Any advice on being 1 year post hair transplant?

In a few days it'll be just 1 year after I got my HT. I'm very happy with the decision and the result. In hindsight, maybe I'd have wished to correct a bit my hairline and to have gotten a bit more density. But those are minor complains, honestly. I've ended up with a result that looks natural and also miles better than what it was pre-HT.

I've got several questions for those with (at least) 12 months post-HT:

- Do you follow any particular regime still?

I'm on Rogaine twice a day, but stopped with the Fin shortly after having side effects. Haven't noticed any worsening yet.

- What kind of champu/conditioner/scalp treatment do you use?

- Have you tried any tint? If so, what kind so it's not bad for the hair?

- Any particular recommendations or tips, NOT-to-dos ... ?

It's your hair! Treat it as such.

Avoid shampoo that contains alcohol. This dries the scalp and that's when flakes begin. Baby shampoo should do the trick.

You can color your hair all you want.  I would allow a hair dresser to do it however.  It may cost a bit more but they're the experts when it comes to this.  I know of cases where a guy ended up burning his scalp because he didn't follow instructions. Going rate for this, by the way, is $35 - $60.

Keep a keen eye on shedding.  If it increases, add Laser to the mix. Not sure for how long you used Propecia. But, if it was for a lengthy period, you'll end up losing what you would have lost had you not been on the medication.  This can take up to one year.

On 12/6/2019 at 3:32 PM, LaserCap said:

Avoid shampoo that contains alcohol. This dries the scalp and that's when flakes begin. Baby shampoo should do the trick.

You can color your hair all you want.  I would allow a hair dresser to do it however.  It may cost a bit more but they're the experts when it comes to this.  I know of cases where a guy ended up burning his scalp because he didn't follow instructions. Going rate for this, by the way, is $35 - $60.

Keep a keen eye on shedding.  If it increases, add Laser to the mix. Not sure for how long you used Propecia. But, if it was for a lengthy period, you'll end up losing what you would have lost had you not been on the medication.  This can take up to one year.

1. I knew about baby shampoo during the months after HT, but not in perpetuity... 

2. I only used Fin during the first month post-HT.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 9:32 AM, LaserCap said:

We would all be amazed at the tons of chemical additives in these shampoo products...all you have to do is read the labels and be prepared for a shock!...:o

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Some are of the opinion that various types of laser treatments can potentially stimulate the hair follicles...not sure if that is what Laser was referring to.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY