Anyone feeling depressed during their "ugly duckling" phase?

I'm at about 2.5 months post 2750 FUE and despite thinking that I am experiencing expedited growth due to my age (25) I am feeling somewhat depressed

Not sure how long this stage should last but personally it is somewhat sad to see myself worse than before the procedure (Norwood 2-3)

I have no doubt in the clinic but it is the time which sucks

There's a lot of things to worry about in life and despite being informed that the hair needs plenty of time to grow out it is still somewhat unappealing to be waiting so long for it to come back

Just sucks that the life is somewhat short and a substantial amount of it is now just a waiting game stopping myself from certain pleasures

I will be about to go through the ugly duckling phase myself soon enough.

Its a short term pain , for a long term gain. 

Try to think of yourself a few months down the line. It wont be long coming round.

Wearing a hat whenever you can would disguise it .

........All the best @Yaro

............Paddy........

• Administrators

The ugly duckling phase sucks. Stay patient, forget about looking or checking on your progress every day. Try to gauge progress monthly. This will help your mental state.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, duchaine said:

If I do not shave my head for HT, does it help for the ugly suckling phase?
@Melvin-Moderator

Not really. I made a video on how to deal with the ugly duckling phase check it out. Shaving helps with ensuring the surgeon has an easy time performing the procedure. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It can be a tough time no doubt about it, but I just kept reminding myself that each day it was getting better and one day closer to the final result. You just have to try not to fixate on it, park it to one side and get on with the day to day stuff. 

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Thanks all for support. I guess this is why we are here and some stay here for longer because such a procedure can truly be life changing

Funnily enough I stopped checking the growth progress on a daily basis, just continuing the necessary maintenance. Like someone mentioned, maybe this is not depression but rather the impatience to see the final result. Oh well, seems like this feeling of mystery will only allow us to appreciate it more

Finally I guess it's important to note, only go with reputable clinics so that all the time waiting will not be for nothing

• 11 months later...

I feel bad every day I need advice! please help me! The pandemic totally knocks me down! I started smoking, taking drugs, drinking, locking myself in the house and not going out of it every day. I don't go to the store or supermarket anymore because I'm afraid of COVID-19. God help me who can with a piece of advice! I haven't seen my friends and family in a while and I feel so lonely! I can't go out on dates with a lover! I feel so powerless! I gained 10 kg, I feel so ugly!
Help!

Edited by MeganYterni
I didn't explain everything I wanted in the end

On 11/13/2020 at 12:56 PM, MeganYterni said:

I feel bad every day I need advice! please help me!

Are you on Finasteride as well? If so I would make sure its not having an emotional effect on you. If you have been on it a while then maybe not but I would rule it out