Any HT doctors that don't require full shave?

Hi,

I've had 2 HT's with Dr. Bernstein, with my second being around 2 years ago. I'm looking for a 3rd HT from a doctor (preferably New York / East Coast) that does not require you to shave your head. Ideally I'd like to get back to work in 4 days post surgery without it being too obvious. My first two were were FUT's and I'm dreading the post op recovery period and discomfort from my 3rd HT. I'm mostly looking to get coverage in my crown area (70% crown and 30% front) with the 3rd HT because the first 2 did very little to help the crown area.

I've read a few people post here that they did FUT for their first HT and FUE for the crown area in the 2nd HT. Is there any logic to this?  Just trying to get through my 3rd HT with the least post op hassle. Yeah, in hindsight I'm regretting not doing a mega / larger HT but no one can really predict how that could have gone too.

Thanks!

Edited by DartDaric

• Moderators

True & Dorin in NY.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators

There are a lot of doctors that offer "no-shave" procedures. The question is why would you want to limit yourself. Not shaving can have a negative impact on the surgeons ability to create recipient sites. You also set yourself up for shock loss. Not worth it in my opinion.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2019 at 2:07 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

There are a lot of doctors that offer "no-shave" procedures. The question is why would you want to limit yourself. Not shaving can have a negative impact on the surgeons ability to create recipient sites. You also set yourself up for shock loss. Not worth it in my opinion.

Can you provide some more insight on the correlation between not shaving and shock loss? How would it be more beneficial in this regard if the doctor did a shaved procedure?

Also the one that I went to and the others that do perform no-shave procedures haven't mentioned it as getting in their way or having an impact. I wonder what the actual details are.

Edited by DartDaric