The UNTOLD Truth About Black Market FUE

• Administrators

This problem has been growing exponentially within the last few years. You guys should see the messages I receive about patients wanting to go to these conveyor belt clinics with no doctors in sight. I think as a community we need to educate the masses, and show them that they can educate themselves for free on this forum. Thoughts and input welcome and appreciated. 

The Untold Truth About Black Market FUE Clinics

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Melvin-Moderator Great topic to continue shedding light on. Any type of procedure/operation can have complications, so why risk several hundred dollars over your health and life for that matter? Educate yourself, ask questions, consult multiple surgeons, understand the realistic expectations of what can/can't be done, what percent of the surgery is actually performed by the surgeon etc. I feel like this is an extension of the Bosley's and Restore clinics here in the US that have been providing shoddy work for decades. Your health and well being is so much more important than any monetary amount you can save.

• Like 1

@Melvin-Moderator

Melvin, how are you?

I would agree. A good starting point I believe would be a "banner" of specific image/link on this forums homepage. Therefore for any new/er member who really has no knowledge of such an issue, would not have to spend hours studying threads and posts to education themselves about this. As they become more aware of the industry and begin to research further and considering proceeding with surgery, they already have this knowledge from their first visits.

I also believe that this would make the forum even more respectable, going inline with the patients before profits campaign, giving that essential message and helping to protect the patient.

A message on the forum homepage that when clicked would list articles, discussion threads etc... As a hair restoration forum for the consumer, this would be very ethical and powerful. 

It is never ideal to "market" hair restoration surgery by highlighting the negatives, within the field of hair restoration. However, again as a consumer/patient orientated site that is endorsing/recommending the elite in the field and showcasing the incredible results that can be achieved, we should not be afraid to push this message. In fact it is essential!

• Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, Raphael84 said:

@Melvin-Moderator

Melvin, how are you?

I would agree. A good starting point I believe would be a "banner" of specific image/link on this forums homepage. Therefore for any new/er member who really has no knowledge of such an issue, would not have to spend hours studying threads and posts to education themselves about this. As they become more aware of the industry and begin to research further and considering proceeding with surgery, they already have this knowledge from their first visits.

I also believe that this would make the forum even more respectable, going inline with the patients before profits campaign, giving that essential message and helping to protect the patient.

A message on the forum homepage that when clicked would list articles, discussion threads etc... As a hair restoration forum for the consumer, this would be very ethical and powerful. 

It is never ideal to "market" hair restoration surgery by highlighting the negatives, within the field of hair restoration. However, again as a consumer/patient orientated site that is endorsing/recommending the elite in the field and showcasing the incredible results that can be achieved, we should not be afraid to push this message. In fact it is essential!

Great idea Raphael, 

I have always thought that those who come to this community see how transparent we actually, but you may be right about.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Great post Melvin . Its only when you see patients coming onto this forum looking for help and support after having their botched HT at one of these " profit before patient wellbeing clinics "   looking for help and support , one has to realise that this forum is doing an excellent service to the community by recommending only the top surgeons and clinics that one should look at before considering a HT, which of course puts those unregulated black market clinics out of the picture. 

.............Paddy.........

• Like 1

Great post @Melvin-Moderator

Perhaps have a pinned thread of unscrupulous clinics? This forum is a vital tool for patient safety. A pinned thread will be easy to access and can be updated, etc. 

Edited by Dr. Suhail Khokhar
  • Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

Thanks for posting the link to the article Melvin!

I occasionally hear from some who are considering an International destination for their transplant.  I know they go abroad because of the cost but I always remind them to calculate airfare, extra travel days/meals/time, etc.  I remind them that there may be a language barrier and that they need to know exactly what to do pre and post surgery.  I also recommend them traveling with another person just in case there's an unforeseen medical issue.   More importantly, I remind them to check with their health insurance provider to see if they are covered in another country if they need medical assistance as a result of a medical procedure done by individuals without a medical license.  There are so many things to consider when traveling abroad, especially for a medical procedure with the sole expectation of saving money. 

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.