old pic of mine, when I was 25, and I was exactly the same!
4 years ago I lost some hair after a very long and stressing diet (I reached 6% BF naturally and I stayed that lean for months) but I recovered going back to normal eating and DR, minoxidil etc. and now it is denser than it was before :)
So, I can say my HL has stabilized.

If that’s seems like the case then and you’re going to stick with medication after an HT and for 41 I say life is too short so go for it if it will make you happier.

49 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

If your doctor is transplanting in between hairs that is when you have a potential for shock loss. If the results don't look good or to your liking are you willing to do a second procedure?

I'm planning to go into a second procedure. For me, the best approach is "give time to myself" and making small improvements. Every time I try to get all at once, it is a disaster (in relationship, at work, in fitness etc etc),

1 hour ago, 202 said:

If you understand risk/rewards and have researched and are confident in your chosen doc then go for it. Also understand hair loss will likely progress over time. MAy want to give medication a shot as well. 

I know it sounds strange...but I love medications!
I love biochemistry and physiology so I like trying to mix and experiment substances/dosages/timing 

6 hours ago, Blackweasel said:

So since youre hair situation has been stable for so long, have you been on medications this whole time? Are you on finasteride/propecia or other DHT blockers?

yes, the big 3: fina, minoxidil and nizoral.
special bonus: dermoroller.